Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're making rewards a waste of time, especially for international customers who will lose a lot of them to shipping and customs charges.

The days of 'free' figures are over - which was to be expected as that was a nice racket while it lasted!
It's not much different for domestic customers as their shipping is always higher than other options, plus they charge sales tax regardless of where you're located. We used to be able to offset the taxes with "Thank You" codes but now those are rarely usable on the latest desirable pre-orders. Like everything else, they're only good for in stock items or slow moving pre-orders that have been languishing for months, plus they expire in a week so the stars aren't likely to align. Hell, I remember back when the Endgame figures came out they gave us a $25 coupon every time we pre-ordered one, and we could use it on the next pre-order. I had like 6 or 7 orders in a row with that $25 discount. Now that's how you reward customers. Grrrr.....

giphy.gif

It's the customs charges which are the killer now that they're charged on the full retail amount plus shipping, regardless how much the figure actually cost after using rewards.

It used to be that customs were based only on the cash paid, so rewards used to be more effective.

The couriers would sometimes try it on and use the full retail price, but most of the time they would admit their error and refund the overcharge.

Now they claim that full retail (regardless of rewards) is the correct calculation.

That's now coinciding with Sideshow changing their reward scheme, making it more attractive to merely ignore them and buy from Kit instead.

One bonus to giving up collecting rewards would be no longer having to suffer Sideshow's mind numbing live streams! :lol

It's the customs charges which are the killer now that they're charged on the full retail amount plus shipping, regardless how much the figure actually cost after using rewards.

It used to be that customs were based only on the cash paid, so rewards used to be more effective.

The couriers would sometimes try it on and use the full retail price, but most of the time they would admit their error and refund the overcharge.

Now they claim that full retail (regardless of rewards) is the correct calculation.

That's now coinciding with Sideshow changing their reward scheme, making it more attractive to merely ignore them and buy from Kit instead.

One bonus to giving up collecting rewards would be no longer having to suffer Sideshow's mind numbing live streams! :lol
dam sideshow no longer put the price you paid for to the shipping courier? using rewards to help lower the final cost of what I paid instead of the figure's full retail price helped in the past...

dam sideshow no longer put the price you paid for to the shipping courier? using rewards to help lower the final cost of what I paid instead of the figure's full retail price helped in the past...

I think they do, but when I questioned it the first time they said it's up to the courier to decide which total they used.

Searching HMRC for a definitive answer I could no longer find the quote referring to tax only being charged on the "cash" amount paid. So the law may well have changed, and HMRC now use the original retail value.

I'm an international customer and my average shipping fee is $35 USD
I am a registered citizen of the world entirely loyal to Klaus Schwab and his WEF and I get free shipping worldwide on everything I purchase online. Thanks Klaus. :ROFLMAO:

Back