Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In lieu of reward points, I give you this turkey...

giphy.gif
Enjoy! :wave

Autumn coldly states there will be no lotteries during Geeksgiving. Not even an "I'm sorry." It would have been helpful if she had told us this at the beginning of the week. FTS (Four letter word + that + human waste). :LOL:

Yeah the reward thing feels like it may be winding down or it is probably going to go through another change - like you can only use them on in stock crap that nobody wants. It's a tough climate out there but then again we don't know the true mark up on these things. They just seem desperate right now and it isn't a good sign when your top people start bailing on you.

I would consider dumping your points soon - before the new year.

It really does suck about the rewards. I've got 351 fun bucks saved since like December of last year. I just can't decide what I want to use them on. Hopefully all you guys buy something that you really want because I highly doubt we'll be able to accumulate those big numbers through lotteries and such anymore. It's the end of an era unfortunately.

guess it really is coming to an end
spooktacular was a lot less interactive this year, they barely had any streams past midnight and the rewards was lower than previous years
geeksgiving looks like it's just the $10 registration and that's it

Jonathan Wong
That's new, it not being an event for rewards. In 2020 about $40 was given out in rewards. Last year a total of about $55 was given out widely. As someone located outside the US, giveaways aren't applicable.

Autumn Glading

Jonathan Wong That was before we started giving everyone $10 just for registering for all our events, which happens almost every month. The registration rewards are meant to make it better for people so they don't have to follow along with the events if they aren't interested or don't have time.

Now that we do that so often, we can't make it rain rewards every single time. Over the course of the year, I think you'll find most people come out ahead anyway compared to years past.

Autumn Glading

It's a good thing it's not after my last day yet or I'd say something snarky like hey we can always eliminate the super easy high-value registration rewards for every event so we can go back to the old way of everyone having to pay attention to every little thing we do on every platform just for a chance to compete with everyone for a few bucks at a time and then complain loudly that they shouldn't have to do that to get Rewards because it's not fair. That would be so unprofessional to say. Not appropriate AT ALL.
Happy Geeksgiving!!
❤
❤
❤

Autumn Glading

Yes, in a few days I will be in the position to be excited and grateful for any opportunity to pick up free rewards that I can get without making a purchase!

Callum Newlands
For us not in the U.S.A. the reward lotteries are one of the only obtainable giveaways.

Autumn Glading

Shhh we are keeping that under the radar... but yes. It's a way for international members to potentially get an extra something without being in an actual giveaway. Don't make eye contact with it and just keep your fingers crossed!

Sorry if this early morning post awakens you but you shouldn't have notifications on for this thread because they aren't giving anything away:lol

Just focusing on HT, their bread and butter - yeah I see a lot of stuff peg warming like never before (TFA aside) with deep discounts and still sitting collecting dust. I look at what is coming from HT and see many more figures doing the same. They went absolutely crazy with volume and most collectors simply won't be able to keep up.

The funny thing is I used many of last years rewards on quite a few of those figures thus nullifying all of my rewards. All of last year was for naught as I can now get those figures for even cheaper than what I paid for them using rewards.

This makes rewards pretty much useless unless you can pick the right figures that won't hit deep discount, which again is getting pretty hard to do and it won't be any easier in the near future.

I mean, even completely "free" is starting to feel like a bad deal:lol Which figure do I choose for "free" to maximize my rewards?

The positive is again, you may not even need rewards to get the figures you want at a good price. It is going to be a very interesting 2023.

Sorry if this early morning post awakens you but you shouldn't have notifications on for this thread because they aren't giving anything away:lol

Just focusing on HT, their bread and butter - yeah I see a lot of stuff peg warming like never before (TFA aside) with deep discounts and still sitting collecting dust. I look at what is coming from HT and see many more figures doing the same. They went absolutely crazy with volume and most collectors simply won't be able to keep up.

The funny thing is I used many of last years rewards on quite a few of those figures thus nullifying all of my rewards. All of last year was for naught as I can now get those figures for even cheaper than what I paid for them using rewards.

This makes rewards pretty much useless unless you can pick the right figures that won't hit deep discount, which again is getting pretty hard to do and it won't be any easier in the near future.

I mean, even completely "free" is starting to feel like a bad deal:lol Which figure do I choose for "free" to maximize my rewards?

The positive is again, you may not even need rewards to get the figures you want at a good price. It is going to be a very interesting 2023.

It always hurts when you see huge discounts on something you bought. I think it's happening right now with figures people have only just received, which would only make the pain greater.

There's always the fear of not missing out by not pre-ordering, which is why Sideshow hypes up the fear by moving things to 'sold out', before returning them to pre-order a few days later.

I've never usually been one to wait for 'in stock' to buy, but prefer to lock in the pre-order. So I see a few figures on sale now that I could've saved quite a bit on.

It always hurts when you see huge discounts on something you bought. I think it's happening right now with figures people have only just received, which would only make the pain greater.

There's always the fear of not missing out by not pre-ordering, which is why Sideshow hypes up the fear by moving things to 'sold out', before returning them to pre-order a few days later.

I've never usually been one to wait for 'in stock' to buy, but prefer to lock in the pre-order. So I see a few figures on sale now that I could've saved quite a bit on.

I guess it is possible HT makes some of these figures more limited in the future and it has been noted that SS is testing demand on certain figures like you referred to with the waitlist thing. It really is all kind of up in the air right now. But from my perspective it feels like a storm is brewing. I should be clear that I am not trying to be negative. I wish I were interested in more HT product than I am. But at the same time I along with many others are getting weary of the potential/probable looming recession and have already cut back do to those fears - which of coarse doesn't help matters.

To be totally fair, the sold out/preorder thing could be for a number of reasons, including SS having their system set to put in for reorder once stock reaches a certain level. I know BBTS and a few other stores are known for it. It's not uncommon. The problem: Even if they request more, that's no guarantee they'll get more.

Back