Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about they give everybody $1 for participating, and scale it higher for the higher scores? Top 500 can get $2, top 100 $3, top 50 $4, top 25 $5, top 10 $10 and the usual for the top 3. Make the game worth playing for everybody, give more inventive to play well, and do a little less random lotteries.
I like that. No way it'll happen.

Yep, too hard to win unless you are an expert at the subject matter. Can't waste this much time for $2 or $3 dollars anymore.
Yeah, now I'm just signing in to be eligible for the lotteries. Winning all of $2 over 3 days isn't worth that much time. I'm just signing in at the start, muting the show and keeping the game window open off to the side while I read other things. When the screen changes, I click on a random answer...

Yep, too hard to win unless you are an expert at the subject matter. Can't waste this much time for $2 or $3 dollars anymore.

I still don't get how the winners score so highly.

This time first place scored 959/1000.

So on average they're clicking the correct answer when the score is at 95.9.

The timer starts at 25 seconds and drops by 4 points every second. So at 24 seconds the score is 96.

How can you even read every question and answer it correctly within 1 second???

Faimilar names keep top 20ish

But looks like participation is no longer a guarantee for reward points which sucks. Still stick around Becuase they do lottery but that is not guaranteed anything. They'll do 500 for 500 viewers but there's actually 1k+ ppl Becuase of link sharing.

Unless you are a robot it is impossible to get all ten questions correct within a second. Probably cheating somehow or fake names.

Unless you are a robot it is impossible to get all ten questions correct within a second. Probably cheating somehow or fake names.
The winners are probably all Sideshow employees who have been given the answer key ahead of time. That way they aren’t really giving out prizes at all. :lol

It's a simple fix. All they need to do is close off participation after say the 3rd question or so..

Or only include in the lottery at the end those that have answered at least 50% or so of the questions... Right or Wrong
They did at one point check that folk were answering questions to qualify for participation rewards.

That was abandoned as it was too much work on their part.

Less work for Sideshow > fairness.
I still don't understand why they want to stop codes.

The people who organize and set up code sharing are the exact rabid fans that want the money because they buy tons of figures. Why deprive your market?
Paul confirmed in answer to a question that the old style codes are not coming back.

I still don't get how the winners score so highly.

This time first place scored 959/1000.

So on average they're clicking the correct answer when the score is at 95.9.

The timer starts at 25 seconds and drops by 4 points every second. So at 24 seconds the score is 96.

How can you even read every question and answer it correctly within 1 second???

I answered the first question yesterday and got 99 points.

Total guess and I think I only answered two others correctly.

Some of those dudes that play video games have lightning fast reactions. It is possible....maybe.

The guy that won Markus was 3rd yesterday and has been top 5 numerous times. Pandalorian is also there or there abouts.

They may have encyclopedia geek knowledge of all things geek and superhuman reactions.

Or somehow the time lag between crowdpurr and youtube/facebook is somehow being exploited.

People cheated for ages on the anagram/code thing they used to do.

Whether they are cheating or not is irrelevant.

If the same people are winning, competing becomes as much fun as trying to beat Missy at Iron Man questions.

They even tried to dismiss the use of bots on tonights stream, hmm no reason to pick out that comment and defend against it...

Paul confirmed in answer to a question that the old style codes are not coming back.
They may rethink that when the customers who spend the most $ on their products don't come back either. Making winning rewards as fair as possible on Sideshow's social media platforms isn't necessarily in their best interest when it comes to profits.

Last edited:
That thanks was premature. I am sometimes not great with clues, and I misinterpreted Paul's VERY subtle hints. After not getting any reply to my email for over a week, I contacted my friend Alex Aronowicz whose job it is to keep track of all this stuff. He says the $3 from Saturday the 7th WAS for the trivia on the July 31st That Sideshow Show and that there actually were no participation rewards for voting during Anime Day's Cobbled Cosplay. He also says he's working on rewards for Monday's lotteries today. I didn't win any of those, but I'm sure some people will be happy to read that.

Attachments

• friend.gif
    friend.gif
    494 KB · Views: 20
Go ahead and make fun of that. Alex has been my buddy since before he was a moderator for their facebook group. He's not a particularly close friend, but we've hung out.

Back