Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I entered a giveaway and was sent a 15 dollar welcome code. It worked to. Very strange as I’ve got there e-mails and bought items from them for 5 years. It even let me use my rewards with it. Anyone else get welcome codes recently. I did (as I always do) click sign me up for e-mails. Give it a try and see if it works for you all.

So I entered a giveaway and was sent a 15 dollar welcome code. It worked to. Very strange as I’ve got there e-mails and bought items from them for 5 years. It even let me use my rewards with it. Anyone else get welcome codes recently. I did (as I always do) click sign me up for e-mails. Give it a try and see if it works for you all.

Didn't work for me :(

I started buying Hot Toys again from Sideshow and noticed their customer service is terrible compared to a few years ago. What happened to them?

What happened? I have not had any issues and i just delt with them this week.

Nothing bad - they are just not as good as they used to be. For example, in the old days you would usually get a response from customer service the same day or within the same business day and resolve any issues right there. Now, it takes a week to get any response and then another week to get it resolved.

are there any discount codes going around for in stock items?

they charge $26.50 to ship a non die cast hot toys figure with no packout to east coast. what a crock of shiot.

i hate shady business practices. id rather them say, its $15 to ship plus a $10 dollar handling fee. something a little more transparent than just 26.50 to ship ups ground. with their account, it probably costs $8-9 bucks. what a bunch of snakes they are. i just don't like the intense greed. just like sellers on eBay charging $40+ to ship things that will cost $15. why must everyone be greedy all the time. would kill ppl to be honest...just one time??
$26 for John Wick to TX, had to request a replacement box because it came damaged.

The lady explained to me the prices are what they are because it allows them to exchange and return things to ensure you're satisfied with a purchase. But...you know what a novel thought is? Maybe if you'd, oh, I don't know, pack your **** out from the start for the already looney price, you wouldn't need that extra buck to do replacements. She tried to sell me on the pack out option (and by all means she was absolutely tremendously nice, friendly, and accommodating to get my situation sorted out don't mistake that) but I politely called it out and said that expectation means I spend nearly $40 to do something their competitors do for free. And they won't do it for bigger items.

So you're basically paying shipping costs for Schrodinger's replacement parts, and if everything is fine, SS pockets extra cash.

I think they're just skimming off the top, but that's the "acceptable" public narrative I recieved.

As I said before, I'm migrating 100% to BBTS and Alter Ego once my current orders with SS are through and I burn my points one final time (probably on the BD 85 exclusive).

Ugh that?s such BS, I?m sure most of us have gone a number of years and a number of figures purchased from them and never needing anything replaced, let the people with the problems pay for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh that?s such BS, I?m sure most of us have gone a number of years and a number of figures purchased from them and never needing anything replaced, let the people with the problems pay for replacements.

Thats right. Ive purchased at least forty 1/6 scale figures from Sideshow over the past seven years. Ive only received one damaged Hot Toys package, and Ive requested zero replacements. Shipping used to be $8-$10 for me. Count Dooku just cost me $25.52 for shipping...

ehh....secret compass and pop culture zone SMOKE the nuts off anyone. BBTS is just a bunch of scalpers. they charge tax and $4 shipping takes 2 weeks! they are not really better than SS except for their customer service is faster and more user friendly. i enjoy small companies like i mentioned. you get immediate attention from the owner and far far better prices. anyone who hasn't used either would be well advised to give them a crack. always perfect. every time. pack outs free, no tax, and routinely cheaper than SS or BBTS.

ehh....secret compass and pop culture zone SMOKE the nuts off anyone. BBTS is just a bunch of scalpers. they charge tax and $4 shipping takes 2 weeks! they are not really better than SS except for their customer service is faster and more user friendly. i enjoy small companies like i mentioned. you get immediate attention from the owner and far far better prices. anyone who hasn't used either would be well advised to give them a crack. always perfect. every time. pack outs free, no tax, and routinely cheaper than SS or BBTS.

I guess it depends on where you live, but Im in TX, and BBTS doesnt charge me tax. I receive my pile of loot about one week after it ships.

$26 for John Wick to TX, had to request a replacement box because it came damaged.

The lady explained to me the prices are what they are because it allows them to exchange and return things to ensure you're satisfied with a purchase. But...you know what a novel thought is? Maybe if you'd, oh, I don't know, pack your **** out from the start for the already looney price, you wouldn't need that extra buck to do replacements. She tried to sell me on the pack out option (and by all means she was absolutely tremendously nice, friendly, and accommodating to get my situation sorted out don't mistake that) but I politely called it out and said that expectation means I spend nearly $40 to do something their competitors do for free. And they won't do it for bigger items.

So you're basically paying shipping costs for Schrodinger's replacement parts, and if everything is fine, SS pockets extra cash.

I think they're just skimming off the top, but that's the "acceptable" public narrative I recieved.

As I said before, I'm migrating 100% to BBTS and Alter Ego once my current orders with SS are through and I burn my points one final time (probably on the BD 85 exclusive).

So how about after 40 days when your rewards points clear, if you haven’t put in a claim return you get that extra shipping cost back?

So how about after 40 days when your rewards points clear, if you haven?t put in a claim return you get that extra shipping cost back?

I still order directly from SS rather than BBTS because of tax, it comes around the same price for the most part and the reason I?m still sticking with SS is the reward points

This doesn't really have to do with discount codes, but it looks like Sideshow may have realized that people can get "double" rewards by buying gift cards to get points once, then receiving points again spending them on something. Shame, it was a handy trick to get extra points, considering they keep driving the shipping costs up.

This doesn't really have to do with discount codes, but it looks like Sideshow may have realized that people can get "double" rewards by buying gift cards to get points once, then receiving points again spending them on something. Shame, it was a handy trick to get extra points, considering they keep driving the shipping costs up.
So what did they do? Get rid of rewards earned for buying gift cards or get rid of rewards earned for using gift cards?

People always looking to gain any advantage by any sleazy way possible.

So what did they do? Get rid of rewards earned for buying gift cards or get rid of rewards earned for using gift cards?

The former option. I checked with support and it sounds like it was a mistake that people ever got points for buying the cards to begin with.

People always looking to gain any advantage by any sleazy way possible.

I admire the energy it must take to muster an embittered opinion on any given topic. For the sake of your blood pressure, I hope nobody's been talking about rooted hair, NRDs, or diecast figures today.

The former option. I checked with support and it sounds like it was a mistake that people ever got points for buying the cards to begin with.

I admire the energy it must take to muster an embittered opinion on any given topic. For the sake of your blood pressure, I hope nobody's been talking about rooted hair, NRDs, or diecast figures today.

The only embittered person is you along with the other dishonest people who gamed the system to earn a dishonest buck. It's pathetic to be so entitled that when the loop hole is closed you have the nerve to complain. I always saw people mentioning using gift cards and I always wondered why they did. Now we know. You dishonest lot managed to keep it quiet that you were gaming the system to get double reward points for quite a long time. I guess next we will be treated to a long winded indignant post "explaining" why you were entitled to be stealing reward points.

The only embittered person is you along with the other dishonest people who gamed the system to earn a dishonest buck. It's pathetic to be so entitled that when the loop hole is closed you have the nerve to complain. I always saw people mentioning using gift cards and I always wondered why they did. Now we know. You dishonest lot managed to keep it quiet that you were gaming the system to get double reward points for quite a long time. I guess next we will be treated to a long winded indignant post "explaining" why you were entitled to be stealing reward points.

Actually, you?ll just be treated to my pity, and also my genuine curiosity if you?ve ever posted a single non-furious thought on this site? Just one, to try it out? I highly recommend it, as it?s kind of fun.

Back