Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think it's dumb that if they're sending out multiple packages with codes to the same person that only one code from the current batch can be used. It seems like the more sensible thing would be to email out a coupon per month that's account specific if a customer is buying regularly or something. That way they could save on not having to print the stickers and it'd be easier to keep track of who's getting codes so that it doesn't feel like a tease when they're sending out multiples.

They probably just have them stuck on the box before they're mailed out. The person putting them on the box probably has no idea who already got one since packages are mailed out separately. And they figure the extra codes would just be given away. No loss to them.

It's still a flawed system in my opinion. I mean they have to print off a label when they ship an item anyways. It wouldn't take that much longer to put the sticker for the code on at the same time and there should be a way to keep track of if someone has already received one. I think emails would be a much easier option though as that way they know only one is being sent.

I still think it's dumb that if they're sending out multiple packages with codes to the same person that only one code from the current batch can be used. It seems like the more sensible thing would be to email out a coupon per month that's account specific if a customer is buying regularly or something. That way they could save on not having to print the stickers and it'd be easier to keep track of who's getting codes so that it doesn't feel like a tease when they're sending out multiples.

Stop making so much sense.:lol

Does it really matter? They don't have to send a code at all! Just use the one and pass the other. Luckily I'm down to not having much to spend them on now....for awhile. :lol

Does it really matter? They don't have to send a code at all! Just use the one and pass the other. Luckily I'm down to not having much to spend them on now....for awhile. :lol
But the point isn't giving or not giving them. It's giving out multiples in some instances and then saying they can't be used. It just seems kind of backwards. Plus it seems kind of counter active if the point to stopping the monthly codes was that too many people were using them and now people just share spares. Granted that's probably not as much use as generated by this thread but still. I just think it seems like there should be better ways to do a system like this if this is how they want to continue with it.

Has anyone had a 5% or 10% coupon pop up on Sideshow's webpage lately? I have been trying to get one to pop up using the usual tricks and nada. I want to preorder a 1k+ item and am hoping to use one of the codes to offset California's 9% tax.

Has anyone had a 5% or 10% coupon pop up on Sideshow's webpage lately? I have been trying to get one to pop up using the usual tricks and nada. I want to preorder a 1k+ item and am hoping to use one of the codes to offset California's 9% tax.

I just got a 10% to pop up on the Adam West Batman PF. On the Huntress PF I just got a message to pop up saying to save my cart since items sell out fast.

Welcome back, dude. Thanks again to you and the others for keeping that list going. I was actually able to get some sleep that week.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

smileyhug.gif

Welcome back Pixel!

Sideshow is losing fandom. Between the prices and attitude towards the best customers I can't see my self purchasing anything anymore after my current pre-orders.

If you have used a 5% code before, will the 10% ever pop up? I have been trying for a while to get it with no success. All I keep getting is the 5%.

Back