Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: HUSHHYDE for $10

So it is that time of the year again... code hunting... people asking Susan and Chicky "gimme stuff" messages... "all hail Susan, all hail Chicky", while I do appreciate the codes and the new product placements and showoffs, I often get tired of the "please give me something because you' re so cool Susan and Chicky" posts.

Other than that, really looking forward to live my 4th Spooktacular with you guys. Ever since I found this forum my life has not been the same... both emotionally and economically :)

It's a contest in itself, especially if there is a "private" page.
On top of the beggers that only come out this time of the year, it's a daily competition to see who can say "good morning " first or be the first to post the daily coffee meme.

I follow all the Sideshow stuff year round, I'm just only so active on here until the holidays, since I tend to be broke for 10 months out of the year :D Nov/Dev happens to be birthday/xmas so I can sneak a buy or two in.

Trick is to not be annoying and beg, that just gets everyone to block you. :p

Rather than ask to be added, can I ask exactly what this email list is you guys are referring to? I'm not trying to mooch, I Just joined these boards in July after starting collecting these figures in March, so this is my first go around with this. Just trying to learn what goes on here. Although I understand if people don't want to talk about it openly. Just curious.

On top of the beggers that only come out this time of the year, it's a daily competition to see who can say "good morning " first or be the first to post the daily coffee meme.
I ended up leaving that Facebook group, that crap got old fast.

I'd be fine if Spook consisted of just reward codes and discounts, screw all that begging nonsense.

You don't want to embarrass yourself for $5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be fine if Spook consisted of just reward codes and discounts, screw all that begging nonsense.

And this is exactly why there won't be a group any more. It was pretty bad last year.

So it is that time of the year again... code hunting... people asking Susan and Chicky "gimme stuff" messages... "all hail Susan, all hail Chicky", while I do appreciate the codes and the new product placements and showoffs, I often get tired of the "please give me something because you' re so cool Susan and Chicky" posts.

Other than that, really looking forward to live my 4th Spooktacular with you guys. Ever since I found this forum my life has not been the same... both emotionally and economically :)
post more this year. Rarely get to interact with you.

yeah it got really gross. But those two definitely enjoy it and reinforce the hell out of it.

And this is exactly why there won't be a group any more. It was pretty bad last year.
you didn't do battle to those beggars long enough. Lol

Yeah that gets pretty silly. Honestly I don't even do the whole mass email thing either. I watch as best as I can for available codes but I'm not losing sleep over $5 here and there. I think some people go a bit overboard with Spook and begging for codes. I'd be fine with just some discounts on figures.

Me to Spook chat was the best. Especially since I was able to be real active back then too. It seems every year I get busier and busier. This year I have been pretty absent from the forums but I am still trying to be back for Spook.

I miss the chat.

So do I! From the old days anyway. The trouble was, it got so big with all the people coming in just for the contests, that it just wasn't fun anymore. It would be mostly Freaks talking away, then someone would mention contest and they you'd have a ton of people come in just during the contest. The chat moved so fast you couldn't keep up with anything. Bigger isn't always better anymore.

And forget Twitter, etc. I'm not getting into anymore social media other than Facebook, and I don't bother with contests there anymore.

It's really too bad we can't have a Spook or another holiday special time where the only ones invited as the ones who've bought the kit or something. But........some would say it wasn't fair, so....now it is what it is. :(

Yeah that gets pretty silly. Honestly I don't even do the whole mass email thing either. I watch as best as I can for available codes but I'm not losing sleep over $5 here and there. I think some people go a bit overboard with Spook and begging for codes. I'd be fine with just some discounts on figures.

I don't lose sleep either. I just can't. I work with little kids and you can't be drifting off during work hours or all hell can break loose. They're just too quick! :lol

So do I! From the old days anyway. The trouble was, it got so big with all the people coming in just for the contests, that it just wasn't fun anymore. It would be mostly Freaks talking away, then someone would mention contest and they you'd have a ton of people come in just during the contest. The chat moved so fast you couldn't keep up with anything. Bigger isn't always better anymore.

And forget Twitter, etc. I'm not getting into anymore social media other than Facebook, and I don't bother with contests there anymore.

It's really too bad we can't have a Spook or another holiday special time where the only ones invited as the ones who've bought the kit or something. But........some would say it wasn't fair, so....now it is what it is. :(
I am right there with you. My best Spook memories are tied to when there would be a handful of us freaks on at all hours of the day and you would have Chicky, Chris or Dusty on there with us. Alex too.

I use Twitter but just for sideshow. Too busy for 4 or 5 different social media outlets to monitor. I did win a 1/6 stormshadow a couple years ago at Xmas. That was awesome.

I am right there with you. My best Spook memories are tied to when there would be a handful of us freaks on at all hours of the day and you would have Chicky, Chris or Dusty on there with us. Alex too.
Yup! And don't forget Dennis! Those were the days... I miss old Spook. The Chat Room was awesome, and there was more stuff happening on the website (hidden Spooky Specials, Criswell, MOTW, freebies, and assorted chaos). I realize their customer base has grown exponentially, so it's not as easy to manage. Their website would probably crash! :lol But I still miss the old days, before Social Media. That's taken the fun out of it... Not to mention, it's IMPOSSIBLE to win a contest nowadays. But I'd be happy just to get some good deals on items I don't have yet...

I look forward to seeing what they have in-store for us this year...

I remember the scavenger hunts on their websites where you had to click around on a page and then get a pop up with a code or whatevs. Last year was just ridiculous and obnoxious. I love the RP codes and will do a few contests here and there, but that's it.

Back