Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the September code

I had a code on Rey & BB-8 that I got yesterday. Weird that you would not get one. Wonder if it was a mistake.

Just guessing but i would not think they would put one on every order. They are probably just randomly put on boxes.

Wonder how much of that they do any more? There were regular reviewers that Sideshow promoted that I haven't seen in months.
Guessing that it may just be another one of the "cut backs" along with other things Sideshow used to do?

:clap

I had a code on Rey & BB-8 that I got yesterday. Weird that you would not get one. Wonder if it was a mistake.

Didn't someone contact SSC about not getting one from a recent order and they gave them one? I thought I read something like that a page or two back.

Wonder how much of that they do any more? There were regular reviewers that Sideshow promoted that I haven't seen in months.
Guessing that it may just be another one of the "cut backs" along with other things Sideshow used to do?

Well I do know that certain companies let reviewers win regularly on Twitter in hopes of getting good press. Some from here.

Got my Rey and BB8 yesterday and got a code. My first code ever included in an order after 8 years of ordering from Sideshow!

I'm going to use it on Old Han.

Got my Rey and BB8 yesterday and got a code. My first code ever included in an order after 8 years of ordering from Sideshow!

I'm going to use it on Old Han.

Just curious, is the coupon like the old ones where you can use it on anything whose pre-order went up at least 3 months ago? Or is it on select items only?

dw, I haven't tried it yet, but I think others have said that it's like the old ones where you can oder pre-order items.

Well I do know that certain companies let reviewers win regularly on Twitter in hopes of getting good press. Some from here.

Can't use that as an excuse this year. Those Twitter contests have been almost non existent for 2016. Another one of the cutbacks I was referring to.
Between Chicky and Susan, those were almost a daily thing. This year I think I've seen 3 total. Their biggest promotion this year was the 30 day Instagram contest.
Now before I get the "hate mail" of how they don't have to do it or I'm crying because I just want something for free, I have benefitted from those Twitter promotions, so it's not sour grapes or I have a beef with Sideshow. I'm just pointing out that this is one of the things they used to do but for whatever reason have scaled it back.

Can't use that as an excuse this year. Those Twitter contests have been almost non existent for 2016. Another one of the cutbacks I was referring to.
Between Chicky and Susan, those were almost a daily thing. This year I think I've seen 3 total. Their biggest promotion this year was the 30 day Instagram contest.
Now before I get the "hate mail" of how they don't have to do it or I'm crying because I just want something for free, I have benefitted from those Twitter promotions, so it's not sour grapes or I have a beef with Sideshow. I'm just pointing out that this is one of the things they used to do but for whatever reason have scaled it back.

SSC has indeed scaled back. But other companies such as Marvel give the prize to someone who is openly a toy reviewer even though thousands have participated. Not a genuine random draw give 8000 people participant and there's a higher volume of toy reviewers/social media accounts that win. Just annoying.

The worst is when a toy reviewer wins something from a company and then comes over to defend said victory and debunk any claims of rigged comps. :lol

$50 International buyers discount: I just spoke with a rep at Sideshow and these can now be used for pre orders as well as in-stocks!

Going shoppin !!!

$50 International buyers discount: I just spoke with a rep at Sideshow and these can now be used for pre orders as well as in-stocks!

Going shoppin !!!

Thanks for the heads up!

That's welcome news because those $50 codes were generally a waste of time. I only ever used one once because it was limited to figures they were trying to shift.

I have one that expires mid-October. Until the AT-AT Driver shipped it was going to expire today and was considering ordering HT Leia. Now I'll wait and see if anything better goes up.

Thanks for the heads up!

That's welcome news because those $50 codes were generally a waste of time. I only ever used one once because it was limited to figures they were trying to shift.

I have one that expires mid-October. Until the AT-AT Driver shipped it was going to expire today and was considering ordering HT Leia. Now I'll wait and see if anything better goes up.

I just got a Shocktrooper with $50 off - works on him!

I just got a Shocktrooper with $50 off - works on him!

I did a couple of test orders.

Worked on 4-Lom but not on Lobo. So there might be some time-eligibility rule like the old monthly codes.

So there probably won't be anything else to use it on before mine expires.

I did a couple of test orders.

Worked on 4-Lom but not on Lobo. So there might be some time-eligibility rule like the old monthly codes.

So there probably won't be anything else to use it on before mine expires.

IS there a code?

Got Rey and BB8 this week, and War Machine last week. No code. Like others have said, I think I'm done with Sideshow other than exclusives and the rare good deal. Their shipping is just too expensive without the code.

IS there a code?

It's an account specific $25 every time they send out an order. Each one lasts a month but only accumulate to a maximum of $50.

Every new code extends the expiry date by one month, even though it doesn't increase the total beyond $50.

Just got a second code on my Rey/BB8, so my question is can you use two codes in one month or just one a month like the previous codes?

One way to find out. But I'm thinking you can use both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back