Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Shipping prices are absurd half the time. A while back I shipped a figure part in a small padded envelope. This envelope was probably 5x7 inches, weighed an ounce or two, and with tracking it was almost $13. Sent through regular mail with no tracking it was $1.98

Even some smaller companies offer free shipping once a certain amount is met (usually $150) and even BBTS now offers a very economic shipping option as well (this all applies for US customers) and the pile of loot makes it all more convenient.

Why SSC charges $20+ to ship a HT doll nowadays and an extra $10 for a pack out is beyond me.

One of the many reasons I choose not to give them any of my money. And no, RP are hardly an incentive. Not with today's prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're talking about MidTown Comics.

Midtown charges a flat percent on the price of the product. just divide the shipping by the site price and that is the default upcharge. They are absolutely making money on shipping. May take a hit here or there are something very heavy but they are in aggregate getting profit on that percentage method.

It is a flat 12% on all shipped product I think.

We're talking about MidTown Comics.

Oh boy.... Then I say to myself :slap

But I hope I answered some questions about what ECI shipping was.

I say congrats to anyone who got the 40% deal at PC. I imagine they would have made a comment at this point if they aren't honoring. I personally got two preorders that are sold out in the U.S., so I didn't get 20% off, but they were still cheaper after shipping.

Shipping prices are absurd half the time. A while back I shipped a figure part in a small padded envelope. This envelope was probably 5x7 inches, weighed an ounce or two, and with tracking it was almost $13. Sent through regular mail with no tracking it was $1.98

First class shipping via USPS is trackable and allows up to 13 ounces, whether it be a package or envelope. I just shipped a two-pound box with a Hot Toys figure for $5.05 via Priority Mail (only so cheap because it was shipped in-state), but first class the price is the same no matter where in the country.

Oh boy.... Then I say to myself :slap
:lol I agree PopCultcha has good prices. I bought a Stormtrooper and I think it was shipped for $14 - $20. That's insanely good, considering I pay $20 for many figures from Sideshow.

Midtown charges a flat percent on the price of the product. just divide the shipping by the site price and that is the default upcharge. They are absolutely making money on shipping. May take a hit here or there are something very heavy but they are in aggregate getting profit on that percentage method.

It is a flat 12% on all shipped product I think.

12% is pretty high. Where I last worked, if we were charged more than 10% by a manufacturer, we complained.

I say congrats to anyone who got the 40% deal at PC. I imagine they would have made a comment at this point if they aren't honoring. I personally got two preorders that are sold out in the U.S., so I didn't get 20% off, but they were still cheaper after shipping.

My order is still processing, so I'm hoping it goes through. I'll definately be ordering from them again as they have a preorder for a big-ticket item for almost $200 less than Sideshow. Even with shipping, I'll be saving $100-$200.

Anyone still have the link to the costume contest? I think it was active till noon pacific today right?

12% is pretty high. Where I last worked, if we were charged more than 10% by a manufacturer, we complained.

My order is still processing, so I'm hoping it goes through. I'll definately be ordering from them again as they have a preorder for a big-ticket item for almost $200 less than Sideshow. Even with shipping, I'll be saving $100-$200.

Man it is 12% just loaded up a cap shield from king arts and a hot toy. Both were flat 12% calculated at checkout.

I spent $800 on items that I was only considering, but pricing was too good to pass up for me. If only they had the stormtroopers set. They're pricing on some were even cheaper than my regular vendor and he's usually 10-15% less than Sideshow MSRP... And that includes shipping to CA.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/spooktacular

Welp, The sites been updated. Its officially over for Spook 2015. Only 333 days to wait until next Halloween event!!

this_partys_over_star_wars.gif

My order is still processing, so I'm hoping it goes through.

Yes, mine too. Having that amount pending on my paypal page is making me nervous though. :)

Yes, mine too. Having that amount pending on my paypal page is making me nervous though. :)
Same, but I made another purchase after they fixed their site for Falcon and it's still pending.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

First class shipping via USPS is trackable and allows up to 13 ounces, whether it be a package or envelope. I just shipped a two-pound box with a Hot Toys figure for $5.05 via Priority Mail (only so cheap because it was shipped in-state), but first class the price is the same no matter where in the country.

:lol I agree PopCultcha has good prices. I bought a Stormtrooper and I think it was shipped for $14 - $20. That's insanely good, considering I pay $20 for many figures from Sideshow.

I've shipped out like 20 Hot Toys Iron Men over the last few weeks and they've all been between $18-30 shipped with insurance. Even in-state they're costing me nearly $20 and I'm using USPS standard shipping.

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Man ssc blows, l usually buy from BbTs because they are usually cheaper and I pay no tax and they have cheaper shipping, nuff said? Also they have great customer service just like ssc. A few times they exchanged figures for me, free if charge and shipping. But ssc had these amazing events on Halloween so why not? But this year i only got 15 bucks, they made it way less and way harder to get em. Plus the deals all were pretty much crappy ones like figures no one wants and a few deals were from last years too. What do we have to do to get em codes? Skip work? Real dumb imo. Those 25 min codes are ridicuous. U literally have to be unemployed with no kids and check your phone every now and then. Im done with ssc, I caught a few deals on popcultcha and will stick with Bbts in the future.

I've shipped out like 20 Hot Toys Iron Men over the last few weeks and they've all been between $18-30 shipped with insurance. Even in-state they're costing me nearly $20 and I'm using USPS standard shipping.

I almost always ship though PayPal as you get good discounts and it means you don't have to wait in line at the post office--they offer parcel select and Priority as the two main options. Something I just shipped to GA would have been $14.25 at the counter via priority and was $9.28 instead through PayPal--13 x 13 x 7 box at 4 pounds.

The size of the box does start to become an issue, but I can't remember what dimensions it is exactly where there tends to be a noticeable jump with Priority. On eBay I've started putting in shipping prices with the calculated shipping as something that can be $7 to NY might be $30 to California and I've gotten burned a couple times thinking I'd be fine putting a flat $15 for shipping.

Still nothing? I am interested to see if everyone gets the deal. Hope you all do.

With USPS priority the box size is only an issue if Length+Girth is over 108 inches - online shipping tools don't need the dimensions at all if the figure is under 108. Girth is the measure around the package's smallest dimensions, aka 2x Width + 2x Height (either of those you may call Depth if you prefer :) )

With USPS priority the box size is only an issue if Length+Girth is over 108 inches - online shipping tools don't need the dimensions at all if the figure is under 108. Girth is the measure around the package's smallest dimensions, aka 2x Width + 2x Height (either of those you may call Depth if you prefer :) )

I get price jumps based on dimensions with Priority when a package is over 12 x 12 x 12 (it's $14.33 for anything up to that size on a 5 lb. package I tested from Connecticut to Louisiana). I think that's only 60 inches length + girth, but then after that the price starts jumping incrementally depending on the size.
13 x 12 x 12 was $22
13 x 13 x 13 was $26.
14 x 14 x 14 was $30
etc.

On the USPS price calculator, any dimension over 12" switches a Priority "package" to a "large package" but in reality some dimensions like 16 x 5 x 5 still would get me that $14.33 rate when I was checking through PayPal shipping.

Back