Crimson Cobra Commander Attendee Edition Today 10AM PT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few variants aren't a bad thing. Not to mention its always done for SDCC by the companies out there. If not a variant then its something folks can skip easily enough.

Doing Zartan a character most folks would "really" want is always a bad idea. Thats why they didn't do Kit Fisto as an Ex.

Heh, thats what they said about the dead line at first. It's just one little variant...

As for SW, they did Aayla Secura as a SDCC EX. You really don't see many now-a-days complaing about that decision. It really comes down to the ES of the EX.

The Dead line got a little crazy but its a line that could lead to that seeing as how its not licensed and all that. I don't think they could do the same thing with GI Joe.

I would say she falls under the item folks can live without. I know that my collection is no more less complete not having her.

The Dead line got a little crazy but its a line that could lead to that seeing as how its not licensed and all that. I don't think they could do the same thing with GI Joe.

I would say she falls under the item folks can live without. I know that my collection is no more less complete not having her.

I hope you're right. I dont want to see a black variant CC (or any other color) for Spooktacular. Though I wouldnt put it past SS.

Iron Man is based on the fact that the Silly Store owner likes the color gray. Nothing to do with Hasbro.

Don't bother BM knows this we've had this argument even before it was an SDCC Exclusive. He is kicking ^^^^ around because he can.

I don't see SS being stupid enough to unleash a slew of variants like it did the Dead line. It was what caused me to drop that line. Well that and the green tactical trooper.

The TO's I'm not sure but the Red went up, the Blue was already an SDCC Exclusive at the same time the Blonde when up and the Spooktacular version came up the October following.

How far apart (release time) were the 4 babysitters and the 3 Tactical Operators? I cant remember.

Red/green at Toyfair
Blonde/red announce as SDCC exclusive
Black/blue annouced as real SDCC exclusive, Blonde Red now International exclusive
Blonde/red released as international exclusive
blue/black&white at Spooktacular

so under 9 months for the 4 babysitters

805 was announced, released, then surprise grey version was released a few weeks after the regular was shipped. Then the black version at Spook with the 4th babysitter.

So if we are going to see Rainbow Commanders I'd expect another one at Spook.

Red/green at Toyfair
Blonde/red announce as SDCC exclusive
Black/blue annouced as real SDCC exclusive, Blonde Red now International exclusive
Blonde/red released as international exclusive
blue/black&white at Spooktacular

so under 9 months for the 4 babysitters

805 was announced, released, then surprise grey version was released a few weeks after the regular was shipped. Then the black version at Spook with the 4th babysitter.

I was thinking the same thing.

imo if they went all dead babysitter on the cobra trooper that would be 100% acceptable and actually cool. Doing that with a main character in which most people only need/want 1 is not.

Nope Cobra Commander doesn't tie in. If we get another version the most logical would be a Black variant. That would go with Black and White Friday than anything else. IF we get another variant it'd be there.

I wouldn't mind some Cobra Trooper varaiations! We already got the comic one, kinda coming out. But as far as show exclusives go I wouldn't mind seeing some sensible designs like...

Cobra Officer
Stinger Driver
Glider Pilot (perhaps with a glider :monkey3)

I wouldn't mind some Cobra Trooper varaiations! We already got the comic one, kinda coming out. But as far as show exclusives go I wouldn't mind seeing some sensible designs like...

Cobra Officer
Stinger Driver
Glider Pilot (perhaps with a glider :monkey3)

The Stinger driver was my favorite Trooper variation as a kid. I don't know if he'd make too much sense without the Jeep but I'd buy him in a heartbeat!

3326582347_8c182ef5cf.jpg
stinger.jpg

Back