Creating a Collection ( UK )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to stay away from 1:2 bust all together. I just have to ignore 1:1 simply due to space and nevermind the money, ha.

Then the details of 1/4 made me want to see the face/character/expression details that much more.

I picked up a few 1:1 Predator masks and were happy with them.
Then I won an Alien Warrior bust. So now I "need" a Big Chap to go with him.
Then I scooped up a Legendary Balrog Bust, since I can probably never get my hands on that HUGE one. :monkey2
Now I am looking at a Venom and Carnage set to go with the other V/C statues. :panic:
I have not even begun to "start" the Star Wars phase yet. :thud:

That's the addictive part of this hobby :exactly: so many different directions to take due to interests and personal favourites so it's very easy to want everything at one point or another :lol sounds like you got a fine collection so far my friend :clap

Hey Chapter, thanks for the advice.
Filipino, same to you. I've started weeding out all but the ones I adore, I think the avengers and x men are where my heart lies but that might just be because at some point most everybody has fallen under those two headings.

I agree with sticking to my guns. Easier said than done.
I bought the Randy bowen Fantastic 4 set a while back , they have a lot of love.

I like koto too! they seem to do more villains than the ore studios or at least it seems that way to me, I have a massive soft spot for the villians

I was going to stay away from 1:2 bust all together. I just have to ignore 1:1 simply due to space and nevermind the money, ha.

Then the details of 1/4 made me want to see the face/character/expression details that much more.

I picked up a few 1:1 Predator masks and were happy with them.
Then I won an Alien Warrior bust. So now I "need" a Big Chap to go with him.
Then I scooped up a Legendary Balrog Bust, since I can probably never get my hands on that HUGE one. :monkey2
Now I am looking at a Venom and Carnage set to go with the other V/C statues. :panic:
I have not even begun to "start" the Star Wars phase yet. :thud:

I don't know how I missed this post, but those are famous last words, PermaG. Those LSBs will take you by storm. VERY tempting. Do not look them directly into the eyes. :lol

Take your time buddy, SS will continue to push out new statues...

24p07pt.gif

Collect what you like > that you have $$$ for > that you have space for.

absolutely agree with!! myself I'm a 1/4 scale or bigger person, and i wouldn't get a character in a smaller size (as i believed u mentioned) just because it isn't in a bigger size..unless its a super rare random character, odds are eventually itl be made in something bigger (1/4 scale I'm referring to)…and also just because your a fan of the character doesn't mean you gotta get the statue just cuz its that guy…perfect example is I'm a HUGEEE batman fan..and i for whatever reason don't like the batman pf…i remember when i first saw it i was like yep not for me..I would just make sure u don't try and convince yourself to get something just because its your guy…another example is i love joker but initially i really didn't like the look of the joker pf..to me the head was just a bit off for me..eventually i talked myself into buying it on ebay, and sure enough 3 months after i have it and I've overpaid for it, i really am not as fond of it as i should be and am trying to sell it..

Take your time buddy, SS will continue to push out new statues...

I like that! There will always be another.

absolutely agree with!! myself I'm a 1/4 scale or bigger person, and i wouldn't get a character in a smaller size (as i believed u mentioned) just because it isn't in a bigger size..unless its a super rare random character, odds are eventually itl be made in something bigger (1/4 scale I'm referring to)…and also just because your a fan of the character doesn't mean you gotta get the statue just cuz its that guy…perfect example is I'm a HUGEEE batman fan..and i for whatever reason don't like the batman pf…i remember when i first saw it i was like yep not for me..I would just make sure u don't try and convince yourself to get something just because its your guy…another example is i love joker but initially i really didn't like the look of the joker pf..to me the head was just a bit off for me..eventually i talked myself into buying it on ebay, and sure enough 3 months after i have it and I've overpaid for it, i really am not as fond of it as i should be and am trying to sell it..

Oh, I did that ALL the time. :lol If Sideshow made something Spider-Man or Buffy related, I wanted it. That was a hard idea to break. So much quality stuff. But again, it's a thin line. You got to keep balance in your collecting habits. Lose that and you're in trouble. You'll see many of people come and go. :(

Hey all,

I've been a massive fan of sideshow ( before I knew they were sideshow ) statues since I was a young lad and this last year I have found myself with a job that actually allowed me to buy some bust and statues to start a collection. The problem I quickly faced was a disjointed collection. I have mini busts , 1/6 , 1/4. Premium Format busts and full statues and it looks a mess.

My gf is a very , erm , sensible spender and hates me buying the statues so now I'm looking at 1 everything two months perhaps.

What would you guys suggest? I much prefer the size and detail of the premium format but most of my favourite characters don't have them. Or at least not that I can get over here in the UK .

I hope that made some sense, wrote it in a rush so my apologies if it's gibberish.

Personally my opinion is if your girlfriend loves you then she will accept that this is something you enjoy doing. At the same time understand her concerns with the hobby (The money aspect I'm guessing) and reason with her like you said by buying 1 every 2 months.

With regards to your other questions for me its PF all the way! So much detail and a great size. Really gives the wow factor. Also perhaps your girlfriend fears this is a kiddish hobby? I can kinda get that with the 1:6 but the PF are statues and look more adult. I can understand you not liking 1:6 and PF and busts together. I would certainly cut the 1:6 out. However with regards to busts if it matches your collection then they can look great. Check out DarthChrisDK's collection which is a great example of how well busts and PF work together.

I'm also from the UK and 1 of my PF I had to get from the USA it was from a trade on this site and the guy was great but obviously the VAT and import taxes do make it rather expensive. However if you get a good deal sometimes its worth it. I would rather spend say £500 on 1 PF that I really want and will keep forever than settle for getting 2 for the same price that I don't want as much. Don't buy anything for say 3-4 months then fork out a lot for that 1 PF you have always wanted.

The way I see it though best thing to do is be patient. A deal will come eventually. I've only been collecting for a bout a year now So 2 of my statues were from trades on here as obviously they had sold out everywhere. Just be patient with it and keep an eye out on the trade board here and on ebay.

Personally my opinion is if your girlfriend loves you then she will accept that this is something you enjoy doing. At the same time understand her concerns with the hobby (The money aspect I'm guessing) and reason with her like you said by buying 1 every 2 months.

With regards to your other questions for me its PF all the way! So much detail and a great size. Really gives the wow factor. Also perhaps your girlfriend fears this is a kiddish hobby? I can kinda get that with the 1:6 but the PF are statues and look more adult. I can understand you not liking 1:6 and PF and busts together. I would certainly cut the 1:6 out. However with regards to busts if it matches your collection then they can look great. Check out DarthChrisDK's collection which is a great example of how well busts and PF work together.

I'm also from the UK and 1 of my PF I had to get from the USA it was from a trade on this site and the guy was great but obviously the VAT and import taxes do make it rather expensive. However if you get a good deal sometimes its worth it. I would rather spend say £500 on 1 PF that I really want and will keep forever than settle for getting 2 for the same price that I don't want as much. Don't buy anything for say 3-4 months then fork out a lot for that 1 PF you have always wanted.

The way I see it though best thing to do is be patient. A deal will come eventually. I've only been collecting for a bout a year now So 2 of my statues were from trades on here as obviously they had sold out everywhere. Just be patient with it and keep an eye out on the trade board here and on ebay.

Hey, thanks for such a thought out response. I agree fully with what you are saying and I sincerely hope I can control myself enough. I've decided that PFs are definitely the way forward for my main collection but I also want a villains rogue gallery as well. Kinda hoping there are more than just two in the koto villains series.

Always had a soft spot for the bad guy.

If you need a carnage comiquette I've got one for sale :)

Maverick, were you one of the collectors with the International Spider-Man 1:1 bust? For some reason, I remember your name and that piece. :lol I could be wrong. Random thought.

Maverick, were you one of the collectors with the International Spider-Man 1:1 bust? For some reason, I remember your name and that piece. :lol I could be wrong. Random thought.

Yes mate I am although he is going to a new home in January.

Yes mate I am although he is going to a new home in January.

To who???? Did you offer it here??? :gah: :lol

I've been on the search for that one for such a long, long time.

I remember years back when jbinny and I were going on and on about that one. Don't know what compelled us to go after it, so many years after the release of it, but man, we were driven.

To who???? Did you offer it here??? :gah: :lol

I've been on the search for that one for such a long, long time.

I remember years back when jbinny and I were going on and on about that one. Don't know what compelled us to go after it, so many years after the release of it, but man, we were driven.

I've traded it for a Darth Vader 1:1 bust mate , I didn't offer it on here sorry, I'm getting out of cartoon/comic and concentrating on Star Wars and movie statues.

I've traded it for a Darth Vader 1:1 bust mate , I didn't offer it on here sorry, I'm getting out of cartoon/comic and concentrating on Star Wars and movie statues.

Well, that pains me to hear, BUT it sounds like it's going to a good home. Best of luck to the new collection. :rock

Back