Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention & Health Tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly recommend that everyone getting moderna/pfizer take an ibuprofen before going to bed after getting the 2nd shot, just wait till the 11-12 hour mark. Also try to schedule your appointment before lunch so that 12 hour mark hits right before bed time so you can take the pill at the exact right time. I wouldnt take it too early or way before symptom onset as it could impact immune response.

I think they say it's about 8-12 hours after the shot. I started getting achey and tired around the 9 hour mark.

I think they say it's about 8-12 hours after the shot. I started getting achey and tired around the 9 hour mark.

The jj vaccine is not rna based like the other two so onset of side effect is slightly different. From what ive read and heard it goes like this in terms of severity of side effects moderna>Pfizer>JJ. Moderna uses like 5 times the volume of vaccine then Pfizer but the latter achieves slightly higher results (1% higher efficacy) it also takes only a week after your 2nd pfizer shot to have full immunity, but 14 days for moderna. I am not sure how long it takes for the jj one

I'm still on the vaccination queue ((Something tells me it won't be so soon ...

The jj vaccine is not rna based like the other two so onset of side effect is slightly different. From what ive read and heard it goes like this in terms of severity of side effects moderna>Pfizer>JJ. Moderna uses like 5 times the volume of vaccine then Pfizer but the latter achieves slightly higher results (1% higher efficacy) it also takes only a week after your 2nd pfizer shot to have full immunity, but 14 days for moderna. I am not sure how long it takes for the jj one

Oh gotcha, that makes sense. I see the J&J one just got suspended because 6 out 6.8 million people had a blood clot.

Back