coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the breaks behind the front shoulder arms in the tendons. Why would you need breaks there if it wasn’t modular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's going to look like crap close-up with all those separation points. What happens if you bump into it. Will it collapse like dominoes! Probably explains how the tail tip broke. They needed to orientate the tail tip the right way anyway.

Now that I’ve looked at it more closely, those front arms aren’t supporting anything.

The hind legs are doing it all and both those feet would need steel rods going into the base.

This going to be an interesting piece.

That's going to look like crap close-up with all those separation points. What happens if you bump into it. Will it collapse like dominoes! Probably explains how the tail tip broke. They needed to orientate the tail tip the right way anyway.

Yeah, it’s an interesting move on their part.

They do it with there Transformers line.

Has there been issues with tumbles on those TF pieces?

f846c19e3c76e054d308f9812763da53.jpg

Blown up right rear shoulder

Gr8 eye man..The tail tip blade is upside down. They are bound to change it, hence the delay i suppose.

From the various BTS shots I've seen of the suit, animatronic, puppet, etc. the tail tip looks to be very inconsistent. In some it appears to point up, in others it's down.

From the various BTS shots I've seen of the suit, animatronic, puppet, etc. the tail tip looks to be very inconsistent. In some it appears to point up, in others it's down.

It’s able to twist. All the aliens did it in the films.

Which is why we’re getting a bendy tail from P1. Lol.

I posted the break lines issue on Fb
P1 group.

Prime1 responded :

“Just to be clear with everyone this is one our first prototype sample display at our event. This statue went many multiple event around the country may have some breakage and fitting problem. Production sample should be better build like what we did for Venom.”

They didn’t answer me if the production piece was still going to be completely modular

On the original ADI 1/3 scale maquettes the tail tip was facing down towards the underside of the tail. The SS A3 maquete also has it's tail in that same position. The Boss filming puppet usually had it facing up towards the top side of the tail. Most replicas ended up copying the puppet. The fullsize props would have it both ways depending on the seen.

The new ADI maquette has it like the puppet. Not sure why.

On the original ADI 1/3 scale maquettes the tail tip was facing down towards the underside of the tail. The SS A3 maquete also has it's tail in that same position. The Boss filming puppet usually had it facing up towards the top side of the tail. Most replicas ended up copying the puppet. The fullsize props would have it both ways depending on the seen.

The new ADI maquette has it like the puppet. Not sure why.

Preferences change. I'm guessing that given both ways are technically accurate, they likely just played around and went with the option that they felt looked better in their personal opinions today.

Preferences change. I'm guessing that given both ways are technically accurate, they likely just played around and went with the option that they felt looked better in their personal opinions today.

It would be an interesting option if P1 made it possible to orientate it either way.

Back