coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow bastards got you Canadians also. That sucks considering you live across the road lol. “Recycled supermarket bags" hahaha that was mint lol

It’s taken me a few weeks a few beers also to say to hell with it I need this statue regardless of the stamp shipping and import duties. When I get that quote to Australia I will need a stiff whiskey neat.

Yeah - shipping for you will be a bit pricey. It's crazy too - it would be much more sensible to ship to Australia direct from China instead of all the way to California and then back to you.

It won't matter though - if you really love the thing, it'll be worth it to you regardless of price.

Damn! Feel for you dude :/

Appreciate the sympathy - it's all good though - it helped me resist a few pieces that I MAY have caved on :)

Whats Prime 1's record on this type of statue when it comes to painting? Is there any worry that it wont live up? Its a hard paint scheme to do. Not sure I've seen a dog alien painted worth a crap when it comes to production piece.

Did you mention it to the Prime 1 staff present at the shows you saw it at?

Nope because I thought it was sample and not final. Also they got problem with tail during their shows. It was broken at some point and replaced as well.
But this is something I will follow and point out for sure if it tends to repeat each time they present it.

Nope because I thought it was sample and not final. Also they got problem with tail during their shows. It was broken at some point and replaced as well.
But this is something I will follow and point out for sure if it tends to repeat each time they present it.

Cool, please do. You might have more influence talking to various staff in person than somebody like me, who can only really ask their customer service rep that replies to their facebook messages etc. Do keep us informed, I really don't like seam lines.... Nothing but excitement for this otherwise.

As someone who is not familiar with Prime1, why is everyone so gung ho for them? Have they ever done anything of this style before? It seems everyone craps on a lot of Coolprops paint jobs and I wonder if these are going to be made by the same factories. Prime doesn't advertise this on their website but Coolprops does as does Sideshow which it lists under Coolprops items not Primes. Does this mean CP are actually the ones making these? I worry about how well the paint will be on these compared to the proto.

Coolprops have demonstrated a very hit and miss production capability. Prime 1 use their own factories and have demonstrated their capabilities on many occasions. No mass produced, pre paint statue will be perfect, and this maquette will certainly test Prime 1's capabilities for sure. But I'm much happier in the knowledge that it is them producing these (confirmed) and not Coolprops.... I wouldn't have ordered it if it were CP making them.

ADI is going to release their own dog alien maquette, with a reasonable price for them(not for us).

It's the classification code Canada Customs have told Sideshow (and a couple of other companies) to use for collectible statues.

Sideshow have been using the codes inconsistently . . . some result in zero extra duty, the nasty one adds 6.5%

Of course, per the UK (with VAT), we also pay REGULAR tax (12% for us in BC) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_Canada

Take the increased prices of the items themselves, add the increased shipping costs, add the original taxes, add the "new" duty, THEN convert via the increasingly crappy $USD:$CDN exchange rate and the net result was ZERO statue purchases for me in 2017 (I returned the 1:2 scale Wolf Predator LSB when it turned out to be made of recycled supermarket bags).

In fact, the last "collectible statue" I bought was back in October 2016 - the CoolProps 1:1 Predator 2 bust (THAT was worth every penny!)

This shouldn't matter if a private u.s. seller ships to a canadian buyer?

Back