coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This shouldn't matter if a private u.s. seller ships to a canadian buyer?

Yeah - there are all sorts of ways round the import tax issue if THAT is done.

If you are in Alberta though - your import taxes are lower than ours (5% instead of 12%)

If your idea is to get the item shipped to a buddy in the States and get forwarded from there:
  • You'll "lose" the cost of the USA:USA shipping (which could be more than your saving!)
  • The shipment to YOU can then declare any (reasonable) value you want - reducing taxes.
  • You can also not specify the classification code, so should avoid the new import duty.

On private sales of smaller items - just put a $45 USD value and mark as a gift - result is no taxes & no duty :wink1:

The only risk there is insurance claims, but then USPS hardly EVER pay out on International claims anyways.

Nope, not even on the order page... Just sketches. You'd have to have more money than sense to spend that kind of money based on a very rough sketch!
Oh its prices many times out of my range for anything. I'm just curious. Lol.

Only thing I'd entertain buying from is the alien 3 logo queen buster. That's 150$.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

ADI is going to release their own dog alien maquette, with a reasonable price for them(not for us).

These have been in the works for over a year.

If it was reasonable priced you would be getting something very similar to the SS version.That version,was after all,made at a pre-determined price point.

If you want a true FX A3 maquette as given to Fox executives,directors,producers,screen writers and actors that worked on the film.Then this is it!

The others being released are all replica company iterations.

These are the real deal!

Yeah - there are all sorts of ways round the import tax issue if THAT is done.

If you are in Alberta though - your import taxes are lower than ours (5% instead of 12%)

If your idea is to get the item shipped to a buddy in the States and get forwarded from there:
  • You'll "lose" the cost of the USA:USA shipping (which could be more than your saving!)
  • The shipment to YOU can then declare any (reasonable) value you want - reducing taxes.
  • You can also not specify the classification code, so should avoid the new import duty.

On private sales of smaller items - just put a $45 USD value and mark as a gift - result is no taxes & no duty :wink1:

The only risk there is insurance claims, but then USPS hardly EVER pay out on International claims anyways.

Oh, yea, customs guy is really going to believe value is $45. Be ready to pay full taxes and possible penalty when they bust you.

Oh, yea, customs guy is really going to believe value is $45. Be ready to pay full taxes and possible penalty when they bust you.

It all depends as I’ve bought plenty of statues from Singapore some costing over 2k and they just declare it as $500 piece avoiding the $700 Threshold. Tax is just ridiculous and the threshold sucks as this is applied no matter what the item may be. It why almost everyone I know buy from resellers in Asia. Yeah it’s risky but if you know the right people then it doesn’t have to be. Just my thought on this. I stopped buying from Sideshow because of this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s cast from original moulds doesn’t actually mean it’s 1/2 or 1/1 scale right. As I’m sure that would be huge! Didn’t the Alien constantly grow throughout Alien 3 lol so which size is it.

It all depends as I’ve bought plenty of statues from Singapore some costing over 2k and they just declare it as $500 piece avoiding the $700 Threshold. Tax is just ridiculous and the threshold sucks as this is applied no matter what the item may be. It why almost everyone I know buy from resellers in Asia. Yeah it’s risky but if you know the right people then it doesn’t have to be. Just my thought on this. I stopped buying from Sideshow because of this reason

Easier to get away with declaring $500 on a $2K item than $45 on a $1700 item. Nothing that big is going to be $45, plus who would pay $4-500 to ship a $45 item? Major red flag. Some countries are worse than others. UK is really bad for that.

Easier to get away with declaring $500 on a $2K item than $45 on a $1700 item. Nothing that big is going to be $45, plus who would pay $4-500 to ship a $45 item? Major red flag. Some countries are worse than others. UK is really bad for that.

Have only bought three statues loacally between £100 - £200 since I came to the UK. Did all the pre-orders overseas and never plan to ship them here...

I've been collecting for 15 years, and the $45 valuation on private sales of smaller items has never been questioned.

Like I said - you have to use a reasonable value on Sideshow-like stuff - but you've obviously mastered that too :wink1:

Never heard of that $700 threshold - is that for imports to the States?

I've been collecting for 15 years, and the $45 valuation on private sales of smaller items has never been questioned.

Like I said - you have to use a reasonable value on Sideshow-like stuff - but you've obviously mastered that too :wink1:

Never heard of that $700 threshold - is that for imports to the States?

Australia and it’s stupid. It use to be $1000 not sure if this has changed for the US. But to import from Singapore it’s $700 to Australia

Australia and it’s stupid. It use to be $1000 not sure if this has changed for the US. But to import from Singapore it’s $700 to Australia

Sorry mate - don't know why I put the States - I KNOW you're in Oz :slap

That sucks man - but then for imports to Canada, it's anything over $60 CDN (hence the $45 USD values :) )

What taxes do you guys pay on imports?

If it’s cast from original moulds doesn’t actually mean it’s 1/2 or 1/1 scale right. As I’m sure that would be huge! Didn’t the Alien constantly grow throughout Alien 3 lol so which size is it.

It's 1/3 scale. It's cast from ADI's original molds that were used to create the rod puppet.

Anyone who might be interested in the gk asylum dog alien maquette,PM me

When did the threshold change to 700 bucks?

I believe the threshold is still $1000 AUD.

However from the 1st of July 2018 (was deferred originally from 1st July 2017) the rules are supposedly changing. The threshold is being reduced to zero!

Essentially everything is supposed to be applicable from that point onwards. But I have no idea how it's going to work as supposedly the international seller is supposed to register somehow and then collect and remit the GST etc to the ATO.

But I've got a feeling it's not really going to work.

Back