coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the threshold is still $1000 AUD.

However from the 1st of July 2018 (was deferred originally from 1st July 2017) the rules are supposedly changing. The threshold is being reduced to zero!

Essentially everything is supposed to be applicable from that point onwards. But I have no idea how it's going to work as supposedly the international seller is supposed to register somehow and then collect and remit the GST etc to the ATO.

But I've got a feeling it's not really going to work.

They reducing it to $0 that’s very interesting. If it’s still $1000 then at least that’s fine until then. I really can’t see this new scale working at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate - don't know why I put the States - I KNOW you're in Oz :slap

That sucks man - but then for imports to Canada, it's anything over $60 CDN (hence the $45 USD values :) )

What taxes do you guys pay on imports?

I think it depends on the cost of the item. When I bought the Wolf Predator it cost me back then $189 USD once it reached Australia I had to pay a further $350 AU to release it. I’m sure now those prices have doubled

Coolprops have demonstrated a very hit and miss production capability. Prime 1 use their own factories and have demonstrated their capabilities on many occasions. No mass produced, pre paint statue will be perfect, and this maquette will certainly test Prime 1's capabilities for sure. But I'm much happier in the knowledge that it is them producing these (confirmed) and not Coolprops.... I wouldn't have ordered it if it were CP making them.

I’m right there with you. If CoolProps was producing this independently then I would not have ordered either.

I think it depends on the cost of the item. When I bought the Wolf Predator it cost me back then $189 USD once it reached Australia I had to pay a further $350 AU to release it. I’m sure now those prices have doubled

You're talking the 1:3 / 1:4 "morris dancing" maquette thingy yeah? Still a lot though. So it's not a percentage?

I like the Morris Dog Maquette. Looks cool!

7E21703F-0084-4F3A-89C6-7FCE82DBE363.jpg

Yikes!!! I have to see different pix I just can’t get with this. I mean not from that pic at least.

That’s the Maquette not the 1/3 in this discussion

Ok yes I ordered the Deluxe the day it was available. I almost paid it off, it’s in my Sig.

I was only referring to the dancing dog lol I’m sorry for the confusion.

I will admit I’d love to get some of the heads but I see people complaining so I’m not sure which are junk or not.

The regular run has been set at 1000. So 1800 in total which seems high for this. I don't care however for once, this is a thing of beauty. Roll on November....

The regular run has been set at 1000. So 1800 in total which seems high for this. I don't care however for once, this is a thing of beauty. Roll on November....

Seems a bit high given the price, but not many well done Alien pieces ever made. To me that means there should be some decent deals for those that wait.

Definitely a way too big es for such a high end item,but good for those who wait because you’ll likely find good deals out there in time.Prime 1 generally makes too much of there stuff

Seems a bit high given the price, but not many well done Alien pieces ever made. To me that means there should be some decent deals for those that wait.
Definitely a way too big es for such a high end item,but good for those who wait because you’ll likely find good deals out there in time.Prime 1 generally makes too much of there stuff

Yeah maybe. I locked my order in mainly to give myself time to pay off the high price it commands. It is worth noting that Prime 1 are not afraid to cut ES numbers. There was a list of items posted today in fact that have had their numbers reduced. Including an AO Joker that went from 800, to a far more collectible 350. I'm not saying this will follow suit of course. But it is a surprisingly high ES for such a large and expensive item. So I wouldn't be completely surprised if it doesn't sell its full 1800 run.

I'm actually glad I resisted - NOT due to the edition size - just moved past the piece to be honest.

I think the main thing that killed it for me was the ACTUAL size. Would have got it at 1:4.

Would STILL buy a bust if they decide to release those as stand-alone.

While I fully agree that I'd much rather this were 1/4, I'm the opposite. I'm still as much in awe of this as the first day I saw it. I genuinely can't think of a more beautiful statue from any company yet. Although fingers crossed that their Big chap, and a few of their Predators which may appeal to you more can top it...

Definitely too high of an ES, which was why I waited so long to order.

The regular edition is going to be around for a long long time. Lol.

Should be a great EX in the long haul though.

Definitely too high of an ES, which was why I waited so long to order.

The regular edition is going to be around for a long long time. Lol.

Should be a great EX in the long haul though.

Yeah, EX's often aren't worth going out of your way for these days. This one however is a must have imo. Even if the regular is around for years to come, the EX should still be desirable once sold out.

Back