coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see this thread re-emerge. I’m soooo looking forward to getting this in hand! I have to admit that the people who think you will get this at a discount later down the road will most likely be sadly mistaken.
Is 1800 a larger than expected edition size?... yes. However in a high quality sout after piece that doesn’t mean anything. It’s the low quality/ unpopular pieces that warm shelves. But I guess we will have to see what happens.

1800 Es

$1700.00

Sorry still too high no matter the high quality or popularity.

What people fail to realize is that there are other high end expensive and not so expensive pieces being released.

The market is saturated at this point. Every company is making products from the same franchises almost.

You got the alien queen coming out from P1 too.

I find myself struggling to keep up with the two lines I said I would only collect, Alien and Berserk with a bit of Predator in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first, I'm very excited by this too, until I learned such edition size with hefty price tag.

The market is saturated at this point.

Couldn't agree more. At this point I felt like I'm done with collecting statues. Yes there are good companies out there with better QC and price but were they? In these days, companies are now producing products in larger quantities, in larger scales, and put even more huge price tag on them. Sure, high-end collectibles these days may look better than what's 10 years ago but I think there's no point of collecting them anymore because they lost "high-end" feels and started being a bigger and more expensive version of NECA, as you can find them EVERYWHERE and the price is going NOWHERE unless it's a killer exclusive.

What's even worse for me is that everyone is doing the same character. What's hot today will be leftovers version of what it represents (see Hot Toys Marvel Heroes) in merely next 2 or 3 years as companies will still pumping even better and bigger version of it. The better for us? It depends, but I think it doesn't look bright as it used to be IMO.

At first, I'm very excited by this too, until I learned such edition size with hefty price tag.

Couldn't agree more. At this point I felt like I'm done with collecting statues. Yes there are good companies out there with better QC and price but were they? In these days, companies are now producing products in larger quantities, in larger scales, and put even more huge price tag on them. Sure, high-end collectibles these days may look better than what's 10 years ago but I think there's no point of collecting them anymore because they lost "high-end" feels and started being a bigger and more expensive version of NECA, as you can find them EVERYWHERE and the price is going NOWHERE unless it's a killer exclusive.

What's even worse for me is that everyone is doing the same character. What's hot today will be leftovers version of what it represents (see Hot Toys Marvel Heroes) in merely next 2 or 3 years as companies will still pumping even better and bigger version of it. The better for us? It depends, but I think it doesn't look bright as it used to be IMO.

Marvel might be saturated, but not the Alien franchise. There are only a handful of really good pieces out there and ones like this haven't lost any "high end" feel, and comparing this to NECA stuff is just silly.

I feel like this is really the first time this license is really being captured by so many companies and there are so many different offerings.

How many storm troopers are there? How many iron man? How many batman? These licenses have endless numbers in every format under the sun.

I don't collect those lines but others do. I don't think this is anything new, it's just the first time Alien is getting so much attention at the same size.

I feel (read: my opinion and mine alone) is that people should ignore the edition size. Look at the piece, look at their Financials, look at their own feelings for the piece. Is a given piece worth it to you? Do you want it for your own collection to look at and enjoy? If yes, it shouldn't bother you that 1800 other people are doing the same thing.

I look at my collection as a whole and not just as a series of independent pieces as much (though I am a bad owner...I do have favourites). Does this piece bring it all together? Will I love looking at it next to this and that other thing I've got?

You do you man, but I think some people are getting too cerebral.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Fantastic piece but at the end of the day it is alien 3. I'll get it cause I want all of them but I can see this one sticking around for a while because of the price tag people may choose either the upcoming big chap or aliens release instead.

Fantastic piece but at the end of the day it is alien 3. I'll get it cause I want all of them but I can see this one sticking around for a while because of the price tag people may choose either the upcoming big chap or aliens release instead.
A lot of people like A3, and even if they didn't it really does not matter. Wolf Pred is super popular for collectors and the movie is not nearly as good as A3.

Is the market flooded with products from the Alien franchise, yes.

Is the market flooded with high quality pieces from the Alien franchise, absolutely NOT.

For some strange reason the Alien franchise has always attracted companies to make low quality mostly nonsense. It’s an indeed rare occasion that we get a high quality screen accurate representation of any of the Xenomorph’s incarnations.

This piece will stand out among collections and draw the attention of new buyers after its release for sure. It’s certainly priced high, but anyone in this game knows that you get what you pay for.

Maybe my view won't be popular here but even the edition size wouldn't be capped, I wouldn't care. I buy these pieces of art because they are so beautiful and impressive and not make profit out of them. And this Dog Alien statue will be a masterpiece not worth selling ever ;)

Maybe my view won't be popular here but even the edition size wouldn't be capped, I wouldn't care. I buy these pieces of art because they are so beautiful and impressive and not make profit out of them. And this Dog Alien statue will be a masterpiece not worth selling ever ;)

It's nice that you are in a position to be able to think like that, not everyone is. It's not really about making a profit, it's more about at the very least holding original value so you don't lose money or much if you decide to or are forced to sell. Most P1 pieces seem to struggle to just resell for MSRP.

I wonder what’s the deal with P1 not making this available on their site?

Will they eventually start selling them once SS has exhausted their stock of Aliens? Some sort of exclusive deal P1 made not to sell on their site that was made for a short period?

I've been wondering the same thing, seems a strange thing to do. Make a very expensive item in relatively large numbers and then not even offer it up for sale on your own site. It's not like CP are selling it on their site in that side of the world either. Weird....

Some back door deal we’re not privy to, until it’s blatantly obvious. Lol.

But I thinks it’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

Last edited:
I guarantee this will be back on Prime1’s site after SS exhausts theirs.

Probably still be able to score an EX up to a year after it’s release at a cool 179.00 a month.

And the regular ES will be around for a very long time.

I ordered the Ex and it’s paid for but you really got to love these ingenious marketing strategies.

I pre-ordered this, it's best Dog to date. I think if the edition size were lower then you can tack on 3 to 4 hundred to price tag. IMO this is a bargain for a Dog 1/3.

Best Dog Alien for me. But like others said hopefully this goes up on Prime1 site for sale. Seems silly to just post the pictures and give a link to SS. Not everyone can but from SS. Prime offer a way better payment plan

Back