Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need another Emporer Palpatine. The asking prices online for this figure are *****king stupid

I imagine Palpatine is pretty far down on the list... aside from the robe being a bit off, the figure is solidly done. I'm sure HT would do better, but maybe not enough to justify a full figure.

galactiboy can now remove Jawas from the waiting list.:lol

I am starting to think will Dooku ever be made?
With the new movies on the way, anyone still cares about PT stuff?:(

I do. As much as I love OT having grown up with it, there are things in the PT that are cool and Dooku is most certainly one of him. I would love a Dooku. I would also love a Palpatine in the royal dark red robes and hood when he first addresses the Senate after he is attacked (and basically takes control). He looked really cool at that moment. A good ROTS Anakin with Sith eyes would be nice too. Padme in arena garb would be a buy. A few more of the cooler looking Jedi Council members would be cool (skip female Yoda and the floppy eared guy that looks lie a melted Willow though but I'll take the snake tailed guy with giant beard). I think Qui Gon would be worth a revisit as well, the original just doesn't hold up.

I have no doubt HT will do ROTJ Palpatine. Looking forward to picking that one up!

The Sideshow one is probably one of that company's best Star Wars figures. Really curious how HT will trump it.

I imagine Palpatine is pretty far down on the list....

Been alluded to that The Emperor will be one of the HT ROTJ three... which we are to expect before TFA opens. Or so it is foretold.

The Sideshow one is probably one of that company's best Star Wars figures. Really curious how HT will trump it.

Been alluded to that The Emperor will be one of the HT ROTJ three... which we are to expect before TFA opens. Or so it is foretold.

Interesting... I don't really follow the rumors on these, but seems like at least one source knows what he's talking about. As for trumping it, I'd imagine again it will be a case of better paintwork and getting a fabric that lays better. But still, I'm pretty happy with the Sideshow figure so the improvement would have to be pretty stunning in order for me to want to upgrade.

And I imagine with the announcement of the Falcon cockpit it's likely HT will release a throne to go with their emperor. Sideshow's thrown is quite nice, but if HT could release a non-polystone version and include lights it would be a welcome improvement.

I'd definitely like a HT Emperor and a new Throne since the Sideshow one was poorly engineered. I have no doubt HT will be able to up the ante as far as design and sculpt quality. Plus I think they will finally produce Royal Guards. I could never understand why SS did not produce those. It's not like the Medicoms were anything special. I just hope HT has armor underneath the cloaks. And they they go ahead and produce Senate Guards as well even if they are from the PT.

I guess we will see the upcoming lineup at CC. Leia will of course finally be unveiled, but I'm also hoping to see Lando, Boba, ESB Luke, and Slave Leia.

I don't need any armor on my Imperial guards... a red body suit (just so he's not nekkid under the robes) would more than suffice for me.

I two would want a couple of royal guards from rotj. I always remembered them as a kid and was like wow who are those red dudes they are cool.

Looks like we may be getting Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguise at SDCC. Don't know if it was on purpose or not but SS's comic con page had a photo that just said "PHOTO COMING SOON" and the URL it linked to seemed to change every so often, one URL was Leia, and one was Luke and Han Stormtroopers

Back