Confession: I actually like the Mighty Muggs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good news for Star Wars Might Muggs fans is that there's quite a bit of stuff coming out, including these (Hoth Luke, Gammorean Guard, Old Ben, and Biker Scout). I have to have all of these. The bad news is that they are shared online exclusives, and won't be available in normal stores. :(

i want the old ben and scout trooper!

icruise: pardon my ignorance, but what are "shared online exclusives"?

I love the Muggs, but between cancellations, online exclusives and store exclusives, I've lost interest in collecting these. I sold off what I had, except for my Indy Muggs and am officially done. I really enjoyed buying them when they were first released because they were relatively easy to find in stores and I didn't have to jump through hoops to get the ones I wanted. Just like everything else, Hasbro really knows how to take the fun out of something.

i want the old ben and scout trooper!

icruise: pardon my ignorance, but what are "shared online exclusives"?

Apparently it's when several online stores are the only places you can buy something.

I love the Muggs, but between cancellations, online exclusives and store exclusives, I've lost interest in collecting these. I sold off what I had, except for my Indy Muggs and am officially done. I really enjoyed buying them when they were first released because they were relatively easy to find in stores and I didn't have to jump through hoops to get the ones I wanted. Just like everything else, Hasbro really knows how to take the fun out of something.

I first got into them because they were relatively cheap and easy to find -- something I could pick up at the store on a whim. So I know where you're coming from. I'm seriously considering selling all of my prequel Star Wars Muggs, but I love the original trilogy ones and plan to get all of the ones that they release.

That's for new waves after the ones that have already been announced, at least as far as I understand it. There was a Target-exclusive wave, and then two online exclusive waves, and the ones after that will apparently be TRU exclusives.

Finally got the Target-exclusive Muggs I got on ebay (Bossk, Biggs, Snowtrooper, and Teebo). Here is my current display. I have all of the prequel SW Muggs as well, but they're in another room and I'm thinking of getting rid of them. If anyone is interested in a bunch of loose PT Muggs, let me know. I also have a Commander Cody, Commander Rex, Shock Trooper and C3PO in the box.

muggs_display_02-22-09.jpg

I'm pretty much full up with these shelves, so I eventually plan to move the Indy ones someplace else and maybe add one more shelf for 4 total.

My ultimate goal is to more or less have one shelf dedicated to each movie, although I doubt it will work out exactly like that. The ANH shelf is pretty much full there are more coming out.

My ultimate goal is to more or less have one shelf dedicated to each movie, although I doubt it will work out exactly like that. The ANH shelf is pretty much full there are more coming out.

Yea, most of mine are at work in my office. I own 3 G.I. Joe ones, 2 Marvel, and 1 SW (Reveal Vader)...

So I'm workin on it. I just joined the might muggs forum tho.

I went ahead and got another shelf, so now I can fit all of my Star Wars Muggs in one display. I eventually hope to make it all original trilogy stuff, though. I'm not really that fond of the Clone Wars ones or the clonetroopers. I mainly put the prequel stuff here to fill out the space.

I recently joined mightymuggsforum.com and was pretty surprised to see that 4 out of 5 people (maybe more) keep their entire collection in the box. If you look at the collection forum there, it's just piles of boxes. The Mighty Muggs do have nice boxes, but you can't really enjoy them that way in my opinion, and they take up like 3 times as much space.

muggs_display_02-26-09.jpg

I'm also a member there...and must admit all my muggs in there boxes for now. My collection is at work in my office on my shelves, I only have two here right now which are going to the office monday.

I just order the scout, huth luke, and cyclops from HTS yesterday!!

Back