Community

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for this show to lose its one piece of unfunny baggage...Chevy Chase.

I've always liked Chevy, and I'll be sad to see him go, but it's not the end of the world. OTOH, I can't see Newhart on the show. I think he's great too - but not on Community. Newhart has always played the same guy on TV, the calm, level headed, wise one dispensing his wisedom to the less intelligent around him. That's not going to work on this show, and he's going to have to go in a very different direction for a character here.

The new episode had it funny moments and though I enjoyed it, overall it was not a strong episode especially for a new season's opening episode. I hope it gets better. 12 more episodes to go.

The new episode had it funny moments and though I enjoyed it, overall it was not a strong episode especially for a new season's opening episode. I hope it gets better. 12 more episodes to go.

Damn. So the the feel of the show is noticeably different? I PVR'd the episode and am just about to watch it.

When I think about the first episode I think of the season 2 opener were Jeff imagines flying into school and they have a big opening song and Jeff imagines it will be an awesome year since Pierce won't be in the group. This one was alright. Hopefully they'll be an incredible paint ball 2 parter.

I thought it was a solid episode. Most of us are looking for flaws now due to the drama that has happened.

Think about what they pulled off this episode. Community Babies, Abeds happy place, the Pierce jabs, the hipster jabs, Hunger Games spoof.... in 1 episode.

I gotta admit, I think normally I wouldn't have found it that funny but I found Pierce trying to work out the ball joke to be hilarious. I think it may be because I know we won't be getting any Pierce after this season, so I'm therefore trying to get as much as possible from the character now. Or it was genuinely something funny.

Solid episode overall. As stated above it wasn't a great as other have been but to me it didn't really feel like much as changed due to Harmon's departure. Push it out of your mind before watching and you won't be looking for changes.

I thought it was a solid episode. Most of us are looking for flaws now due to the drama that has happened.

Agreed.

It isn't one of the best episodes of the show, but people act like Harmon's run was infallible. Did he have an amazing run? Absolutely. But there were a handful of "meh" episodes.

Which isn't to say I am sure this show will have a strong season - I don't know yet. But I wouldn't mind a season 4 of this caliber, considering what I was braced for.

https://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/08/community-ratings/

Community delivered 4 million viewers and a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m., up 6 percent from its previous debut in September, 2011. The show improved on NBC’s average in this slot this season by 38 percent and boosted 8:30 p.m.’s Parks and Recreation to a season high. Meaningless comparison: Community was 50 percent higher than Tuesday’s Smash premiere.

3202.gif

So far, neither episode has been particularly good. Not terrible, and the occasional funny moment, but overall I'm not loving it. Here's to crossing my fingers that it improves.

I loved that they had a halloween episode on valentine's day. I'm sure it was merely a side effect of the delay and not the original intention, but a happy accident none the less.

I found last night's episode pretty much brilliant. To me, whilst I have been enjoying the previous episodes this season, there has been a sense of a rather small change in the atmosphere due to the showrunner change. This however felt just like it could have fit into any other season.

Yeah, my favorite episode of the season so far. So many great gags. Highlights for me:

-Abed stating that he would offer his four pronged trident to Carl, causing Annie to say "Why don't you just call it a quadent?", with Annie then shushing her.

-The 99 red balloons had me cracking up...and I preceded to laugh even harder when the other German guy started motorboating the balloons.

Pierce's line last night about harkening back to an age when men were men and "women were sex cooks that did laundry" had me rolling on the floor laughing...and my wife kicking me for laughing. :lol

Back