Commander Praji - Sideshow Exclusive 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, definitely! there were 3000 of them! That is a LOT!!!!!
It is a lot, and frankly I'm very surprised that there were so many people who wanted him, and who were available to order when he went on sale. Of course, if this thread is any indication, some people did order more than one. Personally, I think it's better to wait for the inevitable release of other officers than to try and use this one for customs.

In any case, I can't imagine that anyone who put their names on the wait list today would have any trouble getting one. There are bound to be a fair number of cancellations. I put my name on the list for the time being because I'm sort of warming up to the figure, and I wanted to keep my options open. I guess the lesson to be learned is, order first and then think about it, since you can always cancel later.

Never in a million years would the guy who played Praji believe he did be made into a 12" figure one day... I hope my local retailer is bringing him in.

It's still annoying. What happens when it's a figure that a lot of people WON'T want to cancel. It's stupid that Sideshow expects anyone who collects this line to continuously be online and checking Sideshow's page for a week to get in on a preorder of a figure that has nothing to do with the theme of their promotion. Some of us have jobs. When a preorder is announced in advance I can at least plan to get away long enough to order it.

It is a lot, and frankly I'm very surprised that there were so many people who wanted him, and who were available to order when he went on sale. Of course, if this thread is any indication, some people did order more than one. Personally, I think it's better to wait for the inevitable release of other officers than to try and use this one for customs.

In any case, I can't imagine that anyone who put their names on the wait list today would have any trouble getting one. There are bound to be a fair number of cancellations. I put my name on the list for the time being because I'm sort of warming up to the figure, and I wanted to keep my options open. I guess the lesson to be learned is, order first and then think about it, since you can always cancel later.

I'm sure I'll get lynched for saying this, but this is a discussion forum after all.

Does anyone else think perhaps Sideshow was caught off-guard by the backlash and/or apathy toward this character choice and decided to cut off sales ahead of time and declare it as a "Wait List" item in order to generate more hype for the figure?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It'd just be another marketing ploy.

And if that's the case, I imagine quite a lot of Wait List reservations will get filled in the coming weeks/months.

I'm sure I'll get lynched for saying this, but this is a discussion forum after all.

Does anyone else think perhaps Sideshow was caught off-guard by the backlash and/or apathy toward this character choice and decided to cut off sales ahead of time and declare it as a "Wait List" item in order to generate more hype for the figure?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It'd just be another marketing ploy.

And if that's the case, I imagine quite a lot of Wait List reservations will get filled in the coming weeks/months.
Nope, I just think there's a lot more enthusiasm for a well-designed 1:6 Imperial officer figure than a number of people who are overly-fixated on five or so major characters can find themselves able to accept.

3000 is not that many considering the overall size of Star Wars fandom, especially when there's good reason for one person to order more than one of them.

I don't get why it's so difficult for many fans to accept that, just because they don't personally want something that there aren't a lot of other people that do.

Honestly, why would Sideshow want to delay selling as many of these figures as they possibly could as quickly as they could? Apply Occum's Razor here....

Last edited:
Nope, I just think there's a lot more enthusiasm for a well-designed 1:6 Imperial officer figure than a number of people who are overly-fixated on five or so major characters can find themselves able to accept.

3000 is not that many considering the overall size of Star Wars fandom, especially when there's good reason for one person to order more than one of them.

I don't get why it's so difficult for many fans to accept that, just because they don't personally want something that there aren't a lot of other people that do.

Honestly, why would Sideshow want to delay selling as many of these figures as they possibly could as quickly as they could? Apply Occum's Razor here....

I couldn't agree more. As always the complainers pipe up and the content stay silent. People have to realise that forums like this etc.. only represent a small part of the SW collecting community.

Well Im as Happy as a very happy person

I actually wanted a Imperial Officer

I actually didnt want SS to announce a Vader as Ive recently commisioned the best Vader maker in the world to make me one !

Admitedlly the price tag always seems a bit steep for a less than secondary character like praji so thats why I used my Reward points

Id sooner pay full amount for something I really want than for something I can take or leave

So I ordered Praji but thought he is a bit steep price wise !

So I ordered a Second Praji and used my Reward points

and cancelled the first - so at least 1 person will have their waitlist fullfilled !

TBH one of the easiest characters to custom build would be a Imp officer

Afterall SS praji is only wearing luftwaffe pants

Tunic cap and gun would be a bit of a challenge but not un-doable !

but anyway Im happy

Got a decent figure at a decent price with cool weapons and accessories

(Thinks Spare cap, spare gun ? just needs a tunic and belt ? for a second Officer)

Well thank you all for not ripping me to shreds, first of all. I appreciate that. :)

Personally, I like the way the figure looks. It'd be an off-beat, cool addition to the collection. But I just can't justify spending so much for a bare-bones figures (compared against the rest of the line). The costuming isn't very intricate, and I highly doubt likeness rights cost a fortune here...so why the $60 price tag??? If anything, Sideshow could've made this one $50 or even $40 in all honesty. At a lower price, army builders (the rich SOBs that they are...LOL) would stock up on them. Or make this a pair or trio of different officers and sell them for $100-120.

Basically, my personal issue with Commander Praji is simply the price. I'm just not getting the kind of bang I'd like to see for my buck.

I couldn't agree more. As always the complainers pipe up and the content stay silent.

That is not at all true on here. On these boards, the other side is usually just as vocal and adversarial as the chronic complainers.

In my observations, I see the usual people who criticize everything SSC does, followed always by return blasts from folks who apparently think SSC can do no wrong.

In the meantime, the true minority is left to witness this recurring battle from the sidelines: those of us who love SSC, collect their stuff, but can be genuinely beffudled and disappointed by some of the decisions they make and the ocassionally frustratingly flawed product.

Just to point out, 3000 is not the number that has sold.

A number of these will be offered overseas, so although Sideshow claim its a US website exclusive, it may be if you live in the USA, but it will be offered to overseas distributors.

That is not at all true on here. On these boards, the other side is usually just as vocal and adversarial as the chronic complainers.

In my observations, I see the usual people who criticize everything SSC does, followed always by return blasts from folks who apparently think SSC can do no wrong.

In the meantime, the true minority is left to witness this recurring battle from the sidelines: those of us who love SSC, collect their stuff, but can be genuinely beffudled and disappointed by some of the decisions they make and the ocassionally frustratingly flawed product.

You are right I have witnessed the fights. Hence my low post count. As I usally avoid it all. I know on here you get you very vocal supports who think SS can do no wrong. By the comment I didn't just mean on this forum. It's a fact of life.

It just irks me when you get complainers who always start with the line 'no one like this'. Based on what facts? That you read a few post supporting your views. Then again if you don’t like something you have just as much to say so.

Bottom line is I like this figure. I like to get characters not already done 100 times by every man and his dog. No I'm not someone who grabs anything SW as I won't get any of the EU products SS make.

I have even considered giving up the SS SW 12" line as I have been getting into a lot of other stuff. To be honest the random characters they have been coming out with have kept me interested. If thy had just produced all the main players I think I would of given up, though I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

I feel a few, not all are more upset and hurt because they really thought it would be Vader and are sulking.

Last edited:
Just to point out, 3000 is not the number that has sold.

A number of these will be offered overseas, so although Sideshow claim its a US website exclusive, it may be if you live in the USA, but it will be offered to overseas distributors.

I thought the amount offered to overseas distributors would be in addition to the 3000. No?

Back