Coming Soon figures from Hot toys / Photos By Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And HT has a tendency to make characters as their 'test subjects' that fewer people actually want - Jake instead of Neytiri, Taylor instead of Elias (Platoon), New Goblin instead of Venom or Doc Ock or Green Goblin, Xavier instead of Magneto (if Xavier even comes out). I'm sure theres other examples of this aswell. Its as though they're saving the best for last...and then of course they cancel the line when the test characters don't sell like they hoped.

Last edited:
And HT has a tendency to make characters as their 'test subjects' that fewer people actually want - Jake instead of Neytiri, Taylor instead of Elias (Platoon), New Goblin instead of Venom or Doc Ock or Green Goblin, Xavier instead of Magneto (if Xavier even comes out). I'm sure theres other examples of this aswell. Its as though they're saving the best for last...and then of course they cancel the line when the test characters don't sell like they hoped.

Absolutely agree here.

I'll add Silk Spectre instead of Rorschach (and possibly Nite Owl, since many would've bought him to pose with Rorschach).

Perhaps I missed it, on the website I didn't see anyplace confirming these are confirmed for 2013 - 2014 :dunno
I'd also like to see where this is confirmed. It's just teasers we've seen already, has HT made an official statement somewhere or is this just another rumor?

2010 catalog. They already delivered on some of these items and are close to.

anyways who is this in a blue coat?
39412423119170362203715.jpg

I want Ichabod most and it looks like it may get made, I trust.
I would be most interested in Harlock, maybe robocop, Pfieffer and penguin possibly, at 1/6.

Ugh... I'm still so pissed about the Smooth Criminal fiasco...
:banghead:banghead:banghead

I love COMING SOON on everything

in Chinese terms soon could be six months to three years....

The irony being that the 'main' characters would sell perfectly well without this.

Right... like Lee Christmas or Gunnar Jensen instead of Barney Ross for Expendables? More like they make only the main character and never bother to make any of the supporting secondary characters. For them it's a one-and-done cash-grab.

That's HT strategy there... announcing their "coming soon" licenses to scare away competition and/or grab customers who are hoping to get those characters just to make them wait and wait and wait...

:exactly: :slap

Instead of doing Sam, Quorra, Clu or Rinzler, which is what fans wanted most they did the least wanted figure in Kevin Flynn.

With MGS3, instead of doung the iconic Naked Snake fatigues look they went with a costume that was hardly in the game and cost themselves sales.

And although i love Xavier, Magneto from XFC should've been first as it is the one people want most.

The thing that pisses me off is they don't do this with their iron man batman lines, they always do the right ones in the right order that pleases fans and maximises sales :gah:

No it should be:
"Hot Toys - Coming soon figures AFTER IRON MAN"

How about:

"Jumping the shark with Hot Toys"

"Hot Toys -- The Thrill Is Gone"

"Hot Toys -- Preorder now so your grandchildren might receive them"

(got nuthin') :huh

I still remember how pissed off people were when they took forever to make Avatar.

So? Those were just avatards. :nana:

I love COMING SOON on everything
in Chinese terms soon could be six months to three years....

Another great Mandarin term: LIMITED EDITION

___

Last edited:
:exactly: :slap

Instead of doing Sam, Quorra, Clu or Rinzler, which is what fans wanted most they did the least wanted figure in Kevin Flynn.

Have to disagree there. Jeff Bridges is a bigger star and with the rights to sculpt his likeness was a sure-fire seller.

Younger "kids" may think he's just some "old guy" like Ben Kenobi.

And with Bridges likeness they SHOULD have at least done Clu 2 simultaneous with Kevin Flynn. He's the main antagonist of the film.

A Rinzler would have been great, especially with a 2-in-one Tron Boxleitner HS.

Quorra would have been fantastic with Olivia Wilde's likeness especially after what they did with Black Widow.

So many lines with so much potential that Hot Toys just doesn't give a crap about because it's not !#@!*& Iron Man.

Back