Comicon month = I hate Sideshow's style of releasing product for order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sideshow: I am soo tried of missing out on a lot of figures that happen cause its comic con month....I dont have time to log onto your site every day...

I missed the EX Battle droids since there was no warning

Had I not logged onto these forums today, I would have missed the EX IG-88 and boy, I would have been PISSED

As a customer, I am seriously frustrated.....I know your staff works hard, but there should be a way to give a heads up. Customer service told me since you are release soo much product, its 'impossible' to let us know of everything. If that is the case, slow down!!!!!!!! Releasing too much product is not a good thing all the time

They've been sending out daily emails :dunno

I see your point since you actually have a job and aren't sitting around all day playing on the forum! But maybe you should keep your eyes peeled at least in these SDCC days.

If it were a scheduled preorder it wouldn't have sold out any less quickly, you still would have to be around during that time. So if you want to make sure you can order something, just make sure to check each day when new stuff is scheduled to go up.

Yeah, thats the thing, not getting an emails from sideshow.....grr...And yeah, you know my ass is glued to the Sideshow boards this week...LOL

I actually haven't gotten any daily emails either about new releases, just one on Thursdays.

I was having the problem of not getting my Sideshow emails and posted about it here last month:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96225

I made sure I had all the sideshow email addresses in my address book and they would still bounce back. Once I made that thread, CAHobbit (Alexandra) PM'd me about it and by that evening I got my newsletters again! And I've been getting the emails consistently since.

So if you're sure you have all of SS's email addresses cleared to go through your junk filters, then maybe contact SS directly and see if they can fix the problem.

You know these are always up by 7AM PST right? Its not all random like you make it out to me. Works perfect for me. I get up for work and they're up too. :dunno

Its just during the next few days with actually being at SDCC that has me worried. Any idea if we are able to order pieces at the show (like in the years before last year) at the show before they are up on the website? There are several items we KNOW of, but haven't been able to order yet.

I don't get this post. You almost have to try not get some kind of notification. Whether it be Email, Twitter, Facebook, RSS Feed, Forums, or the SSC Site, I think Sideshow does more than a good job notifying everyone. We've known for weeks that Sideshow would offering something new almost everyday. New items go up at around the same time. Hell Sideshow even tells us whats coming up the next day in the product calender section on their site if you bother to pay attention.

All day, every day, there's a preview of what's going up the next day, and by the end of most days, the board has figured out what it's going to be. The pre-orders are up by 10am EST the following morning.

I like it.
It's better than before when Everything went up by surprise during the comiccon. Back then you couldn't leave your pc the entire weekend.

Back