Comic con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John McClane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can you buy tickets when you arrive ? I was planning on coming from uk as little holiday but think it's sold out online

They pretty much sold out in a day. Some will be on sale when people cancel about a month before the show. You should be able to scalp tickets out front at the show, for high prices. Good luck.

for a few years now, people have been buying up tickets and either selling them on ebay or scalping them. before that tickets were available right up till opening day. I miss those days :(

for a few years now, people have been buying up tickets and either selling them on ebay or scalping them. before that tickets were available right up till opening day. I miss those days :(

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. All you get when you buy tickets is a confirmation letter with your name on it. You physically have nothing to sell anyone and reservations cannot be transferred. The comic con website says:

Comic-Con said:
BADGES WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT IN ADVANCE. PLEASE BRING YOUR BAR CODED CONFIRMATION LETTER AND PHOTO ID ONSITE TO RECEIVE YOUR BADGE. BADGES WILL NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT A PRINTED, BAR CODED CONFIRMATION and ID.

TRANSFER/RESALE POLICY: RESELLING, SHARING OR TRANSFERRING A COMIC-CON BADGE OR COMPLEMENTARY PASS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

They don't want people to do it and have a system in place to prevent it from happening. Unless there is a loop hole i am unaware of. The reason tickets are no longer available up until the day of the event is because lots of people want to go, and tickets sell out fast.

Oh and :welcome to the forum!

I'm pretty sure that's not possible. All you get when you buy tickets is a confirmation letter with your name on it. You physically have nothing to sell anyone and reservations cannot be transferred. The comic con website says:

They don't want people to do it and have a system in place to prevent it from happening. Unless there is a loop hole i am unaware of. The reason tickets are no longer available up until the day of the event is because lots of people want to go, and tickets sell out fast.

Oh and :welcome to the forum!

there is a loop hole. After you go in comic con, wait for an hour and go to information and tell them you lost your badge. They will give you another one either for free or abit less than what you paid for.

Sounds like a lot of work for one extra ticket. I would think once your at the convention there would be a lot of better things to do than f*k around at the ticket counter. :dunno I suppose if you wanted to go with a friend who didn't get a ticket it would be worth a shot.

Sounds like a lot of work for one extra ticket. I would think once your at the convention there would be a lot of better things to do than f*k around at the ticket counter. :dunno I suppose if you wanted to go with a friend who didn't get a ticket it would be worth a shot.

this year, since ticket sale was terrible my friends didnt get one. The ticket counter is not that long of a wait, by the way. Takes 5 - 10 mintues to get another badge :yess:

I agree with TOE that this years ticket sales was horrible. 2 crashes at the site and the horrible mess at Ticket Leap. I had 2 four day passes and kept getting kicked out of the system and when I went to pay, they were sold out. Went for 2, 3 day passes and only ended up with Thurs. & Fri passes. It kept kicking out my Sat. until they were sold out. It was easier booking a hotel than buying the tickets. This year I will buy my passes at con for next year. They will release any extra tickets sometime in late May (at least that is what they said when they were trying to make nice about the whole terrible experience).

Uh, I don't know anything about Chicago con but i cant imagine it selling out anywhere near as fast... SDCC sold out in 12 hours. It becomes bigger and more popular every year. The ultimate con of cons if you will.

Honestly, last year was so sickly congested that I felt like it was more of a headache than it was worth. Sure, the panels on Sunday were nice and it is always cool to meet artists and see the items first hand, and Dusty hooked me up, but the con needs to be moved to a larger venue. We always went on Sunday because it was the proverbial 'family day,' but I stopped bringing the kids last year because it had become so gridlocked in the aisles that people act like pricks...seeing adults repeatedly cut in front of my kids for a free-plastic Green Lantern ring, He-Man sword, or I Am Legend t-shirt was too much.

I didn't bother preordering because this is going to be the first year in six or seven years that I had no desire to go.

Last edited:
Back