Comedy Legend Joan Rivers passes away at 81

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was great before going on Fashion Police or doing the award shows. Actually, I think working with E! was her downfall for me.

RIP Joan.

The thing I respected about her most is how she was so politically incorrect. We need more people who speak the truth, regardless of what others say, especially the anonymous cowards on twitter, FB, etc. She'd tell people what she thought to their face and how can you not respect that?

RIP

She came from the old school comedians that commented on what they observed with no filter and no regard for political correctness. Wish more people would adopt that sort of expressionism without the fear of someone getting ********. RIP to one of the greats.

The thing I respected about her most is how she was so politically incorrect. We need more people who speak the truth, regardless of what others say, especially the anonymous cowards on twitter, FB, etc. She'd tell people what she thought to their face and how can you not respect that?

RIP

I liked that too, and in the last year or two she really got people ticked off when she said things they didn't like. And she wouldn't apologize either.

RIP

Well said. She was truly the last of a dying breed and I don't think we'll ever see anyone like her again. Her energy and razor sharp wit at age 81 were truly amazing and it seemed like she could go on for another 10-15 years. It's so sad that a minor procedure like the one she was having done caused her death. RIP Joan, you will truly be missed.

RIP

:exactly: This

RIP Joan Rivers - A True Comedy Legend.

In her last book she said she wanted to be buried and even said some things she'd like to have done, yet Melissa is having her cremated. Strange.

In her last book she said she wanted to be buried and even said some things she'd like to have done, yet Melissa is having her cremated. Strange.
I saw the interview in which she said she wanted her funeral to be a big showbiz affair with: lights, cameras, and paparazzi. I think it is just hard for her family to try and do that when they are still in mourning.

Well said. She was truly the last of a dying breed and I don't think we'll ever see anyone like her again. Her energy and razor sharp wit at age 81 were truly amazing and it seemed like she could go on for another 10-15 years. It's so sad that a minor procedure like the one she was having done caused her death. RIP Joan, you will truly be missed.

You're a class act. I mean that. Some people didn't get that and made fun of her passing.

Things change... my dad wanted to have his body buried and let it decompose the traditional way... well as one could... pumped full of chemicals and such. But the Cancer ate his body away and that changed. So he was cremated. We're also talking about a celebrity. Just because it was in a book, doesn't mean it's 100 percent fact or that is the person's true intent. Even some autobiographies have some fiction to make things more exciting for the reader. That and things change over time. But she seemed pretty honest and straight up, so who knows. When are we getting an autobiography on the Ween?

P.S. Who would be the best actress to play Joan in a bio pic?

Back