Collection End Game?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I sit back, look at my collection and think, “this is all really meaningless in the large scope of things.” As the world continues to burn and life continues to become more and more of a gigantic joke, the thoughts of selling off my collection and living a more humble life creep into my brain.

As quickly as those thoughts enter, they leave. At the end of the day my collection makes me happy and that’s a rare commodity these days. I have also decided that I want be buried in one of those time capsules with my dolls like some ancient pharaoh.

Hopefully it’ll give our future alien overlords something to talk about when they exhume me and see me surrounded by a bunch of Godzilla statues and my various 1:6 scale dollies.
this is deep, man.
All you need is a lil push..

You have another 2 years to enjoy whatever leisures human society has to offer. After that you can start to enjoy life as it is in the 1800s.
That’s pretty much where I am mentally. I’m going to sit here and enjoy the now because the future is going to be terrifying. I can’t wait to use all the knowledge that I’ve gained from watching Kevin Costner in Waterworld in the upcoming water wars!

this is deep, man.
All you need is a lil push..
Well…madness is like gravity isn’t it? ;)

You guys worried about AI or a serious escalation with Russia/China/Iran/North Korea? Or whichever comes first perhaps.
Absolutely.
It would make a lot of sense to cut down on hobby spending in case **** hits the fan, but I honestly imagine it boiling down as a long term an economic Cold War versus anything traditional. Which would still obviously be devastating, but worrying about anything major happening is the only predictable guarantee we have (among death, and taxes).

Judgement day for real 😬 ….. Hi a-dev :wave

Dude! Welcome back! How long has it been? You're on time maybe for a new Terminator toy war between Hot Toys and InArt with new lamb's wool hair for us to discuss the accuracy of. I hope if Judgement Day is going to happen it holds off at least till 2029 so A) it coincides with Terminator's future war just for the hell of it and B) so we might actually have some new figures by then. I mean that's the important thing right?

When AI Hitler shows up, imma show him my swanky 1/6 scale collection. BOOM. World peace. Eutopia.

I had 450+ figures, sold 220, now have over 300. Not sure what the hell went wrong, but I’m reducing it to my core passions. Then as companies bring out better versions (like the billion TDK jokers) I sell the old and keep the new.

I have a few on pre-order not done before, but nowhere near as bad as I was.

You guys worried about AI or a serious escalation with Russia/China/Iran/North Korea? Or whichever comes first perhaps.
Not to mention civil unrest in the US, the fallout from the pandemic (long COVID included), inflation with record debt, food shortages, global warming, new diseases with a return of ancient diseases (leprosy, anyone?). At this point I’m too tired to worry.

What gets me is that when it all goes down on a Monday, we will all be expected to return to work on Tuesday like everything is fine.

Not to mention civil unrest in the US, the fallout from the pandemic (long COVID included), inflation with record debt, food shortages, global warming, new diseases with a return of ancient diseases (leprosy, anyone?). At this point I’m too tired to worry.

What gets me is that when it all goes down on a Monday, we will all be expected to return to work on Tuesday like everything is fine.
for-me-it-was-tuesday-general-bison.gif

Dude! Welcome back! How long has it been? You're on time maybe for a new Terminator toy war between Hot Toys and InArt with new lamb's wool hair for us to discuss the accuracy of. I hope if Judgement Day is going to happen it holds off at least till 2029 so A) it coincides with Terminator's future war just for the hell of it and B) so we might actually have some new figures by then. I mean that's the important thing right?
Been over 4 years buddy and glad to be back. I turned 50 back in March and said you know what I’m getting old and should get back into the thick of it. Looking forward to the battle royal between HT and InArt and can’t wait to complain about the Arnie sculpts and body proportions again 👍 Everyone on this thread is talking about leaving at 50 and I’m doing the opposite 🤪

That’s pretty much where I am mentally. I’m going to sit here and enjoy the now because the future is going to be terrifying. I can’t wait to use all the knowledge that I’ve gained from watching Kevin Costner in Waterworld in the upcoming water wars!

Well…madness is like gravity isn’t it? ;)
Water world is just in case all land gets covered in water. you need some mad max skills too for land and desert.

A new deadly pandemic more like it which infects livestocks causing meat shortage at global scale in order to introduce synthetic cultured meat to the masses who currently reject the products. Also another round of vaccine boost.

Absolutely.
It would make a lot of sense to cut down on hobby spending in case **** hits the fan, but I honestly imagine it boiling down as a long term an economic Cold War versus anything traditional. Which would still obviously be devastating, but worrying about anything major happening is the only predictable guarantee we have (among death, and taxes).
When shtf money is worthless better change them out for supplies of knowledge or something useful.

Same as what people though the day before world wars lol. But at least better be slightly prepared. Maybe have a stash of collectibles buried somewhere so when war ends and you survived and world is restoring you would have all these valuable artifacts to trade around.

Been over 4 years buddy and glad to be back. I turned 50 back in March and said you know what I’m getting old and should get back into the thick of it. Looking forward to the battle royal between HT and InArt and can’t wait to complain about the Arnie sculpts and body proportions again 👍 Everyone on this thread is talking about leaving at 50 and I’m doing the opposite 🤪
Have you bought yourself a sports car in between?

Well good to see you back. I think I saw The Skull not too long ago although he hasn't been regular in a while. P. hasn't been around. The Russia/Ukraine situation made him feel very awkward aswell as compromised his ability to collect so....

I never left. I seem to be a lifer. :lol

:lol No… no sports car, but I did get myself a new pair of eyeglasses for my new failing vision 😬
Oooh age-related eyesight degradation is

mwlfXoF.gif

Glad to be back Andrew, in fact I just tracked down Mike EcKo in the Dexter thread and plan on sending him a catch up pm. TheSkull “Pete” is mostly about old school vintage 12” GI Joe and we chat about stuff once in a blue moon. I should reach out to him cause it’s been awhile since we talked and see what‘s going on. Jimmie Dimmick and I talk just about everyday and he lives Like 10 minutes away.

I‘m trying to remember now you have the same bday as one of my bros and I have the same name as one of yours? Anyways the 22nd is right around the corner and you’re closing in on endgame 😎

Sorry about P. but I’m sure I could get him back by posting a pic of the Barney Ross black T-shirt in the Terminator thread and saying it’s the same shirt as the MM117, or something 😂

Also, the eyesight going south makes it a little easier not to spot the wrong hairline for Arnie sculpts 😋

Back