'Colbert,' 'SpongeBob' may go dark on Time Warner!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Viacom are doodieheads for demanding such a huge increase. But it's 23 cents a month per subscriber. Even if I have to pay TWICE that, I think I could swing it.

That's true, and it doesn't sound like much, but when you think about all the other channels on cable that Time Warner has to negotiate with and if they all want more money, look what it would cost? I suppose TW is trying to draw a line.

Before Turner Networks became a Time Warner company, I used to have to pay $3 a month extra to see the Turner channels. Maybe something similar is in the works here.

I'm not that happy with Time Warner by no means. Our bill just went up again and I'd hate to see it take another jump.

My cable bill went up $15 last month with no reason explained. As a result, I tried to switch to Uverse. If this month, it goes up 25 cents, and they say "This is so you get to keep 2 of the only 4 channels you watch" I would have gladly accepted that.

Instead there is all this posturing about how they are fighting on my behalf over the matter of a quarter? F them. I'm switching to someone else as soon as I am able.

Glad you guys kept your channels!!!! ^^^^ing cable is ridiculous!!!!

I only have it for HD stuff and they won't let me get rid of the ^^^^ channels that are in SD!!! I hate that so much! I have to pay almost $100 just to have HD channels cause the cable company makes you buy the lower packages before you can get the HD package!!!! I wish there was a service that just had a pick and chose choice. Cause my bill would be lower even if it was more expensive to have the pcik and chose plan cause I would have like 300 less channels!

My cable bill went up $15 last month with no reason explained. As a result, I tried to switch to Uverse. If this month, it goes up 25 cents, and they say "This is so you get to keep 2 of the only 4 channels you watch" I would have gladly accepted that.

Instead there is all this posturing about how they are fighting on my behalf over the matter of a quarter? F them. I'm switching to someone else as soon as I am able.

I don't have a choice. I'm stuck with TW unless I get the Dish. I guess we do get to keep the channels. I'll have to look at their site and see what they say.

I don't think Viacom is innocent in this either. They put the TW customer service number up on the affected channels so everyone would call in and complain. Trouble is, how many of the complaining subscribers will complain about the bill going up again?

You can't win. :mad:

Glad you guys kept your channels!!!! ^^^^ing cable is ridiculous!!!!

I only have it for HD stuff and they won't let me get rid of the ^^^^ channels that are in SD!!! I hate that so much! I have to pay almost $100 just to have HD channels cause the cable company makes you buy the lower packages before you can get the HD package!!!! I wish there was a service that just had a pick and chose choice. Cause my bill would be lower even if it was more expensive to have the pcik and chose plan cause I would have like 300 less channels!

Yes, that's a pain - and it really pisses me off when I accidentally TIVO an SD channel when the show's available in HD.

But I will say that TW has been good about adding the HD channels - they even added SciFi just in time for the restart of Battlestar Galactica.

I have Time Warner also, and I'm glad to see the affected channels seem to be staying. I'm wondering though if everyone's bills might be going up after this, I really hope not.

But I will say that TW has been good about adding the HD channels - they even added SciFi just in time for the restart of Battlestar Galactica.

Must be nice living on the west coast. We don't get squat for HD channels with Time Warner here in the midwest. No SciFi HD here yet. :monkey2

How I wish I could get Uverse... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

edit: I just checked again, turns out we do get SciFi HD now! w00t! What's weird is, I read Dave's post, checked for SciFi, didn't find it, then I wrote this rant, immediately after, SciFi HD pops up in my channel list! Anyway, I still want to switch to Uverse.

Last edited:
Must be nice living on the west coast. We don't get squat for HD channels with Time Warner here in the midwest. No SciFi HD here yet. :monkey2

How I wish I could get Uverse... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

edit: I just checked again, turns out we do get SciFi HD now! w00t! What's weird is, I read Dave's post, checked for SciFi, didn't find it, then I wrote this rant, immediately after, SciFi HD pops up in my channel list! Anyway, I still want to switch to Uverse.

I was surprised too - it's just been in the last couple of weeks that they added it. I've been on HD overload recently - never noticed History channel in HD before either. And FX as well - which sucks that they waited until the Shield was over before doing it - but in time for the new season of Nip/Tuck.

Sons of Anarchy was also in HD on F/X.

I think it's weird that even though F/X doesn't have a separate HD channel, stuff still shows up in HD on the regular SD channel. All my other HD channels have their own channel separate from the SD channel.

Back