CM Predator!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece is great and when people come to my house they can't help but notice this kick butt statue. It is flawed however. The proportion are not dead on to Kevin Peter Hall. The head is big and the teeth are too small on the inter jaw. It's more like Steve Wangs interpretation than what the real Predator really looked like. For 2000 dollars it should have been more close but as a Predator fan I would say it's the best Predator collectible Around and is a joy to just look over at it and say WOW that is so kick butt.

If it were completely screen accurate it would not look as pleasing as the Steve Wang interpretation. Steve Wang made the Predator more artful. The film version looks a bit to ugly. This is a great Predator, besides not all predators look exactly alike anyway.

I didn't read the entire thread, but just as a note, the CM version is DEFINITELY not screen accurate, the Sideshow one is actually a 3D scan of the real one. You'll notice the innaccuracies on the Sideshow one such as the large cannon are due to them not being part of the original scan, it was scratch sculpted. If you look at the original statue that used to stand in the foyer of SWS, it didn't have a cannon either.

Steve Wang said that the new sculpt for the P1 for CM was a refined sculpt, with improvements that he would have liked to have seen on the original body.

So SS is more accurate but the CM seems to be far more impressive simply because of the size. Personally I am just too scared to order this, way too many QC issues. Maybe someday I will buy one from someone that can visually inspect the entire thing and assure me that it doesn't have any flaws like scratches, broken head spines and the other stuff that has plagued this fella. I just don't want to pay a small fortune for shipping and duty only to be pissed.

Just wondering:monkey3. On the face and arm are the the black little spines rubber? or are they a hard material? they look really fragile to me.:google.

Just wondering:monkey3. On the face and arm are the the black little spines rubber? or are they a hard material? they look really fragile to me.:google.

The are hard material and very sharp (they even give you a warning in the instructions about how sharp they are). And yes they are very VERY fragile :eek:

If it were completely screen accurate it would not look as pleasing as the Steve Wang interpretation. Steve Wang made the Predator more artful. The film version looks a bit to ugly. This is a great Predator, besides not all predators look exactly alike anyway.

As an artist myself one of the hardest things to do is make the body look like someone. I have the CM Predator and I can tell you it doesn't look like Kevin Peter Halls body. I think the Predtor in the movie looked great I think this piece would have been even better to have the right proportions. CM is telling us we are getting a 3 foot tall figure that looks like what you see in the movie after all. If you like Steve's take thats fine but I rather have something as close to the movie as posible. Others will say the SS piece is the way to go but something funny happened to the right leg when they scupted the upper leg. To me the leg looks funny at the knee. SS also beefed up the ankles too much.

As far as the CM goes it's a really great piece. I love it. I would love it more if it did look just like it does in the movie though. I bet most funs would want it this way too.
One thing that I think Steve did really great is the pose. Man it's a great pose and when NECA will let me sculpt one I might have to steel Steve's pose.
If I get my shot at this one day I'll do my best to make the figure have Kevin Peter Halls proportions and you can tell me if it looks better that way of not.

Yeah, I feel the same way as Dannie does on this collectible. Beautiful piece, but I am having a hard time justifying the 2K pricetag and am on the fence as well.

Yeah, I feel the same way as Dannie does on this collectible. Beautiful piece, but I am having a hard time justifying the 2K pricetag and am on the fence as well.

WOW, you thinkin bout sellin too? I actually save up some buck and went with the Lifesize Pred just before I was gonna pay for one of these CM's when they came out....

As far as the CM goes it's a really great piece. I love it. I would love it more if it did look just like it does in the movie though. I bet most funs would want it this way too.
One thing that I think Steve did really great is the pose. Man it's a great pose and when NECA will let me sculpt one I might have to steel Steve's pose.
If I get my shot at this one day I'll do my best to make the figure have Kevin Peter Halls proportions and you can tell me if it looks better that way of not.
what's stopping you from sculpting it in your off time?
if nothing else, it could give you (and us) an idea of what the figure could look like.
and maybe if the honchos at neca see it they'd consider making it. (in 1:6 scale)

Back