Closed account!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadgettoys

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello! I have my own shop in Russia. I had the account at Sideshow.
I had been purchasing your production and selling it to my clients in Russia, I had long-term projects of growth and promotion of those products. But suddenly one month ago my account was closed based on the argument that there was a distributor in Russia already. This closure surprised me greatly after the whole year of our cooperation. Now we have the situation when Russian customers don't have the freedom of choice as they have only one seller here. Is this the American democracy? Can you imagine the situation when your American customers have only one shop to purchase the Sideshow figures?:banghead

Hello! I have my own shop in Russia. I had the account at Sideshow.
I had been purchasing your production and selling it to my clients in Russia, I had long-term projects of growth and promotion of those products. But suddenly one month ago my account was closed based on the argument that there was a distributor in Russia already. This closure surprised me greatly after the whole year of our cooperation. Now we have the situation when Russian customers don't have the freedom of choice as they have only one seller here. Is this the American democracy? Can you imagine the situation when your American customers have only one shop to purchase the Sideshow figures?:banghead

You do know that this is not Sideshow right? This is a board for fans of their products. You might want to email them directly.

You do know that this is not Sideshow right? This is a board for fans of their products. You might want to email them directly.

He did post it in the "Ask Sideshow" forum, though. And some of them do lurk and post here...

I certainly wrote to Sideshow and I received a dry answer "Sorry. Bye". Here I made my posted just to draw public attention to my problem and to hear your opinions. Probably, that were normal replies in the US i.e. "why are you disturbing the air?.. it's ok here"

I certainly wrote to Sideshow and I received a dry answer "Sorry. Bye". Here I made my posted just to draw public attention to my problem and to hear your opinions. Probably, that were normal replies in the US i.e. "why are you disturbing the air?.. it's ok here"

Hmmm, that really sucks man.

It sucks that you got such a short answer. I would have thought there'd be some explanation. I don't think it's entirely Sideshows fault. There has to be more to it.

It's a similar situation here in Australia. There is only one distributor. All the shops here virtually have to go through them. So it isn't an isolated case. Looking at the distributor list, it's the same in many places. These single distributors hold a monopoly. If a shop owner doesn't get on with them, they're in trouble.

My advice would be to talk with Sideshow, to see what needs to be done to secure distribution yourself. Even with these single distributor monopolies I know of a small shop owner that dealt direct with Sideshow. He would have to buy a case of items, so a few of us would get together and decide what figures we'd want so he wouldn't have stock sitting on his shelf for months and months. Eventually he got out of having 1/6th collectibles in his shop. :monkey2

Did they really just say, "Sorry. Bye."? :google

Just remember that this is not an official means of communication with Sideshow. That's what their official customer service staff is for.

If you have already gone that route and didn't like their response and want to vent your frustration, then you aren't really asking Sideshow a question and so this isn't the best place to put your thread. If all you want to do is shed light on a decision that they made that you disagree with, then think about whether this is the best place for it. The more we flood this area with stuff other than generally casual (and non customer service related) questions, the less likely it will be that Sideshow representatives will stop by in their spare time and interact with us.

as he mentioned, he contacted sideshow and they basically made an exclusive deal with ONE distributor, so he was calling attention to the injustice.

russia seems like a pretty big country to give an exclusive to just one retailer. maybe there's something more to the story for sideshow to give this guy the one finger salute.

middle-finger-of-the-apocalypse.jpg

I think this is the perfect place to post this. After all, I'm very curious about this company, that gets my cash, month after month. I have to say that I'm very surprised by this. Sideshow can send replacements for the smallest item to keep their customers happy, but they can't arrange it to have more than one distributor in Russia??? Way to cut off someone's way to make a living. This is not a very nice move Sideshow. People should come first. Give the Russian collectors an alternative. Monopolies are dead! Long live the free Enterprise!

Honestly, think about it Sideshow.

I think this is the perfect place to post this. After all, I'm very curious about this company, that gets my cash, month after month. I have to say that I'm very surprised by this. Sideshow can send replacements for the smallest item to keep their customers happy, but they can't arrange it to have more than one distributor in Russia??? Way to cut off someone's way to make a living. This is not a very nice move Sideshow. People should come first. Give the Russian collectors an alternative. Monopolies are dead! Long live the free Enterprise!

Honestly, think about it Sideshow.

to beat your nearest ss representative to the punch, please direct your comments below.

BrownBrickWall_tileable.jpg

Back