Classic Comedians - Laurel & Hardy, Marx Brothers, Stooges, Hope/Crosby, Martin/Lewis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Classic Comedians Thread - starting with Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy

Jerry,
I heard from Spenser this morning. He said he is casting the heads for me today and to paypal him when I want. O.K. That's great! My question is, how much are the sculpts? And who am I sending the paypal payment to? He doesn't tell me. Do you have know?
I appreciate the help.

George

Yes...I will PM you the info...congratulations!!

Last edited:

Ok, the gift that just keeps giving! Stan and Ollie once again in "Men O'War"...

260d542df1ad6cb2dee28b7b90fbce18.jpg

d3a68c7e24dd9c9b4767400995daa225.jpg

0cdb99b6a43b055eff9f0da5cc3d2f6f.jpg

bada6ae6ba912f767260ce514daa1898.jpg

84b2fa9bc7d415d269a18b33c2e1fe87.jpg

0adec945064a805c43c64425e54a5f11.jpg

5848dc02f0c0ceb4a1fb18e8027dabc0.jpg

Last edited:

Hey Jerry! Stan and Ollie look just fantastic in their brand new canoe. I see you have painted the unpainted sculpts you bought from Spencer. I think you did a real good job with the paint application. Not quite as good as the painted sculpts Spencer did but still an excellent job!

As far as my progress goes, it has come to a halt. We are in the process of trying to sell our loft and make a move cross country. Everything 1/6th is packed away and will have to wait a bit. I still love to see what you are doing with the boys. You are so far ahead of me and I am a bit envious. Keep up the great work!

Hey Jim, thanks...I hope all goes well with your move! I will miss seeing your continued progress with Bud and Lou, as well as what you do with Stan and Ollie. I wish you much success with the sale of your loft, and safe travels to your next destination...hopefully then you can get those guys unpacked once again!

Hey, Thanks Jerry!

Once unpacked hopefully there will be some major progress.

Okay, here they are, one more time (in revised form)...Minnie's boys, Groucho, Harpo and Chico!

a9d8ba686160cd3971c02262c64fb002.jpg

57425a58fd593eb6bdc879348debdd48.jpg

25db2d0fb1419206cbdf07c85029085c.jpg

d1b4aed685c494a1c471a99c1f20c10c.jpg

78a8b7fc079d0b54dbdab37b9f96101f.jpg

cc03cc63c540506906bb4ad9b530c225.jpg

86e343324ae995351577575a690661b6.jpg

bb8d7e6b6d3908dc0b59a381a4f2151d.jpg

That Harpo is spot on! I really like what you did with him. Where did you get the head and who did it for you? The top hat is nicely done also, where is it from?

He is perfect but I'm still not sure about Chico the clothes and hat are right on but the head sculpt isn't 100% there. In my opinion it is in the 90% range.

The brothers do make a really nice display!

That Harpo is spot on! I really like what you did with him. Where did you get the head and who did it for you? The top hat is nicely done also, where is it from?

He is perfect but I'm still not sure about Chico the clothes and hat are right on but the head sculpt isn't 100% there. In my opinion it is in the 90% range.

The brothers do make a really nice display!

The Harpo head (with attached hat) was a custom sculpted by a guy called Peter the Painter on 1/6 Warriors board. He doesn't sell that sculpt.

The Joker shirt is a very close match for a shirt worn by Harpo in one of the early Marx Brothers films. I have one waiting in my parts bin.

Sean

The Harpo head (with attached hat) was a custom sculpted by a guy called Peter the Painter on 1/6 Warriors board. He doesn't sell that sculpt.

The Joker shirt is a very close match for a shirt worn by Harpo in one of the early Marx Brothers films. I have one waiting in my parts bin.

Sean

Hey Sean, just a bit of a clarification on your post...Peter the painter will sell you Harpo if you wish. He did not made a mold of him or cast him in resin to sell replicas (I don't know why he didn't do this) but he will recreate the sculpt on a commission basis if you (or anyone else) asks. He works very, very fast. I asked him if he would do a Harpo sculpt for me on a Monday; by Friday, the head was done and shipped...

Last edited:

I think I've reached the end of where I want to go with our friends Stan and Ollie...I'm passing the ball for further ideas on these great sculpts. There are so many more options: French foreign legion soldiers, WWI soldiers, policemen, and on and on...

But I couldn't forget the Academy Award winner from 1932...The Music Box!

4c33c74e.jpg

4d45cfd4.jpg

ffd81ef9.jpg

179540a1.jpg

5179fa1ad17e4a7e14fb8e8e31af28df.jpg

2beff785ff285998aefb577602334cb8.jpg

e86328beafa44db10d15bb723cf37f7b.jpg

c0cdfc84f0d6398436fa3576bb7479cc.jpg

391172d0015aba302788652cef1b21f5.jpg

Last edited:

I have to say, you did a fantastic job! Babe and Stan look great in their overalls. That is the look I will be going for once we make the move to Arizona. Great job on the crate containing the piano. I assume you made it out of balsa wood. What did you use to make the lettering? The crate is just the right size and shape.

We had a rough week here in NYC with the storm. We were out of power, hot water and heat for about five days. Every day we had to walk for miles to get a hot meal. My aunt, who had power, lives uptown so we even walked up to her place just to take showers. Thankfully we are back to normal now and consider ourselves lucky compared to a lot of people in the area who have lost everything.

I hope you are doing well, Jerry, on this election day.

Jim, I'm glad to hear you are doing ok...it's terrible what has happened. I have a son who is living in the NYC area. He has gone through a similar situation, but is also ok. Lets hope and pray that everyone gets the assistance they need!

Regarding (insignificant things like) Stan and Ollie, thanks for all of your comments! I was at the craft store, saw some balsa wood, and thought I'd take a chance on building the piano crate. I guess it came out ok, right? I always think I could have done better, but it was fun. And the lettering idea I got from your thread! I remember reading about it a while back, and kept it in the back of my mind. It may not have been exactly the one that you used, but same concept...stenciling that you peel off.

Make sure you vote today! I did, and there were long lines this morning..

Last edited:

Looking at the lettering on your crates, it did seem to me that you used the same dry rub transfers that I did on my crate for Bud and Lou. That method really works well for any type graphics. Again, great job on that piano crate! Now all you need is a horse drawn wagon...

...Now all you need is a horse drawn wagon...

That's what I like about you...you make me feel like a hamster on a wheel, running yet never getting to a destination...:panic:

I think I've reached the end of where I want to go with our friends Stan and Ollie...I'm passing the ball for further ideas on these great sculpts...

Ok, so I guess I still haven't reached the end of where I go with Stan and Ollie...I couldn't resist...more to come featuring them in Beau Hunks...

05f2cbbf7d536879413c30c37acac9b6.jpg

a673523fd36054e75fd34991f787ab04.jpg

Re: Classic Comedians Thread - Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Jack Benny & others..

Very nice start, Jerry...

Very nice indeed! I can't wait to see Stan.

Re: Classic Comedians Thread - Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Jack Benny & others..

Hey Jerry...

I just came across this and I thought you might get a kick out of it. It's a new take on A&C's "Who's on First"... well maybe it's an old take on the routine.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGHVWKrcpQ[/ame]

"Who" is primary! Thanks Jim...I loved it. Was thinking of a cross between A&C and Monty Python while watching it. Who are they? Looks like it was shot locally...

Back