Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was hoping they would tweak the pose so he didn't look like he was dropping a fart. Still, I'm going to get it.

Wow -- the timing kinda sucks --- I just bought the LGD ANH Vader helm, the LE ANH Vader helm, and the Alien Maquette from Sideshow =P

Yeah I was hoping they would tweak the pose so he didn't look like he was dropping a fart. Still, I'm going to get it.

True -- if they just rotated the lower leg out, it'd appear more natural...

I mentioned the pleats to George at Comic Con last year, I'm wondering if they overdid it...

The Chest piece I also mentioned (should be wider at the arms) which I'm glad they changed...

this will not be available though any other retailer, unless this has changed, but I wonder if it's just a down or full payment upfront...

A nice statue. But for its price (and add a bit more) you can have a life-size Vader on mannequin, which would be more impressive than any statue.

A nice statue. But for its price (and add a bit more) you can have a life-size Vader on mannequin, which would be more impressive than any statue.

The CM is supposed to come in at around $2k, correct? I was always under the impression that an accurate life-size Vader would cost significantly more than that. Are they cheaper to build now?

Here is a ROUGH estimate of the cost of my 1:1 Vader I put together. Keep in mind, many of these prices were 2006 prices, and may have changed now, either up or down.

Helmet - $900
Chest Armor - $400
Cape, Robes, and Suit - $400
Chestbox base - $200
Chestbox buttons, metal rods, etc. - $100
Chestbox straps - $100
Gloves - $50
Boots - $100
Shin Guards - $50
Codpiece - $200
Belt - $25
Belt Buckle - $25
Belt Boxes - $100
Belt Box buttons and lights - $50

Grand total $2,700.

Here is a ROUGH estimate of the cost of my 1:1 Vader I put together. Keep in mind, many of these prices were 2006 prices, and may have changed now, either up or down.

Helmet - $900
Chest Armor - $400
Chestbox base - $200
Chestbox straps - $100
Gloves - $50
Boots - $100
Shin Guards - $50
Codpiece - $200
Belt - $25
Belt Buckle - $25
Belt Boxes - $100

Grand total $2,700.

Was it hung about a mannequin?

Helmet - $900
Chest Armor - $400
Chestbox base - $200
Chestbox straps - $100
Gloves - $50
Boots - $100
Shin Guards - $50
Codpiece - $200
Belt - $25
Belt Buckle - $25
Belt Boxes - $100

Grand total $2,700.

And that's not including a mannequin or materials to build a form, is it?

I'd rather save $3000 or even more and get a life-size Vader or trooper, than pay over $2000 and have a 1:3 statue, no matter how cool it is. A 1:1 item will always be more impressive than any scaled statue, mini-bust, figure, or even prop replica or helmet by its own. The only thing that goes closer to 1:1 armor on mannequin IMO, is a studio scale ship or vehicle like the MR Falcon or AT-AT which are very impressive by their sheer size and design. All others are very cool, but far from being that impressive.

Back