Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some photoshop pics on another site of what this "could have been" with some minor adjustments and am consequently rethinking my decision to purchase it.

Link please :monkey3

Alsjeblieft !

Comparison-and-Adjustments.jpg

picture courtesy of cking

I would say the Endo and then this ESB Vader are CM's best.

I wasn't blown away on this, it does look overly bulky and his outfit looked a bit baggy...Also, I wasn't impressed with the Shaw head sculpt. I do love the light-up saber and chestplate, the sheer size of this statue and the Vader helmet..

My favs...
1. Endo
2. Reeve Superman...
3. Bruce Lee

I made a point to go see it at SDCC and was very unimpressed. I was unsure of why you would have the other head sculpts, they make ZERO sense on that pose.

Is the saber with LED's like the Force FX versions or more like a neon, like the Gentle Giant ROTS Chrome Vader statue?

Looks pretty silly with the Shaw portrait on. And from that angle, I'm really not liking the pose. He looks bowlegged.

Yeah, those pics do more harm than good. The Shaw portrait looks awful on the piece... can't imagine many would use it anyway, but looks pretty ridiculous.

And the pose does look kind of awkward, would have preferred seeing the iconic "I am your father" pose over this interpretive one.

Yeah, those pics do more harm than good. The Shaw portrait looks awful on the piece... can't imagine many would use it anyway, but looks pretty ridiculous.

And the pose does look kind of awkward, would have preferred seeing the iconic "I am your father" pose over this interpretive one.

I personally think the Shaw portrait is kinda cool... interesting to see that when he's not about to kick off.

The pose does look off. I think it's the legs. It looks like he's doing some kind of interpretive dance.

I think alot of companies now are making the mistake of doing "interpretive" poses...most collectors want iconic poses..but noone is giving them to us...wtf

I think alot of companies now are making the mistake of doing "interpretive" poses...most collectors want iconic poses..but noone is giving them to us...wtf

I can understand it from an artistic standpoint, I'm sure the artists don't want to be given a picture and say "do this", they'd rather put their own stamp on a piece. The problem is we tend to end up with either 1) a slightly "tweaked" version of an iconic pose, which often doesn't work, or 2) a completely unique pose that doesn't fit the character.

Back