Chronicles of Riddick 3 in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the first. Wasn't too crazy about the second. I'm curious as to the plot of this one.

Logo and some info:

"Been pulling 14-hour days trying to finish RIDDICK. My typical day starts at 9am with intensive visual effects meetings, sweating out the details of our 900 VFX shots. Then I jet across town to the mix stage, Soundelux, where I supervise the sound, balancing out the often-competing elements of music, sound fx, sound design, and dialog. At night I hit the lab, Technicolor in Hollywood, staying until midnight to do “DI work” — color-correction of the movie. This is where David Eggby and I have one last chance to get the images right, dropping in grads and power windows to finesse what we shot on set. It’s a great tool, the Digital Intermediate. Kind of like Photoshop for movies. Gotta love it. Gotta love the challenge of bringing it all home."

1Fon5.jpg

And Karl Urban back as Vaako!

riddick-karl-urban.jpg

Is this headed to SyFy? :lol

Kiss my grits, honky!

gotta say, I loved Pitch Black when it hit; saw CoR when it hit and my reaction was pretty much, "WTF were they thinking!" I've come to really like it more over the years - way more than originally

So, gotta say pumped for 3, glad Karl Urban is back......does the man age slower than most, or is it just me?

:slap don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Kiss my grits, honky!

gotta say, I loved Pitch Black when it hit; saw CoR when it hit and my reaction was pretty much, "WTF were they thinking!" I've come to really like it more over the years - way more than originally

So, gotta say pumped for 3, glad Karl Urban is back......does the man age slower than most, or is it just me?

Look, dorks, I've seen ST:TNG episodes that looked better than this is shaping up to be. :(

Look, dorks, I've seen ST:TNG episodes that looked better than this is shaping up to be. :(

They are nerds and you're a sarge going based on your avatar. Tear their heads off and insert it into their bum holes and be done with it already! :lecture

hehehehe

*runs away from the thread* :panic:

Seeing that Karl Urban is back really brings my intrest in this project up alot. I enjoyed Pitch Black alot and i was really excited for Riddick When it came out, i played the Game and watched the animated movie, i was excited, it had its moments but didnt really do much for me in the long run, hopefully this ones better.

I liked PB and CoR...We can only hope this will be in the same league!

LOL, hey, that was a great show in the day!!!! (discounting Wesley crusher centric ones, natually)

I'm really hoping this turns out better than the sequel. The first was badass and the second seemed too much like a vanity project for Vinny to prove what we'd already learned in the first one about Riddick without having it shoveled into our brains.

Karl Urban was the best part of CoR. PB was kick__ and very low budget. Twohy was making a small film and Diesel was not known very well as it was a year before F & F. CoR, while I liked it to a degree, was full of all the excess that comes with Diesel being at his peak back then. From everything I've read, the budget on this is smaller, the movie was shot like PB and if anything, should resemble PB more than CoR, even if they try to bring in some mythology.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3214511/take-a-wet-ride-with-riddick-in-this-new-still/

" Universal Pictures’ Riddick reteams Pitch Black director David Twohy with star Vin Diesel as the title character of the sci-fi trilogy. And, as is his routine at this point, Diesel has released a new still from the film himself.

In it, “Diesel reprises his role as the antihero Riddick, a dangerous, escaped convict wanted by every bounty hunter in the known galaxy. The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty.

The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.”

Head inside for a better look. Riddick hits theaters on September 6th, 2013. "

Riddick_Still_1_21_13.jpg

PB was a solid little movie. The second movie had lots of story problems, but I loved the art design. The Necromongers were badass. Too bad there wasn't a better film to feature them.

Starbuck is in this one so I hope it's decent.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3220210/finally-a-riddick-image-thats-not-brown/

While I enjoy Vin Diesel’s Facebook image updates for Riddick, they’ve been a bit monochromatic. Now he breaks up the brown look with a bit of blue in this new image from the David Twohy directed sequel due in theaters September 6 from Universal. Diesel writes, “It has been 9 years since the Chronicles of Riddick was released… all along I knew I would eventually have to return to that dark place, the mind of an Alpha Furyan…”

Karl Urban, Nolan Funk, Jordi Molla, Matt Nable, Katee Sackhoff, Bokeem Woodbine, Dave Bautista, Conrad Pla, Raoul Trujillo, Nolan Funk and Keri Hilson fill the cast in which “Diesel reprises his role as the antihero Riddick, a dangerous, escaped convict wanted by every bounty hunter in the known galaxy. The infamous Riddick has been left for dead on a sun-scorched planet that appears to be lifeless. Soon, however, he finds himself fighting for survival against alien predators more lethal than any human he’s encountered. The only way off is for Riddick to activate an emergency beacon and alert mercenaries who rapidly descend to the planet in search of their bounty. The first ship to arrive carries a new breed of merc, more lethal and violent, while the second is captained by a man whose pursuit of Riddick is more personal. With time running out and a storm on the horizon that no one could survive, his hunters won’t leave the planet without Riddick’s head as their trophy.”

Riddick_Pic_2_22_13.jpg

Back