Chronicle Collectibles Conan the Barbarian 1/4 King Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just announced, edition size reduced to 300.

My opinion....
When Legend of Conan hits theaters, this will go up in value.

Ouch. Guess sales were much lower than expected.
It was always a risk. Its a big piece and a big price for what is a single short epilogue scene.

I don't think Legend of Conan will help, if anything it will hurt IMO
Because every Arnie/Conan company will make old King Conan statues from the new movie and he will likely look quite different than from the original epilogue scene.

Ouch. Guess sales were much lower than expected.
It was always a risk. Its a big piece and a big price for what is a single short epilogue scene.

I don't think Legend of Conan will help, if anything it will hurt IMO
Because every Arnie/Conan company will make old King Conan statues from the new movie and he will likely look quite different than from the original epilogue scene.

:exactly:

If the movie ever gets made,it's always in the backburner.

There's that too. I'm sure Genisys hurt the possibilities ever so slightly as well. Arnold might not be a big box office success like he used to be.

Conan is a famous character, and one that has a strong niche of dedicated fans, but he's just not a very saleable character. Never has been. Companies keep trying, partly I suspect because they sometimes mistake fame for marketability, but even though there have been some great Conan statues over the years, none of them sell quickly or in huge numbers. Never have done. And I say this as one of those dedicated Conan fans, over a great many years.

CS Moore, Hard Hero, Moebius, McFarlane, Dynamic Forces, Dark Horse, Neca, Sideshow, Quarantine, ARH, and now PCS and Chronicle, amongst others, have all taken big tilts at Conan collectibles over the years, which while great for us Conan fans, has rarely paid off financially to any significant degree for any of them from what I could see. If they're fortunate, they do well enough to be worth doing, and some of them certainly put out some great and worthy pieces, but no one is making a fortune off doing Conan, and they often seem to me to be best served when they are passion projects done in the hopes of slightly bettering the break even point, with only a modest run produced, rather than being made in high numbers with the hopes of huge financial success as their reward. Because no matter how good, or even great, they are, they're extremely unlikely to achieve the latter. Objectively speaking, I don't think anyone really has, yet.

It will be interesting to see how PCS and Chronicle both fare, given that they face not only the niche marketability of Conan in general, but that they do so at a much higher price point than usual. Being based on the movie will actually play to their favour, widening their reach beyond more than just the established and traditional Conan fans and collectors, but to just what degree will be interesting to see. And will it be enough to overcome the traditional Conan collectors that are lost by such an increased price point? Interesting days ahead for both companies, and I wish them the best of luck.

So true, Ex-P.
Same scenario with the Albion swords...passion project with low profit. I had no hesitaton dropping 3K on an Atlantian sword, but I am a hard core fan and will buy anything Conan related.
It's my favorite film of all time and very special to me and my childhood.
There are fans like me, just not a lot of them sadly.

So true, Ex-P.
Same scenario with the Albion swords...passion project with low profit. I had no hesitaton dropping 3K on an Atlantian sword, but I am a hard core fan and will buy anything Conan related.
It's my favorite film of all time and very special to me and my childhood.
There are fans like me, just not a lot of them sadly.

I'm with you. I remember watching the film when I was 6 years old. It definitely left an impression on me and my love for fantasy in general.

Which is kind of odd. They never give any updates on products either. When was the last time they said anything about the 1/4 endoskeleton? Or the 1/2 Terminator bust for that matter? But they have no problems sharing more behind the scenes/work in progress pictures of upcoming pre-orders. They seem to be taking on more than they can handle.

"-The 1/2 Terminator bust will ship in April.
-The 1/2 Terminator bust ships in May.

-We're having the 1:1 endoskeletons built here in the U.S. to ensure quality
-moving the production of the 1:1 endos to China

-The 1:4 endoskeleton will have a chrome plated finish
-Sorry guys the 1/4 endos will now have the same finish as our 1:1 bust

-We are doing a limited run of our Guardian T-800's and Arnold has agreed to sign plaques
-Sorry guys we couldn't come to terms due to Arnolds schedule
"

The 1/2 BD Terminator bust will now ship mid-late June.

Gotta love CC.

Speaking of Conan swords, I bought one from Museum Replicas and need a good way to mount it. Any ideas?

sword_of_conan_framed_zps104a1a14.jpg
Floating with counter balance at the hilt.This is the way I'm planning to do it if I ever can figure the way to do it.But with both swords against each other.

Speaking of Conan swords, I bought one from Museum Replicas and need a good way to mount it. Any ideas?

Sorry to go off topic for a second,...
I'm not a fan of plaques or anything that distracts from the swors. I used Tornado hooks from Home depot. I cut off the orange rubber, trimmed down with a dremmel, painted to match the sword then wrapped in cord and leather....
Racor-Wall-Storage-Hook-U-Shape.jpg
Photo_2016-06-02_03-28-34_PM.jpg
2016-06-02 15.30.13.jpg

Looks awesome! Thing is, I have a sandstone fireplace and am afraid to drill into it.

Looks awesome! Thing is, I have a sandstone fireplace and am afraid to drill into it.

I agree, I wouldn't recommend drilling into sandstone either!
You need a stand to set on the mantle it seems?

Hah, I deserved the "Google" remark. But what I meant, I suppose, is whether there's something specific for those Conan swords. And Museum Replicas doesn't seem to have anything.

I'll have to keep looking around!

Oh,got it. The Google comment was not a put down,lol.
There are no specific conan stands other than the one Marto made years ago. That is a wall mount so it wouldn't help you.
Best of luck!

Back