Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grim stuff indeed, and something that could conceivably happen to any of us who pre-order and pay in advance for various products pretty much anywhere. We never really know how secure any company or retailer's financials are, how well run the business side is or isn't, and if some unforeseen emergency might hit and derail everything all of a sudden. We all pretty much just roll the dice and hope for the best.

I sincerely wish the best of luck to anyone caught up in this. You know things are dark when you start to secretly hope that they were 'only' hacked instead...although the longer there's radio silence the more it seems like this sadly might well be a 'worst case scenario' situation. Hope not, but...

I already called my credit card company and start the dispute process. I would do it asap....theres no way we are getting refunds. There would have been communication.

Did you have to identify all the individual payments and dates or just say any charges from Chronicle Collectibles?

I have 3 different orders but some of the payment plans were split up to as many as 7 months.

Is there any proof you need to provide about Chronicle being out of business?

I paid off all my orders so I never received that cancellation email. Seems like there is a lot of warning signings that this forum had uncovered, but no smoking gun proof I can point to that Chronicle has officially gone under - not yet at least, perhaps more news this week.

So I only had to look with them at what the payments and dates were. They said they will mail me with any other correspondence. From a family member he said it will take a week. Also, the main proof is that i was never mailed the item I was paying for. He said they will ask them for proof that they sent it and when there is none I will get a refund.

They keep reading my facebook messages, and keep ignoring. I mean damn, Chronicle, I can see the time stamp it was read

Apparently one of the co-owners has been selling some of the Chronicle Collectible stuff under a new company with different names, claiming it was made there and not under Chronicle, just shady as hell.

One of the co-owners twitter had a tweet that said ''Companies come and go, talent lasts forever....'' and he posted a picture of Homelander lol. Yeah, you're a real talent you piece of ****. I hope you enjoyed all our money! Apparently they've been using our money to prop themselves up with no intention of delivering the goods, least that is what people are saying.

They set their company up so they can't have their personal assets seized, yeah, protect yourself when you're stealing from 100's of people. Hell, people have reported they were shown closing up shop over a month ago, YET YOU KEPT TAKING OUR PAYMENTS!

PIECES OF ****.

They hired a guy for their President who committed millions of Medical fraud and was convicted. Chronicle was like ''hey, lets hire this guy''

I hope people follow them to what ever new company they make or work for and don't follow for their crap again.

Guys in charge of Chronicle....**** YOU. You are pieces of ****. You can't blame Covid for this, you were screwing people over for quite awhile. Lying about shipping dates what products were being made. People were warning others about this in Aug of 2019 and you guys tried to say those people were liars.

Well, they're justified now.

Just glad that I?m getting my money back thanks to my CC company.

That's great man. I hope it turns out like this for most of us. I call my bank tomorrow, I'm not to optimistic but we'll see. As you can tell by my posts, I'm pretty bitter right now lol.

That's great man. I hope it turns out like this for most of us. I call my bank tomorrow, I'm not to optimistic but we'll see. As you can tell by my posts, I'm pretty bitter right now lol.

You have every right to be heated.

Now they said they will credit me the full amount I paid, but it would still be under investigation. But I think my chances of keeping my money are pretty good considering that they are no longer in business.

Wow this sucks, no idea they were in such trouble. I mean there's been a million toy and statue companies getting by some way during this pandemic but they're totally out of it?

So it looks like we're royally F-U-C-K-ED especially if we used store credit right? Unfortunately I had the 1/6 raptor on PO but payed most of it off with store credit :slap

Theres about $100 that I might be able to get chargeback with CC company. Wishing you guys in the same boat all the luck and fortitude. These slimeballs are not gonna get away with it.

So it looks like we're royally F-U-C-K-ED especially if we used store credit right? Unfortunately I had the 1/6 raptor on PO but payed most of it off with store credit :slap

Theres about $100 that I might be able to get chargeback with CC company. Wishing you guys in the same boat all the luck and fortitude. These slimeballs are not gonna get away with it.

I had the raptor breakout on order and it was going to be my first statue back after a 10 year hiatus after having sold all mine. It looked good but I'm glad now not to be giving any more hard earned money to shady people.

I paid in full for the Syd Mead Blaster back in 2017. Their recent newsletter said this had finished production but shipping delays were keeping it delayed. Ironically, I no longer have the credit card I used - so I can't request a charge back.

It'll be interesting to see how long BBTS keeps their Chronicle pre-orders up.

Typically, they don't take listings down until they receive notice from the manufacturer. So if the manufacturer isn't around to give notice ... it's Schrodinger's Pre-Order.

That's what it's seeming like. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I doubt they'll even answer calls Monday. They haven't hardly answered calls or emails for months before this happened, so I imagine we'll just be ignored. Then again, I could be wrong but there is no reason why they can't do a single facebook post about this. Sounds like they're millions in debt and if that's true, there is no way they're going to refund us.

I'm contacting my bank first thing Monday morning and seeing what I can do, I think you should do the same, at least to see what our options are.

I noticed they are an LLC. Which as far as I remember, means they can't have their personal assets ceased by creditors, only the company can be ceased. I know it wouldn't happen but they should be made to give us a statue or something worth what they owe us if they can't pay us. I love how they're covered but we're ****ed.

Now, again if I'm wrong, I'll eat my words and apologize to them but it's not looking good.

I ordered a moducase for this thing too and can't get a refund..... lovely

tenor.gif

The term limited liability is a bit misleading, LLC or inc the owners are not liable for business obligations. Of course it doesn't mean they are free and clear. Fraud, if any is determined, would be to specific people, and losing a company does not mean they aren't financially hurting (since it generally has a lot of their funds and at the very least their jobs on the line with it).

I paid in full for the Syd Mead Blaster back in 2017. Their recent newsletter said this had finished production but shipping delays were keeping it delayed. Ironically, I no longer have the credit card I used - so I can't request a charge back.

I had the raptor breakout on order and it was going to be my first statue back after a 10 year hiatus after having sold all mine. It looked good but I'm glad now not to be giving any more hard earned money to shady people.

No words, thats brutal. So angry about this all, combined with disappointment. I defer to the members more versed in legal issues, but is there a possibility of uniting in some kind of class action lawsuit?

Should I try calling their offices? Even though there have been reports that the building is vacant.

Should I try calling their offices? Even though there have been reports that the building is vacant.

The scum disconnected their phones some are saying now. I called and no one answered but maybe they've been disconnected now.

I talked to Visa since my debt card is through Visa. They can give me 6 months of my money back smh. That will be around $600 maybe out of $1400.

They told me to try my bank to see if they can further back.

**** I hate Chronicle Collectibles..... piece of **** scum.

Also, apparently the pieces of filth scum are still selling on Ebay and selling off what they have.

Wait so they were still actively collecting payments while knowing full well that they were going out of business.

Savage.

Yes, that is where potential fraud comes in. It's one thing if they just went under all of a sudden, but if it could be proved that they knew they were failing to the point of closure or chapter 11 bankruptcy and still collecting money for unproduced product, then that is most definitely fraud.
And scummy...

Back