Christopher Walken (Near completion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletchirwin

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Im finally moving on to a new headsculpt and I'm determined to get it spot on even if it takes the rest of my life.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Perseverence

I was thinking Walken as well... so if it is congrats! If not, just lie and at least 2 of us will be impressed :lol

I'm getting a Christopher Walken vibe, but the eyes are off. Who are you shooting for?

Yep, its Walken. I'm not leaving it until i think its 100% acurate.

I was thinking Walken as well... so if it is congrats! If not, just lie and at least 2 of us will be impressed
:lol

Haha, not lying, its meant to be Walken.

This is looking very nice, but, despite your best intentions the sculpey your using is really not gonna help you. It's semi transparent and real soft - very difficult to sculpt smaller scaled things with. I would recommend gray sculpey for future heads!

Keep bashing your way at this one though - I am sure you will get there :)

Thanks for the advice and I'm all too aware now that I should have gone with the grey. I've got about a dozen aborted Walken headsculpts and I've even started one using grey/firm sculpt but this one is a closer likeness.

This is looking very nice, but, despite your best intentions the sculpey your using is really not gonna help you. It's semi transparent and real soft - very difficult to sculpt smaller scaled things with. I would recommend gray sculpey for future heads!

Keep bashing your way at this one though - I am sure you will get there :)

Thanks for the advice and I'm all too aware now that I should have gone with the grey. I've got about a dozen aborted Walken headsculpts and I've even started one using grey/firm sculpt but this one is a closer likeness.

I like to use a 50/50 mix of firm and super; kind of gives the best of both products.

But having said that, you'r skills are definitely here. I can totally see Walken in both you've posted.

I like to use a 50/50 mix of firm and super; kind of gives the best of both products.

But having said that, you'r skills are definitely here. I can totally see Walken in both you've posted.

You crazy b&£#% mixing sculpy, who would think of ...... Good idea, will try that next time.

If your gonna lern to sculpt try wax its far superior to sculpty.

You crazy b&£#% mixing sculpy, who would think of ...... Good idea, will try that next time.

Yeah, it really made a difference as it was still pretty easy to work with (I found firm to crumbly and "firm" :lol) but the Super was almost too solt and the color made it difficult to notice tooling marks and fingerprints. But combined it's a pretty good medium.

Yeah, it really made a difference as it was still pretty easy to work with (I found firm to crumbly and "firm" :lol) but the Super was almost too solt and the color made it difficult to notice tooling marks and fingerprints. But combined it's a pretty good medium.

Hmm interesting never tried using grey, but the pink is a pain in the rass.

That is a good likeness can defo see walken in there fletch.:)

This is the exact problem I was having with both firm and sculpey.
With the firm trying to detail for me became a nightmare , it seemed to crumble despite being relatively softish. Super as you say was too soft to detail with. I have been tempted to try sculpting with Wax as mentioned above but maybe mixing materials is the way to go.

Back