Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People keep bringing up that Blitway, but they used a combination of Poly with the PVC...completely different than what SS did with MoS.

I strongly agree with your first point, the pricing should be much less if its going to be a plastic PF.

I strongly suspect you are onto something that it will be the CR figure that is plastic, with a poly base. Same as MoS.

They already had to lower the ES on this. Man has SS dropped the ball here. Should have been a home run instead of next years Spook discount item.

Hey buddy, my bad on the Blitzway headsculpt...i assumed that they were using the same PVS style material :) would be a nice thought though cos Reeve's likeness really needs to be spot on in my opinion and not resemble his stunt double! ;)

I think Sideshow knew that this PVC issue would cause Pandamonium, hence why they've left it so late in the day to come out with it :( i also believe that they were counting on there being a lot of die hard Reeve Supes fans out there to order this piece due to the fact that there isn't another official Reeve Supeman 1/4 Scale collectible on the market (and who knows if there will ever be one again?) i know I've been waiting for this piece since i started collecting as Reeve for me is the DEFINITIVE Superman in my eyes...

a lot is riding on this piece for me and it needs to be spot on for me to keep it...I'm already hating the black chess piece base so this PVC situation is all added pressure :lol :lol

On another note, despite a number of people who have been disappointed with the MOS Supes PF, I've also seen a number of owners who are actually really happy with how he came out!!! I'm sure we'll hear the same thing for the Reeve PF too :exactly:

Hey buddy, my bad on the Blitzway headsculpt...i assumed that they were using the same PVS style material :) would be a nice thought though cos Reeve's likeness really needs to be spot on in my opinion and not resemble his stunt double! ;)

I think Sideshow knew that this PVC issue would cause Pandamonium, hence why they've left it so late in the day to come out with it :( i also believe that they were counting on there being a lot of die hard Reeve Supes fans out there to order this piece due to the fact that there isn't another official Reeve Supeman 1/4 Scale collectible on the market (and who knows if there will ever be one again?) i know I've been waiting for this piece since i started collecting as Reeve for me is the DEFINITIVE Superman in my eyes...

a lot is riding on this piece for me and it needs to be spot on for me to keep it...I'm already hating the black chess piece base so this PVC situation is all added pressure :lol :lol

On another note, despite a number of people who have been disappointed with the MOS Supes PF, I've also seen a number of owners who are actually really happy with how he came out!!! I'm sure we'll hear the same thing for the Reeve PF too :exactly:

Well the head may be similar to the Lee, but its the rest of the body where Blitway used a PVC skin over poly that to me, says quality. I only see short cuts with SS approach.

I hope the Reeve PF proves everyone wrong and that it looks amazing. The material choices reinforce my notion that they way overshot on the price, but am still hoping it is a quality collectible.

If this PF is PVC it's basically the smoking gun for sideshow. They have the comic superman PF which is identical in every way sitting right there on order.

Alex mentioned on the other forum that the base and body are poly, the head is PVC. Not sure how they are going to pull that off given the way the piece is sculpted. And if they are dipping their toes in PVC to capture a better likeness and more realistic details in the head sculpt, I'm not seeing that translated in their attempt with the MoS PF. Only time will tell I suppose how this will play out. I don't mind aspects of a costume to be in plastic. That's what mixed media is all about. But I want my bodies poly and I would prefer the heads to be poly as well, until Sideshow can prove they can achieve the detail in PVC on the level seen in Blitzway, Enterbay and HT. Personally, I like my statues poly. Just a preference in material. If I wanted PVC I'd stick with figures.

Alex mentioned on the other forum that the base and body are poly, the head is PVC. Not sure how they are going to pull that off given the way the piece is sculpted. And if they are dipping their toes in PVC to capture a better likeness and more realistic details in the head sculpt, I'm not seeing that translated in their attempt with the MoS PF. Only time will tell I suppose how this will play out. I don't mind aspects of a costume to be in plastic. That's what mixed media is all about. But I want my bodies poly and I would prefer the heads to be poly as well, until Sideshow can prove they can achieve the detail in PVC on the level seen in Blitzway, Enterbay and HT. Personally, I like my statues poly. Just a preference in material. If I wanted PVC I'd stick with figures.

6K71ww.jpg

I'm not seeing the difference between the production and prototype, which I'm assuming was poly. Perhaps the details are more evident in hand. But I do see the differences in the suit, so kudos to Sideshow for that improvement. We can only speculate why they produced the entire body in PVC. Maybe they couldn't produce the head separately the way it's presented. I'm really curious now how they are going to pull off the Reeves PF.

I'm not seeing the difference between the production and prototype, which I'm assuming was poly. Perhaps the details are more evident in hand. But I do see the differences in the suit, so kudos to Sideshow for that improvement. We can only speculate why they produced the entire body in PVC. Maybe they couldn't produce the head separately the way it's presented. I'm really curious now how they are going to pull off the Reeves PF.

Ah, I see your point. I was thinking that (like so many others who by and large don't have the MoS piece in hand) you were suggesting that the PVC degraded the portrait compared to the polystone proto. Notwithstanding the absolutely SUPERIOR paint job on the proto, I think the MoS piece made a pretty commendable transition from proto to production. But I'd have to agree with you that the use of the PVC cetainly didn't give the MoS PF a Hot Toys level skin reproduction. Then again, I think this has EVERYTHING to do with the paint apps.

Yeah, I saw Alex's post on Statue Forum & I'm actually surprised that it appears that the body is made of polystone seeing as how that is likely to make the statue quite heavy. I felt, for sure, that the body would be made from PVC just because of his in-flight pose being supported by one leg. :dunno

Ah, I see your point. I was thinking that (like so many others who by and large don't have the MoS piece in hand) you were suggesting that the PVC degraded the portrait compared to the polystone proto. Notwithstanding the absolutely SUPERIOR paint job on the proto, I think the MoS piece made a pretty commendable transition from proto to production. But I'd have to agree with you that the use of the PVC cetainly didn't give the MoS PF a Hot Toys level skin reproduction. Then again, I think this has EVERYTHING to do with the paint apps.

I agree with you regarding the sculpt. It's there, but the paint apps are not. And until Sideshow can get that figured out, I don't think it will matter what material they use. I was thinking that this may be their answer to the intrinsic resin issue they were having with the LSFs. Collectors want dead-on likenesses and realism these days. I definitely want to see how this plays out with future PFs.

People keep bringing up that Blitway, but they used a combination of Poly with the PVC...completely different than what SS did with MoS.

I strongly agree with your first point, the pricing should be much less if its going to be a plastic PF.

I strongly suspect you are onto something that it will be the CR figure that is plastic, with a poly base. Same as MoS.

They already had to lower the ES on this. Man has SS dropped the ball here. Should have been a home run instead of next years Spook discount item.

Why should the statue be cheaper with PVC? Hot Toys are made with plastic and their 1/4 scale figures cost more than SS 1/4 scale polystone statues :dunno

Yeah, I saw Alex's post on Statue Forum & I'm actually surprised that it appears that the body is made of polystone seeing as how that is likely to make the statue quite heavy. I felt, for sure, that the body would be made from PVC just because of his in-flight pose being supported by one leg. :dunno

Could be egg shell hollow from the shoulders down to the shin. And solid with a metal peg, shin down.

Why should the statue be cheaper with PVC? Hot Toys are made with plastic and their 1/4 scale figures cost more than SS 1/4 scale polystone statues :dunno

I should charge you a royalty fee for using my argument. But, it's true. I don't see anything wrong with PVC.

I agree with you regarding the sculpt. It's there, but the paint apps are not. And until Sideshow can get that figured out, I don't think it will matter what material they use. I was thinking that this may be their answer to the intrinsic resin issue they were having with the LSFs. Collectors want dead-on likenesses and realism these days. I definitely want to see how this plays out with future PFs.

Yes, HT has set the bar very high for likeness. Especially since SS using similar/same material.

So the value on these babys just went up? That's a good few ounces of plastic gold.

bd06d81ee4af5b5051a951f8c09d880a.jpg

Oh FFS!

Hot toys require a much higher degree of engineering for all the joints. Because of this, the prices also have to reflect the R & D that went into making the product. HT gives you a hell of a lot more out of the package in the form of switch out parts and accessories (you know, to play with your plastic AF). Also, HT produces a level of detail unmatched by anything SS is doing (and I like SS an awful lot).

Also, HT seems to have dropped (I/E, stopped making) anything in the 1/4 scale.

Now, maybe none of you shop at Wal-Mart, but plastic is not exactly rare or all that expensive a material.

But you know what, if your happy with it, buy it.

My ex waitlist will turn into a live order by tomorrow.....many doubts after reading this thread....any pointers? I'm in doubt: I've just received Supes PF Ex (from comic), and it's outstanding...so does it make sense to buy another Superman (this superman?)? Hard to take a decision...

My ex waitlist will turn into a live order by tomorrow.....many doubts after reading this thread....any pointers? I'm in doubt: I've just received Supes PF Ex (from comic), and it's outstanding...so does it make sense to buy another Superman (this superman?)? Hard to take a decision...

You probably got my cancelled one, I called in a few days ago. :lol And I thought about whether or not it made sense to get another Superman as well. Unless youre an obsessive compulsive superman collector that collects anything and everything superman related, I dont think its really necessary. And as much as Im a CR fan, I can't settle for pvc, nor the awkward pose and the subpar resemblence. Im sure we'll get another one down the line. Maybe not anytime soon, but there will be another one made by either sideshow or another company. For now you got the best Superman statue ever made. Admire it in all its glory. :bow

Back