Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I can't explain myself clear:))!! First Hot Toys never says they don't use PVC in their products! LOL Secondly if Sideshow can produce superior likeness and top-notch paint application like Hot Toys, gives so many accessories and really high-end fabric-clothes then NO PROBLEM! How can you compare Hot Toys likeness glory with Sideshow?

batman14scalehottoys001.jpg

:lecture That's probably why SS hasn't made a 1:4 Batman movie statue yet.

No one complained about the Hot Toys 1/4 scale Batman that turned out awesome. How is this any different? PVC is awesome imo.

Yeah, I saw the 1/4 PVC Batman at my LCS and I thought it looked terrible. Like a big plastic toy! Been sitting there for months. If that's your thing fine but in no way does it compare to SS Batman 1/4 comic PF.

if collectors want SS PVC figure (not statue), I believe most of them would prefer HT since the figures are at least articulated....PVC statue in a single pose = double size Koto PVC figure.... I just bought a dragonball PVC statue 1/7 scale and I paid $70 with shipping.
The PVC looks great in photo and under strong studio light... otherwise it looks quite "plastic" without backdrop or light beams...
Hopefully SS only use PVC in movie statues....
As first I thought SS use PVC only in those transparent parts on weapons or base but it may not be that case any more.

Just cancelled and had my deposit transferred to QOTD. I just dont have room or the money to collect PVC statues. I also have to be more selective from now on of what I purchase with the growing prices and unregulated QC, so sideshow just made it easier to save. Congrats to the next guy with the WL conversion.

I guess I can't explain myself clear:))!! First Hot Toys never says they don't use PVC in their products! LOL Secondly if Sideshow can produce superior likeness and top-notch paint application like Hot Toys, gives so many accessories and really high-end fabric-clothes then NO PROBLEM! How can you compare Hot Toys likeness glory with Sideshow?

batman14scalehottoys001.jpg

Not that I don't agree with you, but, if you're going to make a point, I'd suggest doing it with the amazing final product that is the 1/4 scale TDKR Batman, rather than the awful prototype:
537033_597287303642935_1020717668_n.jpg

934006_589220924473235_986039404_n.jpg

All I know is had the headsculpt looked more like this I would've been the first to order...

Kim_Reeve.jpg

I just emailed them inquiring about how much of this piece is made of PVC. If it's parts of the base, then I don't really care, but if it's any of the body or the entire base, then it's total bull.

Guys, I have to say....I'm not at all phased by the fact that Sideshow are now using this 'PVC' plastic on their PF's other than the fact that maybe using this material should mean us collectors are required to pay less maybe than a normal PF?

We still are in the dark as to what areas of the Reeve Supes PF will have this PVC plastic...I'm leaning more towards the body and possibly the headsculpt, purely down to the fact that the way the body is posed in mid air (requiring for the sculpt to be as lightweight as possible?) If it is indeed the headsculpt then I'm assuming this PVC material is a much better platform to achieve better likeness or extra realism and details when compared to that of a polystone version? I'm taking into consideration the job Blitzway did with their Bruce Lee 1/3 GOD statue where I believe the headsculpt was made from the very same PVC plastic?

Either way, unlike some...I'm actually not too worried about the situation and still looking forward to receiving this awesome piece. At the end of the day, if its not upto scratch then it will just get returned for a full refund hassle free...and life will go on.

Guys, I have to say....I'm not at all phased by the fact that Sideshow are now using this 'PVC' plastic on their PF's other than the fact that maybe using this material should mean us collectors are required to pay less maybe than a normal PF?

We still are in the dark as to what areas of the Reeve Supes PF will have this PVC plastic...I'm leaning more towards the body and possibly the headsculpt, purely down to the fact that the way the body is posed in mid air (requiring for the sculpt to be as lightweight as possible?) If it is indeed the headsculpt then I'm assuming this PVC material is a much better platform to achieve better likeness or extra realism and details when compared to that of a polystone version? I'm taking into consideration the job Blitzway did with their Bruce Lee 1/3 GOD statue where I believe the headsculpt was made from the very same PVC plastic?

Either way, unlike some...I'm actually not too worried about the situation and still looking forward to receiving this awesome piece. At the end of the day, if its not upto scratch then it will just get returned for a full refund hassle free...and life will go on.

People keep bringing up that Blitway, but they used a combination of Poly with the PVC...completely different than what SS did with MoS.

I strongly agree with your first point, the pricing should be much less if its going to be a plastic PF.

I strongly suspect you are onto something that it will be the CR figure that is plastic, with a poly base. Same as MoS.

They already had to lower the ES on this. Man has SS dropped the ball here. Should have been a home run instead of next years Spook discount item.

Back