Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

How else would most of you guys preferred to have seen this Reeves PF posed and what base would have been totally killer? Fortress of Solitude Base with light up feature? On top of Daily Planet building? Picking flowers pose as seen in Superman 2 before he beds Lois Lane? :lol I think I'd like to have had him posed in flight holding the good old stars and stripes flag :rock

On top of Daily Planet would of been cool but I would never of bought it anyway. Not much of a fan of the Reeves Superman :D

On top of Daily Planet would of been cool but I would never of bought it anyway. Not much of a fan of the Reeves Superman :D

Mmm daily planet I would've preferred.

Or what about Superman posed with the very sexy Miss Tessmacher :rock :rock with the EX being the wet blouse look HELL YEA!!!:rock

A Daily Planet base would be nice. Maybe a future Superman statue will have that base.

Or what about Superman posed with the very sexy Miss Tessmacher :rock :rock with the EX being the wet blouse look HELL YEA!!!:rock

Instant sold out :lol

Oxie Doxie - Water under the bridge :)

Cool... Again sorry for the snarkiness you didn't deserve it.

I feel like buying this just cause no one wants it lol. Guys there are goods and bads to this but in the end this is it. There won't be one for a long time, IF they even revisit it. And for those that are these "Super" fans and that have waited so long for a perfect Superman and are complaining about other versions being better; why didnt you buy those? When newer versions by other companies are made, will you compare this and say how amazing the Sideshow one is and how different there pose is to all thise other more "iconic" ones. Lol that word alone is a joke. What's iconic is the character and the man who played him. This is not a scene per film maybe but it's Christopher Reeve as Superman the character on film. Not Cristopher Reeve playing Superman the character, playing Christopher Reeve playing superman lol. Its like the Batman nod but more special to ppl because it's older?(edit* and before anyone gets defensive im just trolling) Lol like Josh said and SSC has said you dont have to buy it. Im not getting it because I dont love it but at the end of the day, me complaining about it isnt really going to change the fact that It's been made

Sent from the Bat Computer

I thought I was the only one who had that against the grain mentality sometimes..... Jokes.

how ever will the interwebs go on? :rolleyes2

I was wondering the same thing

I had no idea how ridiculously tall this is?!? Wow...kinda cool but might be too tall in fact.

He is going to be as tall at the top as Gladiator Hulk and almost as tall as Galactus. It IS rediculous, BUT maybe they didn't want him to look tiny next to the Comic PF.

Silent majority :panic: :wave

I doubt it, but in the end if this turns out the way the guys who like it want it to, I am pretty sure there will be a lot of late converts. I see why people are concerned, but to me there are far more great parts then bad.

How else would most of you guys preferred to have seen this Reeves PF posed and what base would have been totally killer? Fortress of Solitude Base with light up feature? On top of Daily Planet building? Picking flowers pose as seen in Superman 2 before he beds Lois Lane? :lol I think I'd like to have had him posed in flight holding the good old stars and stripes flag :rock

Being honest, the BASE is the only thing that is slightly off to me. That and the Ex. The DailyPlanet would have been perfect to me. That is what this deserved to have as a base. I also think the Ex should have been a change of head with a smiling portrait looking down. I think if those two changes had been made this would be a completely different discussion.

Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Instant sold out :lol

:exactly: :lol :lol

Cool... Again sorry for the snarkiness you didn't deserve it.

Being honest, the BASE is the only thing that is slightly off to me. That and the Ex. The DailyPlanet would have been perfect to me. That is what this deserved to have as a base. I also think the Ex should have been a change of head with a smiling portrait looking down. I think if those two changes had been made this would be a completely different discussion.

:goodpost: agreed Spidey apart from the smiley Superman portrait :lol that sounds a bit silly...I want my Superman to be fierce not look like he's just been told he's going to Hollywood on American X-Factor :lol :lol

ydymy6ym.jpg

Yo spidey, did u PO this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I agree JAWS, there are definitely people that hate this that don't post here or on facebook, but the opposite is also true. Now, what I was trying to get at in a round about way is, if you really want Sideshow to notice you you're going to have to organize alot more than a few forum and facebook posts I think.

Food for thought.

Yep.. I agree 100% about the opposite being true. I said as much in my original post "There are also a ton of collectors who don't post anything... Good or Bad" So Yes, by no means do I believe it's mostly non fans who are not posting.

SSAlex said on the other forum that the best way to get your point accross is on the forum because the powers that be do view them often. So take that as you will.

Well, good to see nothing has changed here. People *****ing about the sculpt? Check. People *****ing about the base? Check. People saying EVERYONE hates this piece? Check. People under the delusion that Sideshow will change the piece according to the wishes of the vocally hateful? Check. I may have to skip this thread for awhile since I preordered the PF and am clearly in the minority and apparently out of my mind crazy to have done so.

While I agree that nothing really changes... I have to admit I am impressed with how similar your post is to so many others I have read in the past. Even on this thread... So it seems you have not changed much either.;) Congrats!!!!!!!!

Yep.. I agree 100% about the opposite being true. I said as much in my original post "There are also a ton of collectors who don't post anything... Good or Bad" So Yes, by no means do I believe it's mostly non fans who are not posting.

SSAlex said on the other forum that the best way to get your point accross is on the forum because the powers that be do view them often. So take that as you will.

While I agree that nothing really changes... I have to admit I am impressed with how similar your post is to so many others I have read in the past. Even on this thread... So it seems you have not changed much either.;) Congrats!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I'm nothing if not consistent--which is more than I can say for all the people here that have the knee-jerk reaction to bash something based on a preview pick, then bash the preorder photos, then bash people that like it, then love it when they see the in-hand picks.

If this is the sculpt they used, then it's the paint that's causing some fracas.
This also signifies that head on the final product can look drastically different. :lol

superman-pff-preview21-1243x941.jpg

Thanks! I'm nothing if not consistent--which is more than I can say for all the people here that have the knee-jerk reaction to bash something based on a preview pick, then bash the preorder photos, then bash people that like it, then love it when they see the in-hand picks.

I was actually refering to your post sounding like some other members but if you also post the same thing well then I guess I just don't get your original complaint/observations at all :(

I have not seen too much bashing of those who are getting it. Plus, like I have said before, you can only go by what you see. If the In hand photos turn out great then good for all of those who got it. I guess I just don't recall too many pieces that have been hated this much to be Universally accepted after it's release. Not saying it does not happen. I just tend to only buy pieces I think look good in the pre orders. So perhaps I miss the other pieces. This is one of the few threads I have stuck around in where I don't plan on buying the piece.

But I have seen more venom and insults towards other members from the pro side then the negative (though my good friend Spidey has been beat on recently :( )

Last edited:

If this is the sculpt they used, then it's the paint that's causing some fracas.
This also signifies that head on the final product can look drastically different. :lol

superman-pff-preview21-1243x941.jpg

Without question... I believe the head sculpt will look great in person.

Ya know I think I get SSC plan.... Put out the preview pics... Good or Bad... Let the praise/complaints come... But after a while after the initial shock people will get use to looking at the product and what originally bothered them will not be as bad.

Still not going to order but the pose is starting to not bother me as much. Dare I say it's growing on me. I don't think I will ever like the Dam though.

ssc_reeve1.jpg

ssc_reeve2.jpg

ssc_reeve3.jpg

ssc_reeve4.jpg

ssc_reeve5.jpg

ssc_reeve6.jpg

ssc_reeve7.jpg

He needs to be given a reality tv show. I'd watch.

BR took it too far man :(

Back