Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Ya know I think I get SSC plan.... Put out the preview pics... Good or Bad... Let the praise/complaints come... But after a while after the initial shock people will get use to looking at the product and what originally bothered them will not be as bad.

Still not going to order but the pose is starting to not bother me as much. Dare I say it's growing on me. I don't think I will ever like the Dam though.

Certain angles it looks promising.

I like the concept, but from pictures it looks out of proportion and other factors people have mentioned.

It's a quirky style, collectors might start to like?:huh

Just wondering can we change the title back to normal and get rid of the part 2? It's confusing to the newbies and we want to forget about that big preorder mess which some people had. It's a new year so time to start fresh!
But anyone Who is on the WL for Harley will convert. There's plenty I'm sure of with a big ES like that. She is a keeper for me as well after changing my mind 3 times. I'm not canceling after the 3rd time. She is a keeper!

genius-photo.png

Why the heck are we talking about him and hammering on him?? He has been good lately.

Why the heck are we talking about him and hammering on him?? He has been good lately.

I don think anyone is hammering on him except one dude.

I find him cool, tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhmdi.jpg

From Matt Black over at SF
BB2CE606-AABC-4EF1-9C7A-4F13430AFC99-4197-0000094079EF5AEC_zps35d84c23.jpg
A316A8CB-F0BD-43E4-B36D-0E2E1FB3ADE3-4197-000009407121B3BC_zps09dfc155.jpg
084DC5B2-2654-490C-A418-C18CD540124F-4197-000009408304322A_zps9ab7e217.jpg

Yeah so the paint job could use some work but the sculpt .... Damn that is awesome.

I am thinking that the black base is to make the statue appear to be floating . Not grounded. To assist in making the illusion that Superman is flying.

And yes... we ordered the exclusive.

Ya know I think I get SSC plan.... Put out the preview pics... Good or Bad... Let the praise/complaints come... But after a while after the initial shock people will get use to looking at the product and what originally bothered them will not be as bad.

Still not going to order but the pose is starting to not bother me as much. Dare I say it's growing on me. I don't think I will ever like the Dam though.

That's what I mean about the negative knee-jerk reactions of some people about this piece. I personally don't think it's as bad as the naysayers would have you believe. The more I see it the happier I am that I preordered it. I think everyone (whether they are a Christopher Reeve fan or not) has an image of the ideal CR Superman PF in their head. For a lot of people--I'm guessing 99%--the pose chosen and dam base were not what they had in mind and I'm one of them. However, it's likely going to be the only CR PF we see and, though it's not what I expected, I need it in my collection. Overall it is an impressive PF and I think it's going to blow people away in person.

Yeah it's too bad that the paint Apps and/or the photos used/taken were not better because this

300206-superman-010.jpg

does not look as good as the one on the left or really that much like Chris on the right.

bhmdi.jpg

I gotta think that it's the lighting used. It makes the PO Superman look gaunt. CR also had a pretty think neck and this photo as well as some others just give him a look like he is too thin.

But I really do believe it will look better in person.

I still wish they went with a slightly less stern expression (does not have to be smiling) Hard to find straight on shots of CR being as serious as the sculpt has been made. Still the resemblance is there. But man that Pose :slap :)

sreeves6oct27.jpg
8346L.jpg

78aac2109dbaf36a0b49a2e3f0acfb89_zps43955934.jpg

Back