Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

No, we don't. But they also don't take your NRD and lock you into a contract that still has important variables like the ES, final finish, or details differ from shown prototype at the time of locking you into said NRD.

Just do what I do, not ordering till I see things in hand/know ES. If you want a Batman PF wait for the WBSHOP to get him back in stock. He's 300 dollars there with discount code and super cheap shipping. Buy a Reg anywhere and you will get it cheaper and see final product. It's different if you want an Ex, then you pay NRD and it's a gamble on quality. Those days for me are done. I have to pay $80.00 customs tax on each piece. If I lived in the States, I would prob do the gamble but most likely not with Sideshow's track record lately. Supes will be my final Ex piece from them, but they will refund the NRD if you aren't happy with quality. Good luck.

Just do what I do, not ordering till I see things in hand/know ES. If you want a Batman PF wait for the WBSHOP to get him back in stock. He's 300 dollars there with discount code and super cheap shipping. Buy a Reg anywhere and you will get it cheaper and see final product. It's different if you want an Ex, then you pay NRD and it's a gamble on quality. Those days for me are done. I have to pay $80.00 customs tax on each piece. If I lived in the States, I would prob do the gamble but most likely not with Sideshow's track record lately. Supes will be my final Ex piece from them, but they will refund the NRD if you aren't happy with quality. Good luck.

As much as I don't mind this piece the EX is ****

Wow what did I miss? I just looked at the pictures of the statue for the first time and came to say how bad I think it is, but there's ALREADY a part 2 thread lol!? Was it CBG again?

Nope Dave just said he wanted the pics on the first page, but honestly the number of grown men crying makes the Harley CBG thing look minimal...lol

Well there's a lot to be upset about so I can't say I blame them.

i noticed it looks like he has blue tinges in his hair...surely not tho

This is an important question:

Who is CBG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an important question:

Who is CBG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Nope Dave just said he wanted the pics on the first page, but honestly the number of grown men crying makes the Harley CBG thing look minimal...lol

You know what? You shouldn't be the one talking about people crying or not about anything. In 1.5 years here, you raked up 3 times the posts I've made in my 6, so f I like something, or not, I will say it, and if I feel like it, will keep saying it till I'm blue in the face.
Now if you don't like it, you can put me on ignore and not read.

Do you get input into next years car design? Next year's levi's line? Next year's Avenger's film? Sure, fans and consumers say what they want, but actual design input. I think that's asking a bit much of a company that employs designers that get paid very well and I imagine they expect them to do their job without the fans inspecting their work.

I'm not saying that this is something you should take, but I don't think consumers get to tell a designer how to do their job nitpicking along the way. You don't like it, don't buy it.

That's how you vote.

I think j97e1 is use to what Randy Bowen does... Like his stuff or not he does let the buyers have some input... Usually lets them help choose a pose or what a next item might be. I think in this field it's not a bad practice. But it could also open a can of worms.

As for all the LOLs at the bad comments about this piece and it does not mean much... Well you are probably right. SSC will sell what they sell and I am sure there are plenty out there who are happy with it. That being said I can't think of a piece in recent memory that has been this ill-received. Agree with them or not... A lot of people really don't like this piece and when I say a lot, I mean the sort of people who actually take the time to seek out and post stuff about these sort of things... You know, guys and gals like us :)... But I do understand that we a small % of the big picture.

And while I agree that the internet is full of complainers... There are also a ton of collectors who don't post anything... Good or Bad.. I think that was the point 67L88stingrays was trying to make.

Last edited:

You know what? You shouldn't be the one talking about people crying or not about anything. In 1.5 years here, you raked up 3 times the posts I've made in my 6, so f I like something, or not, I will say it, and if I feel like it, will keep saying it till I'm blue in the face.

I gotta say I absolutely agree with you. I have stopped coming here regularly and people have inboxed me agreeing as certain members just... never... stop... posting and they go on and on and on and UGHS. It's almost selfish to think someone has the right to post a zillion times a day. Like, do you really think what you have to say is all that fascinating? Let me be blunt: It isn't. Anyway, seeya in two weeks folks 'cause I'm tired of certain members replying to every single darn post and thread and clogging up/detracting from differing points of view that are actually interesting to read. *Cough. Fellow Canadian member. Cough* End rant.

I think j97e1 is use to what Randy Bowen does... Like his stuff or not he does let the buyers have some input... Usually lets them help choose a pose or what a next item might be. I think in this field it's not a bad practice. But it could also open a can of worms.

As for all the LOLs at the bad comments about this piece and it does not mean much... Well you are probably right. SSC will sell what they sell and I am sure there are plenty out there who are happy with it. That being said I can't think of a piece in recent memory that has been this ill-received. Agree with them or not... A lot of people really don't like this piece and when I say a lot, I mean the sort of people who actually take the time to seek out and post stuff about these sort of things... You know, guys and gals like us :)... But I do understand that we a small % of the big picture.

And while I agree that the internet is full of complainers... There are also a ton of collectors who don't post anything... Good or Bad.. I think that was the point 67L88stingrays was trying to make.

Oh I agree JAWS, there are definitely people that hate this that don't post here or on facebook, but the opposite is also true. Now, what I was trying to get at in a round about way is, if you really want Sideshow to notice you you're going to have to organize alot more than a few forum and facebook posts I think.

Food for thought.

Well, good to see nothing has changed here. People *****ing about the sculpt? Check. People *****ing about the base? Check. People saying EVERYONE hates this piece? Check. People under the delusion that Sideshow will change the piece according to the wishes of the vocally hateful? Check. I may have to skip this thread for awhile since I preordered the PF and am clearly in the minority and apparently out of my mind crazy to have done so.

Well, good to see nothing has changed here. People *****ing about the sculpt? Check. People *****ing about the base? Check. People saying EVERYONE hates this piece? Check. People under the delusion that Sideshow will change the piece according to the wishes of the vocally hateful? Check. I may have to skip this thread for awhile since I preordered the PF and am clearly in the minority and apparently out of my mind crazy to have done so.
You forgot people whining about whiners - check ;)

and people whining about people whining about whiners.

whoa, i think i just incepted myself

inception-deep.jpg

Hmmm since we have never interacted.. Ummm who are you??? If you were actually to look at my post count you would probably realize that 2000 or so of them was me shooting the **** with some of the guys in either the Superman or the Batman PF threads... For NO other reason than to have some fun. 1000 of them have been spent arguing with the same old crowd about the same old things.... You are right I should stop those. 1000 of those were answering the same questions over and over for newbs and vets alike because, well I am around all the time. 1000 of those are me posting and hosting pics so guys can see the new stuff... Hell my photobucket account has gone down 2 or 3 times because of this place, and guys linking my account. The last 2000 are just me bringing info, and shooting the **** for the most part. Tough a lot of those post were me bringing nfo form SSC during SDCC. Finally, j97 I don't reallly have an issue with you personally... I am just commenting on the general feel of this thread. So I won't be iggying you.

I gotta say I absolutely agree with you. I have stopped coming here regularly and people have inboxed me agreeing as certain members just... never... stop... posting and they go on and on and on and UGHS. It's almost selfish to think someone has the right to post a zillion times a day. Like, do you really think what you have to say is all that fascinating? Let me be blunt: It isn't. Anyway, seeya in two weeks folks 'cause I'm tired of certain members replying to every single darn post and thread and clogging up/detracting from differing points of view that are actually interesting to read. *Cough. Fellow Canadian member. Cough* End rant.

PM Sent

Not defending Spidey... But IIRC, you *may* have told us once or twice (or 1,000... I lost count) that the Batman PF was terrible.

You know, glass houses, stones, and such.

Back