Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF???

HATE the pose. Hate it. Hate it.

Part of making it a convincing rendition of Christopher Reeve is to actually pose it in a way you could picture him from a film.

yeah, not sure about the pose, looks really odd.

Looks good..not fond of The way they have all the Supes Pfs with those crazy wrists!

Unfortunately the paint job isn't going to be anywhere near that. Wr are going to get a flat unicolor application of skin tone...

That's my main problem with sideshow statues. They lack on the paint department, big time. Toys out there are looking crazy realistic, with their new paint apps, while ssc is stuck in time. I would hate to get this, and have to send to someone to repaint it (just so it can reach its potential).

Well, have to wait for high quality pics first but based on the still images from the video, the pose looks really weird to me. I want a Reeve PF but if I have the same feeling after seeing prototype pics, I think I will pass. But it may look much better when seeing it clear in quality photos, at least so I hope!

Man, with Keaton PF and now this, it's like my childhood is coming back in a big way. Looks great to me!!!!

The pose is so awkward. They should have done something creative where he is either taking off, landing or stalling mid air. Nobody stands like this. The Man of Steel PF looks less awkward.

That and the paint apps on the face are not going to be anywhere near that proto. I don't know why they bother showing us a highres close up of the proto face. The sculptor did a great job on the likeness, unfortunately unless SSC does something radically different at the production level, this one will likely disapoint many. You can get away with flat paint apps on a comic based statue but not when it is based on a live actor.

If they can do a good job on Harrison Ford as Indy 3 times, I have hope they can get the paint done right on one Christopher Reeve PF.

If they can do a good job on Harrison Ford as Indy 3 times, I have hope they can get the paint done right on one Christopher Reeve PF.

I hope so too man. Christopher Reeve deserves that much.

Chill guys. Lets wait for the full reveal.. Keep calm :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skaumlrmavbild2013-12-15kl220421_zpsf692b7ff.png
maybe it's the lighting, but this just looks off to me
the first thing i thought of was that it could be on Robot Chicken

:exactly: I'm being flooded with nostalgia right now.

I have a nostalgia woody. :rotfl Instead of dreading turning 38 in a few months, I fell like it's late 70's through late 80's all over again! :clap

q0tx.jpg

From Statueforum!

sharp likeness.

However this is not my ideal representation of Christopher Reeve...too serious!

I've always preferred Christopher Reeve to be represented with a slight smile.
Superman_Christopher+Reeve_1978+(2).JPG

Reeve will forever be Superman, Superman represents all things good, nothing portrays "good" better than a smile. This portrait is just too serious for a Reeve Superman.

sharp likeness.

However this is not my ideal representation of Christopher Reeve...too serious!

I've always preferred Christopher Reeve to be represented with a slight smile.
Superman_Christopher+Reeve_1978+(2).JPG

Reeve will forever be Superman, Superman represents all things good, nothing portrays "good" better than a smile. This portrait is just too serious for a Reeve Superman.

Nobody wants that hippey doo gooder stuff anymore. It is all about grit and frowns these days.

I like Reeve as I equate him to the pre-crisis Superman.

Nobody wants that hippey doo gooder stuff anymore. It is all about grit and frowns these days.

I like Reeve as I equate him to the pre-crisis Superman.

That's cool, that's your opinion and i respect your take on what's "in" these days.

However Christopher Reeve's Superman is the furthest thing from grit and frowns.

If i was going to spend $500 on a Christopher Reeve 1/4 scale portrait, i would want it to be timeless & definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back