changing from a regular CC order to flexpay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipflint

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey gang,
I realize that this is a question better suited for SideShow directly. I have already sent them a message about this, but I wanted to run this by you guys too.

I've recently needed to make a change in payment type on a pre-order. The forthcoming Iron Monger, to be specific. I made the original order with a regular credit card, but I now find myself needing to use flexpay for the first time. I went through the cancellation process and go to the bit where you can either complete the cancellation, or ask to be contacted about Flexpay. So, I chose the "contact me about flexpay" bit. So my order remains open.

However, I've noticed that the deadline for doing flexpay with this particular item is February 3rd. So I've still got plenty of time. But I kinda thought I would have heard back from Sideshow by now. All of my customer service experiences with them have been GREAT before. I guess I'm just getting nervous. I don't want to have to cancel the order and place it all over again, because I don't want to get dinged for the cancellation fee.

My work situation makes it difficult for me to just call them. Besides, I prefer handling these issues online so that I can have my own paper (or HTML) trail to follow.

thoughts gang?

How long has it been since you asked to be contacted about flex? I wouldn't worry. It's nowhere near that deadline that you mentioned, and you can always contact them again if an excessive amount of time does pass before you hear from them. With how awesome their customer service is, I'd bet that you could jump onto a flex schedule even after the aforementioned date.

You should be fine. You'll get an email in a day or two giving you your flex pay schedule. I've done it a few time before without problem.

did ur nrd switch as well or did u lose it? i have the neytiri lsf on order and id like to switch it to a flex pay but im worried about loosing my 320$ deposit

For what it's worth, I did email Sideshow's customer support and they told me exactly when the change on my order history would take place and that the new calendar would start showing the dates of my flexpay payments.

They were very helpful and were exactly right about everything they said. So if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to email them. It might take a day or two for you to get a human reply but they really are helpful and polite.

That goes a LONG way towards building customer loyalty in my book, especially when we're dealing with what are essentially VERY expensive toys. Luxury items for nerds. And I mean that in a positive way.
:)

Back