1/6 Chances of Hot Toys Darth Maul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true SS is almost gone from the 1/6 figure game. And who knows what the agreements are or if there are any for that matter. But for pure speculation purpose, It appeared to me that HT stayed away from Star Wars for quite some time, to allow SS to tap that market. I think HT may do the same with Maul. I am totally cool if HT pumped one out next month, but I feel like if they do it will be a couple years down the line.

Honestly, at the moment I am just happy they actually put Anakin up for PO. I hope they explore a lot of the characters from the PT:

Maul
Qui Gon
Dooku
Mace Windu
Chancelor Palpatine/Sidious
Padme
ROTS Obi wan
General Grievous

Clone troopers
ROTS 501st Troopers
ROTS Yoda
Entire Jedi Council

Honestly, good riddance. In the 3 years I've been in this hobby, I've noticed their prices jump and jump, but the quality either staying the same or getting worse. I remember you get some SS figures in the $140-$190 range and feel like you got your money's worth. Anyone remember how great the Darth Malgus figure was? Two of the best sculpts I've ever seen. Now they're $250, come with nothing, and have butterface sculpts (X-Wing Luke). They should stick to PF.

And I'm very thankful HT is making Anakin. Hoping the inclusion of Dooku's light saber is a clue. :) And you can't make Anakin without Obi-Wan! Hopefully the PT floodgates are opening. I'm ready. Your list is enough to get me excited. I'd probably avoid Troopers, as my priority would be Jedi and Sith.

I keep getting the feeling that the minute I break down and buy the SS Maul HT will announce, which is why I haven't bought it. I think SS should focus on droids and non-humanoid aliens. They've done a good job on figures like Greedo, Gamorrean Guard, Hammerhead, Zuckuss and IG-88, and HT won't be producing them. I'm sure those don't have the high sales of the core characters, but it would be a better way to divvy up the license IMO.

Honestly, good riddance. In the 3 years I've been in this hobby, I've noticed their prices jump and jump, but the quality either staying the same or getting worse. I remember you get some SS figures in the $140-$190 range and feel like you got your money's worth. Anyone remember how great the Darth Malgus figure was? Two of the best sculpts I've ever seen. Now they're $250, come with nothing, and have butterface sculpts (X-Wing Luke). They should stick to PF.

And I'm very thankful HT is making Anakin. Hoping the inclusion of Dooku's light saber is a clue. :) And you can't make Anakin without Obi-Wan! Hopefully the PT floodgates are opening. I'm ready. Your list is enough to get me excited. I'd probably avoid Troopers, as my priority would be Jedi and Sith.

Those clone commandos and Arch troopers would be instant buy though,especially the 501st battalion of Anakin (Rex+ Echo +Fives Phase 2)...Cody also. SideShow did wonderful jobs with those guys back then with very pleasant price,sadly i come to this 1/6 hobby kinda late so unable to grab them.

I keep getting the feeling that the minute I break down and buy the SS Maul HT will announce, which is why I haven't bought it. I think SS should focus on droids and non-humanoid aliens. They've done a good job on figures like Greedo, Gamorrean Guard, Hammerhead, Zuckuss and IG-88, and HT won't be producing them. I'm sure those don't have the high sales of the core characters, but it would be a better way to divvy up the license IMO.

Same here, I was close to clicking the buy button a few times but I always think that HTs might release theirs soon.

I feel like that on most my SS Star Wars figures, I really want to buy their Hoth Han and Luke and both X-Wing and Snowspeeder Luke but I keep hoping Hot Toys will release them.

Yep same here. I had him on order but cancelled. HT will come eventually, as Jack has said.

I agree. They really shine when on the droids and aliens, but they have the hardest time on humans. I would've thought they'd adopt the HT process by now.

Yep same here. I had him on order but cancelled. HT will come eventually, as Jack has said.

I agree. They really shine when on the droids and aliens, but they have the hardest time on humans. I would've thought they'd adopt the HT process by now.

I personally say get it if you want it. If HT does eventually release it, you can use the old SS one for a custom or sell it off no big deal. Just my 2 cents.

I would want Maul, Qui Gon, Dooku and Mace Windu.:)

This. Plus a ROTS Obi Wan. I'd love Mace Windu to be the next Prequel character they release (if not Maul). *fingers crossed*

I think it can go either Obi-Wan and then Dooku to complete the ROTS battle set, or it's Maul to capitalize on Battlefront 2. In leaning towards the former.

Back