Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome pics chris............& i see you are guiding the young padawan well...............:wink1:

umm..wow..and you're saying my stuff is nice? wow..man, that is a true compliment for you to say that....thank you....btw, i am looking for tips and pointers on some stuff, may hit you up...lol

Anytime, although I am no expert. :)

I've created two... They do the same thing!:)

awesome pics chris............& i see you are guiding the young padawan well...............:wink1:

Yeah, he loves Star Wars. He is always pointing at my shelves and trying to say the characters names. We have Boba and Bossk down so far. :)

I started repainting my Kithaba head. I never was really happy with y go at it first time around. Here is where I am at so far....

DSC06222400x287.jpg

DSC06224500x330.jpg

I have hit a snag on my Takeel. Im in the process of trying to sort out some realistic hair. Im going to try to find some viscose at a fabric store this weekend.

Cleaning my display shelves and doing some re-posing/rearranging. I just want to switch things up.

Just a few quick shots of my repainted Sandtroopers. I am going to have a couple of them with their helmets off for the time being.

DSC06226800x340.jpg

DSC06229500x379.jpg

DSC06230500x425.jpg

Some more work on my Kithaba v2. I added a sidearm holster and replaced the pouches on his bandolier. I never was happy with my bandolier before. I may have to tone down the green a bit. I also need to weather them some.

DSC06231505x600.jpg

DSC06235500x486.jpg

I started repainting my Kithaba head. I never was really happy with y go at it first time around. Here is where I am at so far....

DSC06222400x287.jpg

DSC06224500x330.jpg

I have hit a snag on my Takeel. Im in the process of trying to sort out some realistic hair. Im going to try to find some viscose at a fabric store this weekend.

:rotfl You meant a snaggle.

Kithaba looks awesome. Always love tuning in to the Chakaman show, learn a thing or two every time.

Great paint jobs, I have to keep practicing on painting human heads mine look like crap.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Human heads are much more difficult than alien ones in my opinion.

I gotta get a Barada head from Duane! The paint job looks great Chaka. Eyes especially!

Yes you do! All of Duane's stuff is awesome. Without him I wouldnt have a full cantina or Jabba's Palace. :)

:rotfl You meant a snaggle.

Kithaba looks awesome. Always love tuning in to the Chakaman show, learn a thing or two every time.

Thanks man. I just wish I had more time to do more stuff. Hopefully this winter, its a slow time of year for us at work and at home. :)

Once again, thanks for all the kind words guys. :hi5:

chakaman i love the repaint on the armour , there is one thing you could do to improve gree's armour is use a mettalic green on the visor , look's a little flat , love the custom look's fantastic!

Yea i like that a lot too!

mclovin' it................:lecture

i especially like the tusken head foot rest for anakin...............:yess:

Thanks guys, I thought it was a nice, evil touch. :)

chakaman i love the repaint on the armour , there is one thing you could do to improve gree's armour is use a mettalic green on the visor , look's a little flat , love the custom look's fantastic!

Thanks, I may look into doing that. I saw Lopie's custom clone visors, they look great. When I get some time, I will look into upgrading it. I appreciate the feedback.

Morts Gammy pics got me fired up. :yess:

I had already repainted, lowered the heads and added the fabric to the back of the helmets. I do like the look of the leather Mort used on the back of the helmets, I may switch to that.

Uo next, off to the laundry to get their pants dirty. :)

DSC063651000x762.jpg

Can't wait to see what you do with them, you've been at this way longer than me lol

1 thing I felt when doing mine was how cool it would be to have multiples

edit: 1 detail, it wasn't a leather belt the fabric was off, it is some kind of man made fabric that had a slightly rough felted texture to look like real raw leather on the inside part of the belt, but if you peel open an old leather belt there will be a similar real leather super thin strip

It was then the wash of brown that made it look like real rough leather a lot more, I reckon if you apply a wash to your cloth as it stands, it could go the same way

Last edited:
Since I had the "dirt bath" going, I decided to weather Takeel's boots and tunic....

DSC063671000x543.jpg

Ow yeah, something else I am thinking about doing....

DSC06368400x225.jpg

Back