Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ahhhh I am aware of the mighty Chakamans Project!!!!! All I can say is I have not seen the pics... but I know I can not wait... its been a long time coming :)

After a week of changing diapers and getting settled its time to get back in the swing of things. Seeing Mark work on his Luke pilot this past week has got me excited about OT pilots again.

I repainted my ANH Luke a year or so ago. I like it, but I like the sculpt Mark used better
chaka90.jpg

I also repainted the Hasbro Biggs....
Chaka91.jpg

I was pretty happy with these guys until I saw all the little details that could be added. Mark, you have inspired me once again to go back and revisit some of my earlier customs. I also plan on doing a grey suit Y-Wing pilot and another red suit B-Wing pilot to go with Ten Nunb and Nein Numb. Oh yeah, I also have a couple TIE pilots in the works.

Love them pilots...should be fun. :D

Excellent work Chris. Love the shine on the bucket. I think the dull matt finish I did on mine has to go, yours looks great. We must get some decals for the helm.

After a week of changing diapers and getting settled its time to get back in the swing of things. Seeing Mark work on his Luke pilot this past week has got me excited about OT pilots again.

I repainted my ANH Luke a year or so ago. I like it, but I like the sculpt Mark used better
chaka90.jpg

I also repainted the Hasbro Biggs....
Chaka91.jpg

I was pretty happy with these guys until I saw all the little details that could be added. Mark, you have inspired me once again to go back and revisit some of my earlier customs. I also plan on doing a grey suit Y-Wing pilot and another red suit B-Wing pilot to go with Ten Nunb and Nein Numb. Oh yeah, I also have a couple TIE pilots in the works.

Love them pilots...should be fun. :D

wasn't there a phrase in the old spitting image song:and behead an eskimo...
NOT a clone trooper!!:slap
:rotfl

Brilliant as always Chakadad. Nice you got Biggs lid. It's a beeotch to find. I need one of those someday myself. Your complete collection has got to be sic.

Thanks guys.

The Biggs is just on a Dragon body. it works well I think. I cant afford the TT bodies.

That Biggs helmet is pretty hard to score. If I can find an extra one, Ill hook you up Darth.

That would be awesome Chris. I appreciate the gesture. I don't check as often as I should since X-Wing Biggs isn't a primary project, but an extra set of eyes might help.

Well, I got sidetracked...as usual. :D

I was in "pilot" mode until I saw the work Clparker did on his Hoth gloves and Han Solo Hoth figure. I also really liked the goggles and weathering he did. I did a Han Hoth about a year ago. I liked it at the time, but seeing some of the ideas here and just getting better at doing stuff I decided to go back and revisit mine.

Here is a shot of him from last year......

finhan2.jpg

Ok......so...

I redid the gloves, goggles and adjusted the belt so if fit better. I replaced the Hasbro boots with a extra pair of SSC Bespin Luke boots.

I may add some weathering, but cannot decide. Here are a couple of shots after the changes....

chaka111.jpg

chaka110.jpg

I just need to go back and clean up the paint on the goggles and add a small touch up here or there.

Thanks for the inspiration to revist this guy clparker!! :D

Looks great, and damn, so many pilots. :lol

I am starting to feel lazy, I still have a ton of untouched Hasbro figures I need to deal with.

Well thats the problem when you lay around for a few weeks!! :) plus the fact you are always making dollie outfit for ever one else mate!!!

Well thats the problem when you lay around for a few weeks!! :) plus the fact you are always making dollie outfit for ever one else mate!!!

Good point. :lol

Though, I do have some figures I have finished, I just never get around to uploading pics because I am busy with 5 things at a time.

Still looks good Chaka! 1 problem though......Han's coat should be blue.

(grabs Kenner figure, runs and hides):rotfl

Perhaps for the SS Exclusive, whenever this figure gets made officially. Most other companies are offering both colors in one way or another.

I've actually re-painted all my 3 3/4 Hoth Han's with a blue coat, with the exception of the new Vintage one. I just like it better.

Looks great! :clap

and about the coat... Perhaps you could lightly bleach it and then dye it blue with fabric dye?

Still looks good Chaka! 1 problem though......Han's coat should be blue.

(grabs Kenner figure, runs and hides):rotfl

Thanks guys.

You know whats funny, I thought of that as well. :D

Chris

You vintage kenner fanboys.:lol

Heres the actual jacket.:nana:

Hanhothjacket.jpg

Its another weird case of lighting tricks that screwed Kenner up.

and about the coat... Perhaps you could lightly bleach it and then dye it blue with fabric dye?

That is a very bad idea, the amount of time it would take the bleach to get close to getting rid of enough color to dye it again, would make it brittle and it would start coming apart as soon as it dried, not to mention the brown is to dark to begin with and it would come out all splotchy and weird looking.

Just a friendly warning. :)

Back