Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Paul.

I started painting up my 2-1B kit from Rustyj.

20220306_164322.jpg

Nice, I delayed mine as I mulled the stomach "guts" - are you putting anything in there? And are you trying lights or fiber optics?

Thanks man.

It is a great kit. I wish it came with the "guts", thats going to be a challenge.

The kit is definitely super cool. But just now going through some photos I remember why I delayed getting after it. To make it look it's absolute best there is a lot to do and I was and still am afraid to screw it up. There is the inside guts, the eyes that I imagine could be lit with fiber optics, a unique color of paint that has dark pitting all over it, etc. I'm really looking forward to following this now as your projects always turn out so great.

The kit is definitely super cool. But just now going through some photos I remember why I delayed getting after it. To make it look it's absolute best there is a lot to do and I was and still am afraid to screw it up. There is the inside guts, the eyes that I imagine could be lit with fiber optics, a unique color of paint that has dark pitting all over it, etc. I'm really looking forward to following this now as your projects always turn out so great.

Yeah. I will be adding a lot of metallic weathering to it. I always liked the Kenner figure, so my base color may not be screen accurate.

I will probably go fiber optics, not quite sure how to do that yet.

Like you said, there is a lot to do with this one.

Thanks, i appreciate that response. Having dinner WWII 1/6th for so long, i tend to think as a stitch nah-zi.

It's nice to be reminded how cool things can look when not overdone.

Back