Celtic Predator Life Size Mask!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have either stores here in the UK ;) i will buy some cheapo lenses just to try out a few effects first.... we really shouldn't have to do any of this but what can we do hey. And im only doing this as celtic is such a good design, and scar if i can pick one up dirt cheap!! Im hoping HCG do a good job on the P2, it sells well and they pick up this line were sideshow screwed us!!

well after hearing the p2 is the stunt bio and not the hero version, i will prolly get one from Art, but yeah i love this design to, and i can live with the paint app, but the lenses suck, but an easy fix as well to make it look better :naughty

Keep at it chap, i finally got my wolf bio a couple of weeks ago, cost me $600 on ebay but was sooooo worth it!!! Why SS couldn't keep the same high standards on much simpler bio's is beyond me??

As for the P2 from HCG, it is based on a stunt bio, the colour and the large gaps in the (real metal) lenses are accurate to the screen used stunt bio they based it on. Hopefully they will do a hero version one day with the metallic bronze colour, id really love that one!!!!!!

wait a sec... u found it on ebay a "few weeks ago" ??? :horror

but i've been searching ebay practically every week for the last 2 months, but it never showed up, even tho i typed different keywords like "avp", "avp2", "wolf", "requiem", "bio", "mask", "prop", "replica", etc etc.

how'd u find it?

as for the p2 bio, yeah. i don't like the stunt version. don't see why they couldn't have reproduced the hero version instead. after all, that's the version we're meant to see. the stunt version is just for the performers to perform the stunts safely and comfortably.

Im not sure if their are any surviving hero bio's?? i hope there is of course but HCG obviously had access to an original stunt mask and decided to remain faithfull to it. Lets face it, if they molded a stunt bio and painted it hero colours or even added the forehead lip we'd probably all moan it isn't accurate anyway :lol I quite like the stunt but i hope they do a hero also.... and sooner rather than later ;) aslong as they re-release their P1 bio without the big expensive base il be a very happy chap... i just don't trust SS to do it right anymore!

As for the wolf... i got lucky, iv been on the waitlist for so long with no luck and like you i checked ebay regularly. However i was in more of a pred mood than usual the other week and i was checking alot, i managed to find a new wolf on buy it now for $600, it had only been listed for about half an hour so i threw caution to the wind and broke out the credit card... made me very poor but im happy now :banana

Im sorry to keep bring this up, but it deeply concerns me, in my face..

Can the collectors that own this pic tell me if it looks warped in person?

Im sorry to keep bring this up, but it deeply concerns me, in my face..

Can the collectors that own this pic tell me if it looks warped in person?

It doesn't look warped in hand to me. Mine doesn't sit on the stand perfectly straight, I think the magnet is not installed straight. You do have to keep in mind that no bio helmet will be perfectly symmetrical, not even when it's first sculpted. I've had a fan made Celtic that was warped & it was very obvious. My pics suck, sorry but i'm no Maulfan, he's an expert photographer imo.

It doesn't look warped in hand to me. Mine doesn't sit on the stand perfectly straight, I think the magnet is not installed straight. You do have to keep in mind that no bio helmet will be perfectly symmetrical, not even when it's first sculpted. I've had a fan made Celtic that was warped & it was very obvious. My pics suck, sorry but i'm no Maulfan, he's an expert photographer imo.

mine is fine.........but have u tried playing with it when its on the magnet?, cause u should be able to alter the position on it when it sits on there. not sure how this looks warped though :confused:

Not sure yet? im going to have a good long look tomorrow and plan everything, i also need to find out all the correct colours for the scar and celtic as i may do both if i can pick up a cheap scar? but the plan is for black or dark charcoal lenses....

celticlense.jpg

From this picture, it looks like the lense has some black paint in it. If that's the case, all we need to do is put a clear film on top of it to give it the glossy look.

From this picture, it looks like the lense has some black paint in it. If that's the case, all we need to do is put a clear film on top of it to give it the glossy look.

You are correct. The lense does have black speckles in it. However the original has a proper lense with specs on, not resin like the SS version which obviously looks awfull! again you may be correct though, putting a clear lense/film on could improve it, it would atleast give it a reflective quality as it should have..

Again though, why couldn't side show have done that????

SS really dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if anyone left a review on their site for the mask. Maybe if people start flooding it with bad reviews, they may do something about it.

I am in the process of test fitting the film on the mask. Here is what it looks like so far:

dDSC_01208.jpg

dDSC_01202.jpg

Looks better already and i left a very polite (yet obviously negative) review about the scar bio and it never materialised, i wonder how many bad reviews they have filtered out regarding these bio's? i would imagine there have been lots of dissapointed customers that tried to voice their disgust! seems like a waste of time having a review system!!!

SS really dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if anyone left a review on their site for the mask. Maybe if people start flooding it with bad reviews, they may do something about it.

I am in the process of test fitting the film on the mask. Here is what it looks like so far:

dDSC_01208.jpg

dDSC_01202.jpg

you have to give us a step by step when your done, that looks awesome :gun

Im not sure if their are any surviving hero bio's?? i hope there is of course but HCG obviously had access to an original stunt mask and decided to remain faithfull to it. Lets face it, if they molded a stunt bio and painted it hero colours or even added the forehead lip we'd probably all moan it isn't accurate anyway :lol I quite like the stunt but i hope they do a hero also.... and sooner rather than later ;) aslong as they re-release their P1 bio without the big expensive base il be a very happy chap... i just don't trust SS to do it right anymore!

As for the wolf... i got lucky, iv been on the waitlist for so long with no luck and like you i checked ebay regularly. However i was in more of a pred mood than usual the other week and i was checking alot, i managed to find a new wolf on buy it now for $600, it had only been listed for about half an hour so i threw caution to the wind and broke out the credit card... made me very poor but im happy now :banana

although the p1 is the big kahuna of all predators and predator movies, i find his bio a little bland. it's still gorgeous on its own of course. but it's less visually interesting compared to the wolf's intricate symbols and the spikes and the badass scarring. :drool

the p2 bio's bronze colour with that tinge of greenish patina is just awesome to look at, very striking. that aged feel kinda reminds me of a prehistoric artifact. that's why the hero version is better, imo. and yeah, i don't think ss is up to it right now. unless they get their act together. improbable, but not impossible...

yeah, u sure got lucky with the wolf bio! i regret passing up the chance to get it last year, when it was on ebay. at the time, i thought US$560 was too much to pay for it, so i dropped out of the bidding. really regret it now. :crying:(

I agree about the P1 being simple which means imo it needs a good paint job, it is the weathering that makes it recognisable as the P1 mask for me and seeing how scar (a very similar design) and celtic turned out i don't think SS would be up to it. That said the HCG paint job wasn't perfect hence i havn't brought one..... yet ;) Im still torn about getting one, despit me not liking the base it does have the thumbs up from the man himself, Mr Winston.

Id much rather have just the bio on a sideshow esque stand.

I agree about the P1 being simple which means imo it needs a good paint job, it is the weathering that makes it recognisable as the P1 mask for me and seeing how scar (a very similar design) and celtic turned out i don't think SS would be up to it. That said the HCG paint job wasn't perfect hence i havn't brought one..... yet ;) Im still torn about getting one, despit me not liking the base it does have the thumbs up from the man himself, Mr Winston.

Id much rather have just the bio on a sideshow esque stand.

My problem with the HCG one is that it's not screen accurate... they cast up one of the old extra stunt bios, the only one remaining... unfortunately all the detailing on it is not what we see on-screen. Wish they would have redone the temple detailing, hose inputs and jaw detail to reflect what we actually see in the movie and release it with a decent base that doesn't result in crazy overpricing. Not to mention the cannon on the base is fugly as sin. The P2 bio and disc props look nice though... will be interesting to see if the paint jobs look like the prototypes. The P1 production pieces are way off the proto.

Turtle - That looks AWESOME dude!!

My problem with the HCG one is that it's not screen accurate... they cast up one of the old extra stunt bios, the only one remaining... unfortunately all the detailing on it is not what we see on-screen. Wish they would have redone the temple detailing, hose inputs and jaw detail to reflect what we actually see in the movie and release it with a decent base that doesn't result in crazy overpricing. Not to mention the cannon on the base is fugly as sin. The P2 bio and disc props look nice though... will be interesting to see if the paint jobs look like the prototypes. The P1 production pieces are way off the proto.

Turtle - That looks AWESOME dude!!

Yeah i completely agree, i don't like the flamboient/expensive base, if it were complete and not flat backed then the price MAY be justified but it isn't. And yes they have taken liberties with the design of course. Im really looking forward to the P2 bio they are doing and as you said i hope they get the paint job right. That said am i right in thinking these will be painted at the same factory as the ss bio's?? the ss one's being patheticly bad of course......

Has your celtic arrived yet anyway? im looking forward to another rant lol, it's people like you with a little sway in this hobby that need to kick SS up the backside a little and make them think straight.....

Back