Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very impressed with the first one. The fighting was a little tough and some of the darker areas in the game were too damn dark! I will be getting this second one,I bet the graphics will look really impressive this time around.

Same here, I've enjoyed ever era of Castlevania so far, though I'm glad to see it get a little bit tougher lately. Looking anyway, lol.

Yup, I'll get both games most likely unless they're stinking piles of poo.

I was very impressed with the first one. The fighting was a little tough and some of the darker areas in the game were too damn dark! I will be getting this second one,I bet the graphics will look really impressive this time around.
Hell yeah!
Good to see there's still a lot of love for Castlevania.

Hi fives all around. :hi5:

And for a little nostalgia...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI2aB86u-zQ[/ame]

If we're going it that direction; my all time grail of CDs that I have to find...for less than $100.

[ame="https://youtu.be/idwTZeGEkO8"]https://youtu.be/idwTZeGEkO8[/ame]

If it's out of print you should be fine downloading it, unless you just want the CD as a collectors item which is awesome. I love Castlevania soundtracks. That song in particular is familiar as soon as you hear it, superb "hook" melody.

If it's out of print you should be fine downloading it, unless you just want the CD as a collectors item which is awesome. I love Castlevania soundtracks. That song in particular is familiar as soon as you hear it, superb "hook" melody.

I already have a few on CD but I really want this and the Battle Perfect.

I saw on Amazon & Gamestop that the release date has been moved up. At first it was March 5 2013, but now it's December 31 2012. I sure hope so, that would great. I'm past ready for this game. :D

So, the release date for LOS2 keeps moving around. I'm guessing now it's just pure speculation on retailers part. I hope we get some concrete info soon.

Is anyone picking up Mirror Fate? I'm really excited for the next installment in the series, and retro influenced playing experience. I've had it on PO since day one, but Amazon is jerking me around saying I won't have it until the 7th (and I have two day free shipping). I don't see why I shouldn't get it on the 5th, but we'll see. I'm just jonesing for some new Castlevania action.

If you have Amazon Prime they typically have release date delivery. I don't have Mirror of Fate on order because I don't really have the time to play it right now. Depending on the reviews I may get it in a few months when things slow down, but right now I'm only focused on God of War.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, since I do have Amazon Prime, but they changed my delivery date yesterday. Anyway, I'm pretty biased as I love Castlevania and thought the first LOS was fantastic, but so far things seem to be positive. I really want to get Fire Emblem too though. GOW is great, I have to catch up on that series now that you mention it.

I'm picking Mirror of Fate up. I love the Castlevania series. It's one of my favorite video game franchises. I've played them since the old Nintendo and have every gameboy advance/ds version of Castlevania and have enjoyed every one of them.

I actually didn't like Lords of Shadow at first and put the game down right before the part where you fight the Lycan lord. I didn't play it for a couple of years, but I just recently decided to give it another chance and I really got pulled into it. I beat the game a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Now I'm looking forward to Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2.

I'm picking Mirror of Fate up. I love the Castlevania series. It's one of my favorite video game franchises. I've played them since the old Nintendo and have every gameboy advance/ds version of Castlevania and have enjoyed every one of them.

I actually didn't like Lords of Shadow at first and put the game down right before the part where you fight the Lycan lord. I didn't play it for a couple of years, but I just recently decided to give it another chance and I really got pulled into it. I beat the game a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Now I'm looking forward to Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2.

Aw man, you waited that long? I'm glad you gave it a chance recently. I loved the game, and I thought the difficulty level was great. The fight with the Lycan lord was a high point for me. It took a few tries, but once I beat him I was fully invested in the game. I think if you can adjust to the different perspective, the game really plays like you've been dropped into the classic world of Castlevania. It feels much more "vintage" to me than most of the post-Symphony of the Night games.

is this title only for 3ds?

Yeah, it's on 3DS only. Who knows if it will be ported to other systems in the future, but that would be years. I think it's worth picking up a 3DS if you haven't. The 3DS is starting to build up a great library of games. Just this quarter we're getting Fire Emblem, Castlevania, and Luigi's Mansion.

Aw man, you waited that long? I'm glad you gave it a chance recently. I loved the game, and I thought the difficulty level was great. The fight with the Lycan lord was a high point for me. It took a few tries, but once I beat him I was fully invested in the game. I think if you can adjust to the different perspective, the game really plays like you've been dropped into the classic world of Castlevania. It feels much more "vintage" to me than most of the post-Symphony of the Night games.

Yeah, it's on 3DS only. Who knows if it will be ported to other systems in the future, but that would be years. I think it's worth picking up a 3DS if you haven't. The 3DS is starting to build up a great library of games. Just this quarter we're getting Fire Emblem, Castlevania, and Luigi's Mansion.

yea might pick up a 3DS soon and a vita as well.

yea might pick up a 3DS soon and a vita as well.

The 3DS is the first Nintendo handheld I've bought since Gameboy Advanced. I'm really impressed with everything about it. Make sure to pick up the XL version, it's a noticeable step up.

I'm considering picking up a PS Vita eventually as well, but it's pretty pricey and I'm more concerned with PS4. All the good PS handheld games seem to be from the PSP generation so there's that too. If Sony dropped a must have game only for PS Vita that would be the deal breaker. Resident Evil Revelations, Castlevania MOF, and Zelda were the main reasons I bought the 3DS.

Okay, I know this isn't exactly the right thread to discuss all things Lords Of Shadow, but another thread would be kind of silly and probably not anymore popular. Also, I'm sorry for the double posts lately.

Amazon shipped Mirror of Fate and I should have it tomorrow after all, glad to see Amazon come through like usual. I never assume things will go as planned. I'll most likely play through the game quick b/c I'm so excited about it.. I'll let you know guys know what I think after I've played some tomorrow. Anyway, I hope now that MOF is out of the way Konami can start the hype/marketing train for LOS2. When is the next gaming expo/event? Fall?

Back