Premium Format Captain Rex Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in! Can't wait to get home and open him up.
Sideshow didn't put a calendar in the box though which makes me sad.

Holy smokes!!!! I just opened this thread and I heard the UPS guy pull up, :blissy I got all excited and threw my shoes back on then he walked to the neighbors house. :( I took off my shoes came back to my pc and the door bell rang...... He's in!!! :yess: I can't wait to open this after dinner. :banana

Uploading pics now.

My helmet was a bit hard to put on as well... I put a little oil on it and it went on a lot easier.

One thing I noticed on mine is it doesn't have the "Sideshow Exclusive" Sticker on it...? Do your guys' boxes have it on there?

Rex1.jpg

Rex5.jpg

Rex7.jpg

Rex8.jpg

Rex9.jpg

Rex11.jpg

Rex12.jpg

Uploading pics now.

My helmet was a bit hard to put on as well... I put a little oil on it and it went on a lot easier.

One thing I noticed on mine is it doesn't have the "Sideshow Exclusive" Sticker on it...? Do your guys' boxes have it on there?

Great pictures .
Oil trick seemed to work like a charm....his helmet looks like its sitting nicely.

One question....
Do the grenades hang firmly in his grasp or is it barely hanging ?

A little worried that a child's "thump" on the display case would be enough to lodge it off and......?
:horror

Sideshow is listing this thing at 18" tall.

Question for those that have this:

Is that 18" to the top of Rex's helmet or to the top of the rifle,which appears to be the tallest part of this piece?

This is my favorite angle, so far.
It seems to hide (somewhat) that right thigh which reveals how skinny it really is underneath the armor plating. Maybe with the head turned to the left, it'll be perfect for me. :)

punkg42, thanks for sharing.

Sideshow is listing this thing at 18" tall.

Question for those that have this:

Is that 18" to the top of Rex's helmet or to the top of the rifle,which appears to be the tallest part of this piece?

This is 21" from base to rifle tip and a touch over 19" from base to the top of Rex's helmet

Every time I look at this piece I can't stop thinking about the 1/6 line. I think that this is what's keepin me away from getting this piece.

Although I like many aspects of this piece as well, I do think that the blue colors do not look authentic or realistic. Especially on the helmet.

I don't get why SS is not shipping mine? It says processing?!? I paid in full a long time ago before release. Strange....

Well I was foiled last night by the wife and wasn't able to open mine up but she will be home late tonight. Mwaha.. Mwahaha.. Mwahahahahaha....

This is my favorite angle, so far.
It seems to hide (somewhat) that right thigh which reveals how skinny it really is underneath the armor plating. Maybe with the head turned to the left, it'll be perfect for me. :)

punkg42, thanks for sharing.

Ya know... I think it's the pictures... it doesn't look that bad in real life. It looks a bit twisted weird and somewhat skinny... but it is not as noticeable in person as it is in pics.

Great pictures .
Oil trick seemed to work like a charm....his helmet looks like its sitting nicely.

One question....
Do the grenades hang firmly in his grasp or is it barely hanging ?

A little worried that a child's "thump" on the display case would be enough to lodge it off and......?
:horror

The grenades just sort of hang there... so a hefty bump would probably knock them off.

Anyone know if there is a box difference between the Exclusive and regular version? I opened the shipper and while the shipper does say Exclusive and have the correct product number, the product box doesn't show the grenade belt or have the Sideshow Exclusive gold sticker. The bottom of the box also has the incorrect product number (seems the only difference between the two is that the exclusive version has an extra "1" on the end of it.)

Just curious before I open it.

I don't get why SS is not shipping mine? It says processing?!? I paid in full a long time ago before release. Strange....

Well I would call them and not hope that they see your post. Turn out last month someone put one of my items in the freezer. I was pulling out the liver a bit ago and said. What's this?

But really you should call them.

Anyone know if there is a box difference between the Exclusive and regular version? I opened the shipper and while the shipper does say Exclusive and have the correct product number, the product box doesn't show the grenade belt or have the Sideshow Exclusive gold sticker. The bottom of the box also has the incorrect product number (seems the only difference between the two is that the exclusive version has an extra "1" on the end of it.)

Just curious before I open it.

got mine in today via UPS...no EX decal on the inner box and no calendar

No exclusive sticker on my box or a friend's box. Seems like none of them have it.

Back