Premium Format Captain Rex Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To everyone that has this, I have been trying to get the helmet in the same position as it is on the box. Like this person has....

8389739461_dd6a411e72_c.jpg

.... but I am affraid to move it on the peg as it may break. Is it just a matter of taking the helmet off the peg and setting it in that position? It seems most have the helmet looking forward, but I would like to have it looking like the photo above without damaging it. Has any one here tried it?

Great pic! I need to open mine it's sitting here for 5 days now. Just been busy.

guys it's not his pic. He's trying to figure out how to get the head to look like the pic. :lecture

Holy crap! This base is soooo freaking heavy!!!! I opened him up and it's much better in person. The head pops in you can turn it anyway you like. The ex grenades is scary how loose it hangs. I used a rubber band to keep it on his hands. It will fall otherwise. Overall it's a good statue not perfect but it's pretty good.

To everyone that has this, I have been trying to get the helmet in the same position as it is on the box. Like this person has....

8389739461_dd6a411e72_c.jpg

.... but I am affraid to move it on the peg as it may break. Is it just a matter of taking the helmet off the peg and setting it in that position? It seems most have the helmet looking forward, but I would like to have it looking like the photo above without damaging it. Has any one here tried it?

To be honest, once I got the helmet on the peg, it rotated pretty easily like a ball joint. It's really tight at first and what I did the first time was try to push the helmet on in a position very close to where I wanted it to be. Unfortunately, the first time I put the helmet on, I had forgotten the shoulder paldron, which resulted in a VERY scary moment having to remove the helmet. That is the only time it felt like something might break. Good luck.

To be honest, once I got the helmet on the peg, it rotated pretty easily like a ball joint. It's really tight at first and what I did the first time was try to push the helmet on in a position very close to where I wanted it to be. Unfortunately, the first time I put the helmet on, I had forgotten the shoulder paldron, which resulted in a VERY scary moment having to remove the helmet. That is the only time it felt like something might break. Good luck.

:lol yes me too, I forgot the shoulder pad until it was too late. But it was fine.

My ex shipped out today!! Pretty exited to see him in person. Looks like all the feedback here is unanimously positive for Rex!

This guy is looking cooler the more I see him, the base is very heavy! Congrats on the ex. Be careful about his hand holding the grenades. It can fall and break. I use a rubber band to hold them tightly.

This guy is looking cooler the more I see him, the base is very heavy! Congrats on the ex. Be careful about his hand holding the grenades. It can fall and break. I use a rubber band to hold them tightly.

Thanks! I may use your technique when he arrives. Should get here in PA on Thursday. :yess: I have no doubts I'll be impressed!

#10 ex just arrived. Have yet to take him out, but my initial reaction is that he's pretty impressive! I took the rifle out & noticed it was bowed a bit & the hilt has a hairline fracture that was painted over... I can't imagine that's part if the sculpt. Anyone else have any of these issues? Oh, & like a few have mentioned... My box didn't have an ex sticker either.

#10 ex just arrived. Have yet to take him out, but my initial reaction is that he's pretty impressive! I took the rifle out & noticed it was bowed a bit & the hilt has a hairline fracture that was painted over... I can't imagine that's part if the sculpt. Anyone else have any of these issues? Oh, & like a few have mentioned... My box didn't have an ex sticker either.

Sorry to hear.
Maybe it's time to let Sideshow know about it and get you a proper one.

I did contact them via email & got a response later that same day asking for some pictures of the damage. Should be rectified quickly! Fingers crossed.

Just took the base out & yeah... It's pretty hefty as far as pff bases go. 12 pounds to be exact! I also noticed the battle droids arm is somewhat articulated. Has limited movement to it, but thought that was a cool bonus.

Question for the exclusive owners... I was expecting the base to say exclusive & noticed it has nothing besides the edition number to proove that it is. I'm guessing all ex bases are like this?

Just took the base out & yeah... It's pretty hefty as far as pff bases go. 12 pounds to be exact! I also noticed the battle droids arm is somewhat articulated. Has limited movement to it, but thought that was a cool bonus.

Question for the exclusive owners... I was expecting the base to say exclusive & noticed it has nothing besides the edition number to proove that it is. I'm guessing all ex bases are like this?

Bases don't seem to say 'exclusive' anymore.

Back